New Jersey Assembly aims to ban all handgun, some rifle ammo

This is a discussion on New Jersey Assembly aims to ban all handgun, some rifle ammo within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Prison Planet.com New Jersey Assembly aims to ban all handgun, some rifle ammo ** Aaron Dykes PrisonPlanet.com January 28, 2012 In an end-run around ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: New Jersey Assembly aims to ban all handgun, some rifle ammo

VIP Member

New Jersey Assembly aims to ban all handgun, some rifle ammo

Prison Planet.com New Jersey Assembly aims to ban all handgun, some rifle ammo

Aaron Dykes
    PrisonPlanet.com
    January 28, 2012

In an end-run around an all out gun ban, the New Jersey Assembly Law & Public Safety Committee is set to consider legislation that would ban ammunition under the auspices of protecting police.

The language seemingly targets the already prohibited ‘armor piercing ammunition’ but would encompass any ammo that is deemed to “pose a threat to the safety and well being of law enforcement.” Ammoland is reporting that “Common hunting, target, and self-defense ammunition would be subject to ban, along with BB’s, airgun pellets, and non-metallic ammunition like plastic airsoft pellets.”

The NRA concurs with Ammoland, reporting that while the language of the bill seemingly deals only with handgun ammo, the actual legislation could include the ban of many rifle ammunition, particularly as there is a bleed over between cartridges that work with both types of firearms....

SNIP

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    How does LE enforce such a law? There really isn't a good way to enforce a law such as this that will put a dent in a criminals ability to kill someone with a gun. what they need to do is fund LE and put more cops on the street so they can be more proactive in curtailing violent crime by having a bigger presence where the high violent crime is happening.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

VIP Member
    This is the same state with the GOP governor many consider to be a serious contender for higher office?

I'm waiting for someone to step up here in New Jersey and protect our......Constitutional Rights.......where is he ?

Stop electing these libral lawyer types or Insurance rates, taxes and our firearms laws will never change for the good......defeat them at the Voting Booth.

+1 for Ron Paul and our Constitutional Rights.
    Chevy-SS and peckman28 like this.

VIP Member
    Liberal state with mostly liberal voters....there u have it. It's like ******* against the tide..
    tkruf and jem102 like this.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

If the people want to sit back an take it, that's on them. They will wake up when it's too late to do anything about it. Why not just move to England, it's already the way they want it over there.
    DaveH, tkruf and jem102 like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

This law is written with typical Jersey vagueness that would enable 'the authorities' to redefine 'dangerous ammo' whenever they saw fit.
    And Chris Christie is no friend of gun rights/2A advocates. His political appointees reveal where his heart really is.
    He's just another member of the political machine here...a machine that wants to control every aspect of our lives.
    I could see Christie signing this legislation...unless of course he does have presidential aspirations.
    DaveH likes this.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

You know, it's a real shame to see BS like this even get serious consideration.

It's also a shame that Ron Paul hasn't learned to moderate (i.e., move away from far right) just a few of his key positions. If he could just come to the middle a little bit on some issues, then he might actually have a chance of becoming POTUS. Damn, we REALLY need someone like a Ron Paul............

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Pennsylvania ammo sellers thinks this new law rocks!
    DaveH likes this.

Think about it you have heard this before. Remember the days of the Brady bill they had tried this idea at a National level . It almost got passed but someone woke up and they figured out it banned all ammo. Same stuff recycled. That does not mean you can rest we must work to stop it, but it will keep coming back.
    tkruf and DaveH like this.

Insanity

I'm certain that the criminals barred from having guns in their mere possession will not being using the imaginary bullets in the imaginary guns to kill real people.

I mean, that never happens, right?
    DaveH likes this.

Like anything liberals try to pass in legislatures, they appeal to emotions...

think-of-the-children.jpg

In this one, they will argue that voting against anything that can "pose a threat to the safety and well being of law enforcement" makes you anti law enforcement...

It's an emotional appeal...nothing more...

Liberals use emotions, conservatives use facts (at least true conservatives do...)
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

VIP Member

Angry

It sounds like everything else with this country lately. Chipping away at our values and rights at ever turn. The balance level is on a slow tilt towards the liberal thinkers and politicians sell us out to retain their votes as a general rule. In reality non of those politicians have us in their hearts and minds so we end up voting for the lesser of two evils. I don't trust any of them at all with my rights and freedoms for a moment. It's all ends up being a lawyers game for the rich man for control.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

I figured out why they do this. They don't have the brains or the patience to actually close a case based on the actual crime so they're adding this as a way to put the BGs in jail based just upon having something like bullets.

On the way, they get to harass regular law-abiding citizens whom they don't think should have the same rights as a LEO (because let's face it, what makes LEOs feel special is having guns).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links