Eric Holder's 'Fast and Furious' woe

This is a discussion on Eric Holder's 'Fast and Furious' woe within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Eric Holder's 'Fast and Furious' woe - CNN.com ** Eric Holder's 'Fast and Furious' woe By Michael V. Hayden, CNN Contributor updated 7:59 AM EST, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Eric Holder's 'Fast and Furious' woe

VIP Member

Eric Holder's 'Fast and Furious' woe - CNN.com

By Michael V. Hayden, CNN Contributor

updated 7:59 AM EST, Wed February 1, 2012

SNIP

But even if some attributes are similar -- tough problem, edgy solution, inherent complexity, great secrecy, high operational and political risk -- it was definitely not a covert action since those are clearly defined in an executive order as the province of the Central Intelligence Agency.

Beyond that, if it had been a true covert action, the attorney general would have had to give his opinion as to its lawfulness beforehand; the implementing agency would have been required to exhaustively articulate risk; the National Security Council would have had to judge it favorably; President Barack Obama would have had to authorize it; and the Congress would have had to have been briefed before its implementation.

And all concerned would have had the opportunity to reject a bad idea, whatever its rationale.

These routine safeguards not only protect agencies, their leaders and their officers from legal and political jeopardy, they also protect the government from serious missteps.

Now Holder, without such safeguards in place, must defend himself against some very tough accusations, including one by some skeptics that the operation was intended principally to discredit, and thereby justify further regulation of, firearms dealers.

SNIP
    Last edited by DaveH; February 1st, 2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: fixed the strange spacing that showed up
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

If found guilty of Perjury at a minimum......IMO he should face a jail sentenance like anyone else.
    shooterX, msgt/ret and tkruf like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    If found guilty of Perjury at a minimum......IMO he should face a jail sentenance like anyone else.
    Doubt it. Bill Clinton perjured himself in a grand fashion and walked. Like it or not, we all are not subject to the same laws.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Doubt it. Bill Clinton perjured himself in a grand fashion and walked. Like it or not, we all are not subject to the same laws.
    Not sure if I understand what you are saying. It seems self contradictory.

Sometimes politicians do walk, but I think that is proof that we are not all subject to the same laws, even though we should be.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Not sure if I understand what you are saying. It seems self contradictory.

Sometimes politicians do walk, but I think that is proof that we are not all subject to the same laws, even though we should be.
    I definitely could have worded it better.

This is good news and about time. This may get some where in finding out the truth. It will take time but lawsuits exposed the ugly.
    Family Of Murdered Border Patrol Agent Files $25M Suit Against ATF | Fox News

Rep Issa from Cali filed a Contempt of Congress against Holder a day or two ago. I am not sure what the legal ramifications are for Mr. Holder but I am fairly certain it will not be pretty. One can not help having their breath taken away by the unbelievable arrogance he; Mr. Holder, displayed when Congress began drilling him about Op F&F. Beware of the Karma Ladies and Gentlemen cuz we all know what comes around goes around and hopefully sooner rather than later.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Holder SHOULD BE FIRED.

If he DID NOT KNOW about 'Fast and Furious' Holder SHOULD BE FIRED
    for running the DOJ WITH no controls in place.

If he DID KNOW about 'Fast and Furious' Holder SHOULD BE FIRED
    & SHOULD BE BEFORE A JUDGE for many charges.

If he was NOT Obama's friend or if he was A WHITE GUY ,,,, he
    would already be OUT ON HIS BUTT,,,, my opinion & worth what you
    paid for it.
    tkruf, scgunlover1 and DC like this.

Holder is merely a symptom of a much larger problem.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    It's another way Obama's administration is trying to back door our gun rights.. If the truth ever comes out he's trting to show america that "assault" weapons are easy to get and kill people by realing them and oohhh look what we've found but it backfired
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Just read a news report last night of Holder having prosecutors on staff who took bribes, others compromised without bribes. He was aware but did not take action against him to keep him and the DOJ (and Obama?) from looking bad. It is after all election season and Obama is running ads in battleground states claiming he's tough on ethics. Oops! All this combined should do Holder in. I can't see Obama keeping him with these new revelations.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Aww, he didn't do anything wrong. Don't you know the reason he is being criticized is race? He said so himself...
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Aww, he didn't do anything wrong. Don't you know the reason he is being criticized is race? He said so himself...
    It isn't a RACE Issue,not all Black Americans LIE,CHEAT,and STEAL.It'a a Moral and Ethics issue and Holder and several others in this self serving Dictatorship have none.His attitude is basically you can't prove nothing, and even if you could I still didn't do it.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member

More in the news

'Fast and Furious' consequences coming, Holder says - CNN.com

By the CNN Wire Staff
    updated 2:45 PM EST, Thu February 2, 2012

Washington (CNN) -- Firings and charges against Justice Department officials who oversaw the agency's flawed gun-running operation are likely to come in the next six months, Attorney General Eric Holder said Thursday.

Holder was speaking before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee on the controversial sting operation called Operation Fast and Furious.
    Asked what steps he had taken since the controversy came to light 13 months ago, Holder said he is awaiting the conclusions of an internal investigation.

Regarding people found culpable in that inquiry, he said, "I can assure you those people will be removed from federal service."

SNIP

Yeah Right!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

VIP Member

More

AG Holder Defends DOJ In Flap Over Firearm Sting - The BLT: The Blog of Legal Times

SNIP

Republicans on the committee today demanded greater access to documents from the Justice Department, accusing DOJ of intentionally hiding information that could embarrass the department. Firearms linked to the botched sting were recovered at the Dec. 2010 shooting death scene of border patrol agent Brian Terry. Other members challenged Holder over why DOJ hasn’t fired any employee.

Oversight committee Democrats, including Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland, the ranking minority member, called the flap over Fast and Furious an “election-year witch hunt.” The minority staff issued a report this week that absolved top DOJ leadership of any wrongdoing.

SNIP
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links