Tennessee parking lot/employee safe passage

This is a discussion on Tennessee parking lot/employee safe passage within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; OK everyone from the fine state of Tennessee, this will be the third year in a row this has been out there and we need ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jem102

Thread: Tennessee parking lot/employee safe passage

OK everyone from the fine state of Tennessee, this will be the third year in a row this has been out there and we need to get behind it and pass it this year. There are several other renditions but they all have "conditions" which will be used to take the "teeth" out of the bill.

The quote below is from the Tennessee Firearms Association alert.

"Please Support - SB3002/HB3560 - Employee Safe Commute Bill

This bill has been introduced by Senator Faulk and Representative Bass. It is a bi-partisan bill. This issue is a top issue for TFA in 2012.

This bill is directed an removing needless infringements under current law which employers can use to impair the ability of individuals who have been authorized by the state to carry firearms for personal defense to commute to and from work while in possession of their personal defense firearm. Without passage of this type of law, which already exists in many states, a citizen can be criminally prosecuted and/or terminated with cause simply by legally commuting to work and then parking at his or her place of employment. Without this change in the law, citizens are forced to travel without the option of a self-defense firearms, often at substantial distances, into dangerous areas and/or at night."

If you agree please get the e-mails and phone calls in motion. We are coming up on elections and may have some leverage.
    Much appreciated!!!
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

TN, Git 'r' Done.... before I move down there.... hurry up!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Good luck on the bill. I hope they get it through. I really do wish they would push a bill such as this in Virginia also, my employer is anti as well.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

This seems to be an issue of growing concern everywhere. There's a bill in the South Dakota legislature to provide similar protections to the lawfully armed citizenry.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    They need to model it after the FL "Parking Lot" law.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    They need to model it after the FL "Parking Lot" law.
    Yep, and without the "Mickey Mouse" exception.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Please Enable Cookies to Use This Site

OK folks please use the link above to contact the Tennessee legislature. The Speaker of the House will try to keep this off the calendar because of her big business ties so each and every e-mail counts. Please add in some of your own words to put some weight behind this don't just use the "canned" paragraph.

Much appreciated.
    Who is John Galt?

Here is my response:

SB3002/HB3560, the Employee Safe Commute Bill, is a top issue for me in 2012. It has no impact on the employer. It protects me from being criminally prosecuted or loosing my job only because I prefer to be ready to defend myself while going to and from work.
    I have watched this same legislation struggle to be passed for several years now. I don't see anyone being responsible for my safety on my hour plus commute, in the dark other than myself. Why, as a law abiding citizen, that has more than satisfactorily completed Tennessee's hand gun safety course, provided all the necessary information to the state, my firearm is legally registered, my drivers license is up to date and clean and my property taxes paid...Please, tell me why you won't help me help myself to return home to my family safely each day...I don't think it is a lot to ask for, now is it?

Please stand up for the citizens of Tennessee. Stand up for our rights. It is what you promised to do when we voted...Remember...

Sincerely,
    sdprof likes this.
    Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by jem102 View Post
    TFA Action Center email campaign

OK folks please use the link above to contact the Tennessee legislature. The Speaker of the House will try to keep this off the calendar because of her big business ties so each and every e-mail counts. Please add in some of your own words to put some weight behind this don't just use the "canned" paragraph.

Much appreciated.
    02/08/2012: HB3002/SB3560 Employee Safe Passage Bill
    As expected the House Speaker is advising representatives to have nothing to do this bill. If we are going to make it happen folks need to get behind this bill. Please call, write, e-mail and/or use the link above from the Tennessee Firearms Association but you must act soon.
    Who is John Galt?

VIP Member
    In line with this bill, see this article and hit the poll:

Tennessee Senate speaker: Guns-in-parking lots bill goes too far | timesfreepress.com
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Links