Bills in South carolina

Bills in South carolina

This is a discussion on Bills in South carolina within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Does anyone know of a pro gun organization that tracks bills in South Carolina? We used to have Grassroots South Carolina but problems with them ...

Bills in South carolina

Does anyone know of a pro gun organization that tracks bills in South Carolina? We used to have Grassroots South Carolina but problems with them caused their demise. Not the place to discuss the validy of their problems. But seaching all the new recent bills is almost impossible. Thanks

I joined the NRA and now get a newsletter in my email that includes all gun related legislation news that affects me at the state and national level.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Grassroots is still in legal limbo. The judge barred them from any group business while until he decides the case. He has waited 8 months to issue a decision that should have been decided in a week. It is a politcal hit job, but right now Grassroots SC is just mostly dead. I am not aware of anyone doing the same work with the same level of knowledge and concern that Grassroots SC. The NRA got a couple of big things wrong (the Viers amendment for one) in SC recently. If we can exert enough pressure I hope we can get Grassroots revived.

what happened to GRSC???
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

They got sued for not having annual meetings to elect board of directors. It did not become an issue until they fought hard against some politicians trying hijack a very good gun rights bill. After the amendments were exposed for what they were, someone started demanding a list of members. The board of directors held a vote of the membership to block the release of the list. The blocking of the list of members angered some poeple and so thay found another reason to sue and effectively killed the group. They lost the suit and are waiting for the appeal, which seems to be taking a lot longer than necessary.

I do not KNOW anyone who supplies the information.
    I was once a member Grassroots ,,,, but dropped out.
    I felt they did not support the up state ,,, my opinion.

The following may explain WHAT HAPPENED ,,,,, to GRASSROOTS OF SC.

Stuffed Suits - Grassroots Gun Rights: The Full Story

Stuffed Suits - Grassroots Gun Rights Board of Directors Under the Gun

No offense, but I am glad that Grassroots is gone... They were a very legalistic group in their own way... Not to mention I believe because of them we could have had 2-3 bills pass that would have opened up some rights for us, but because they didnt like one piece of it, or another they would hound it and cause the bill to die, or not get approved..

One bill for instance was going to allow carry in places that serve alcohol, which would have opened up many many restaurants that me and my wife love to go to. But GRSC didnt like two peices in the bill, which honestly didnt affect anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet1234 View Post

Thanks for posting that... I was wondering what happend to Grassroots although I was/am not a member.
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet1234 View Post

'

That is an explanation for the lawsuit, but it does not explain wh wanted the membership roles released and why. I believe Mr. Looney was either a pawn in the whole thing or one of the instigators. Unfortunately the board of directors gave them an opening by not having th required meetings and elections.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr7point62 View Post
    No offense, but I am glad that Grassroots is gone... They were a very legalistic group in their own way... Not to mention I believe because of them we could have had 2-3 bills pass that would have opened up some rights for us, but because they didnt like one piece of it, or another they would hound it and cause the bill to die, or not get approved..

One bill for instance was going to allow carry in places that serve alcohol, which would have opened up many many restaurants that me and my wife love to go to. But GRSC didnt like two peices in the bill, which honestly didnt affect anything at all.
    One of those two pieces "that wouldn't affect a thing" would have made it illegal for anyone from out of state to carry a gun for any reason with or without a license from a reciprocal state, even if they were hunting with a vaild out of state hunting license or attendng a legal shooting competition.

Links