Eric Holder's 'Fast and Furious' woe

This is a discussion on Eric Holder's 'Fast and Furious' woe within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Lawmakers investigating Fast and Furious may cite Eric Holder for contempt - latimes.com ** House Republicans say the attorney general refuses to turn over key ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Eric Holder's 'Fast and Furious' woe

VIP Member

Thumbs up Lawmakers investigating gun scheme may cite Holder for contempt

Lawmakers investigating Fast and Furious may cite Eric Holder for contempt - latimes.com

House Republicans say the attorney general refuses to turn over key documents about the ATF's failed Fast and Furious operation.

By Richard A. Serrano, Washington Bureau February 2, 2012, 11:12 p.m.
    Reporting from Washington—

House Republicans
    threatened Atty. Gen. Eric H. Holder Jr. with a criminal contempt of Congress citation Thursday, alleging the Justice Department has refused for a year to turn over key documents in lawmakers' investigation of the failed Fast and Furious gun-tracking operation.

SNIP

One Republican Capitol Hill official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive matter, said: "We are serious. This investigation has been very, very legitimate."

SNIP

The Republican committee members indicated they were leaning toward a contempt citation based on their belief that the Justice Department had "much greater knowledge of, and involvement in, Fast and Furious than it has previously acknowledged."

SNIP
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links