This is why we must cherish and maintain our right

This is a discussion on This is why we must cherish and maintain our right within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The citizens of our neighbor to the north have not maintained their natural right to self defense... even in their own homes... Here's a man ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: This is why we must cherish and maintain our right

This is why we must cherish and maintain our right

The citizens of our neighbor to the north have not maintained their natural right to self defense... even in their own homes... Here's a man with legally held weapons in his home.... who was shooting at thugs that were firebombing his home....

Story here

I wonder if Ian Thompson could apply for asylum here in this country where in most cases he could have shot the arsonists without a problem...

BTW, quite funny how the prosecutor thought the shell casings would eject from the revolver... Idiot!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Wow -- that is absolutely insane!! Charging him with unsafe storage of a weapon? If the Canadian people don't do something soon, they will be meeting the same fate as the British!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USPnTX View Post
    If the Canadian people don't do something soon, they will be meeting the same fate as the British!
    We're working on it, believe me.
    mbren1313, DaveH and Guest1 like this.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    GunnyBunny -- Sounds like you guys have a very much uphill battle!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USPnTX View Post
    GunnyBunny -- Sounds like you guys have a very much uphill battle!!
    True, but we have a much more gun friendly government in power now, with a majority in the House to do whatever they want. They've already almost passed legislation scrapping the long gun registry and we're hoping that's just the beginning of better things to come.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Sounds like some ridiculous skit on Saturday Night Live. Unbelievable!

Good luck!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Crown attorney Robert Mahler sounds like a "Royal" anal pore, who is, shall we say, clueless.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Utterly disgusting. I hope this case receives wide and HONEST publication up there, and hopefully it will wake some people up the laws can change for the better.

Wow!, just wow. I live just south-east of this on the other side of the mighty Niagara in the Peoples Republic of New Yawk and we don't even have it this bad. My hopes and prayers go out to Canada.

Jim

Makes one pause to reflect on how good we have it here in the US, notwithstanding all the BS that we have to deal with.

nothing will change; too many anti-gun people and the ones that want them will not stand and be heard

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    barstool you are wrong, the tide is changing, before you could not mention CCW without being looked at as some sort of freak, now people are discussing it mainstream.

After 2 1/2 hrs of a Canadian border patrol asking me over and over and over and over.

Do you own guns ? Yes, I do
    Do you take them with you on vacation ? Yes, I do ... as long as I'm staying in the USA.
    Do you have any with you now ? No, I do not....
    Do you know it's illegal to have guns in Canada ? Yes, I do .
    Are you sure you don't have any with you now ? Yes I'm sure, I do not have any guns with me or in my car.

Finally, told the guy to go to hell and I would just spend my money in the USA , because if he was an example of Canadians and after 2 1/2 hrs still couldn't understand how many times I had told him I did NOT have guns with me, I really didn't want to visit Canada. I did ask him if he had to pass any kind of test to get that job, and he said yes, and I told him it must have been a really simple test.

Spent my money in the USA.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    After 2 1/2 hrs of a Canadian border patrol asking me over and over and over and over.
    What prompted him to ask in the first place? I can't recall ever being asked this question at the CA border before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links