Colorado

This is a discussion on Colorado within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From the NRA-ILA: Colorado: House Judiciary Committee to Consider Two NRA-Backed Bills Committee hearings have been scheduled for two important NRA-backed bills that would positively ...

Thread: Colorado

Colorado

From the NRA-ILA:
    Colorado: House Judiciary Committee to Consider
    Two NRA-Backed Bills

Committee hearings have been scheduled for two important NRA-backed bills that would positively affect law-abiding gun owners in the Centennial State: House Bill 1048 and House Bill 1064. Both bills will be heard in the House Judiciary Committee next Thursday, February 9, at 1:30 p.m. in Room 107 of the State Capitol.

HB 1048, introduced by state Representative Mark Waller (R-15), would eliminate the duplicative state-run Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) InstaCheck system for the purchase of firearms and solely utilize the existing National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). By removing the CBI InstaCheck, HB 1048 could possibly save the state of Colorado millions of dollars and repeal an unnecessary and duplicative state program.

Introduced by state Representative Amy Stephens (R-20), HB 1064 would protect your Second Amendment rights by prohibiting the state or any government agency, during a declared state of emergency, from prohibiting or restricting the otherwise lawful possession, use, carrying, transfer, transportation, storage, or display of a firearm or ammunition; seizing or confiscating a lawfully possessed firearm, or requiring registration of a firearm or ammunition for which registration is not otherwise required by law.

These critical bills need your support. Please call AND e-mail members of the House Judiciary Committee and respectfully urge them to SUPPORT HB 1048 and HB 1064. Contact information can be found below.

House Judiciary Committee:

Representative Bob Gardner (R-21), Chair
    bob.gardner.house@state.co.us
    (303) 866-2191

Representative Mark Barker (R-17), Vice-Chair
    mark.barker.house@state.co.us
    (303) 866-3069

Representative Brian DelGrosso (R-51)
    brian@briandelgrosso.com
    (303) 866-2947

Representative Crisanta Duran (D-5)
    crisanta.duran.house@state.co.us
    (303) 866-2925

Representative Daniel Kagan (D-3)
    repkagan@gmail.com
    (303) 866-2921

Representative Pete Lee (D-18)
    pete.lee.house@state.co.us
    (303) 866-2932

Representative Claire Levy (D-13)
    claire.levy.house@state.co.us
    (303) 866-2578

Representative B.J. Nikkel (R-49)
    rep.nikkel@gmail.com
    (303) 866-2907

Representative Su Ryden (D-36)
    su.ryden.house@state.co.us
    (303) 866-2942

Representative Jerry Sonnenberg (R-65)
    jerry.sonnenberg.house@state.co.us
    (303) 866-3706

Representative Mark Waller (R-15)
    mark.waller.house@state.co.us
    (303) 866-5525
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

2. Remove Ads

1048 will die (the Feds always miss something), and 1064 will get pigeonholed due to the upcoming election. My prediction. Heck, the constitutional carry bill was shot down surprisingly fast. At least last year it made it through both houses.

Both good bills, and I am surprised that 1064 took that long to come into existence.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    1048 will die (the Feds always miss something), and 1064 will get pigeonholed due to the upcoming election. My prediction. Heck, the constitutional carry bill was shot down surprisingly fast. At least last year it made it through both houses.

Both good bills, and I am surprised that 1064 took that long to come into existence.
    Unfortunately, this will be continued until Republicans regain control of both the Senate and the Governor's mansion.

Links