GA - Just got this 2a related email.. Might be worth looking into....

This is a discussion on GA - Just got this 2a related email.. Might be worth looking into.... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just got this email from Campaignforliberty.... Thanks to all of your hard work pressuring Representatives in the Georgia House, the Public Safety and Homeland ...

Thread: GA - Just got this 2a related email.. Might be worth looking into....

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

GA - Just got this 2a related email.. Might be worth looking into....

I just got this email from Campaignforliberty....

Thanks to all of your hard work pressuring Representatives in the Georgia House, the Public Safety and Homeland Security committee has scheduled hearings on Constitutional Carry!

You may be wondering why you’re just now hearing about this. House ‘leadership’ doesn’t want you to know about this meeting, so the meeting notice wasn’t published online until this morning.

Worse still is the fact that by the time you read this we’ll have less than 24 hours to respond!

You see, certain politicians want “Constitutional Carry” to die a quiet death in committee while you aren’t looking. They want to be able to say that they “did all that they could,” but that it “just wasn’t the right time.”

Don’t be fooled by these politicians’ dirty tricks! Stand up and fight for your right to bear arms!

Contact these House Public Safety and Homeland Security members and demand a roll-call vote on Consitutional Carry!

Rep. Darlene Taylor - darlene.taylor@house.ga.gov
    404-656-0177 | 229-224-9508 | darlene@rose.net

Rep. Jay Neal - darlene.taylor@house.ga.gov
    404-656-5138 | 423-412-3292

Rep. Billy Maddox - billy.maddox@house.ga.gov
    404-656-3947

Rep. Billy Horne - billy.horne@house.ga.gov
    404-656-0287 | 770-683-4676 | gahouse71@yahoo.com

Rep. Doug Collins - doug.collins@house.ga.gov
    404-651-7737 | 770-983-2223 | coll7802@bellsouth.net

Rep. Bob Hanner - bob.hanner@house.ga.gov
    404-656-7859 | 229-623-2841

Rep. Willie Talton - willie.talton@house.ga.gov
    404-656-5116 | 478-923-6252

Rep. Ann Purcell - ann.purcell@house.ga.gov
    404-656-5139 | 912-826-5465

And if you can make it down to Atlanta Thursday morning, please attend the Public Safety and Homeland Security committee meeting and show your support for “Constitutional Carry”.
    Georgia Constitutional Carry Act of 2012 Hearing
    Thursday, February 9, 2012
    8 AM - 10 AM
    Coverdell Legislative Office Building
    Room 506
    18 Capitol Square SW
    Atlanta, GA, 30334

Thank you for your continued support in this fight!

Yours in Liberty,

Nathan Adams
    Interim State Coordinator
    Georgia Campaign for Liberty

P.S. Don’t forget to sign our Constitutional Carry petition and share this email with all of your friends and family in Georgia.

P.P.S. Contact Representative Ann Purcell at (404) 656-5139 and demand a roll-call vote on the Georgia Constitutional Carry Act of 2012.e Georgia Constitutional Carry Act of 2012.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    I am always skeptical when they proclaim "leadership did not want you to know about......"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elk Hunter View Post
    I am always skeptical when they proclaim "leadership did not want you to know about......"
    I don't know GA politics.

But I do know how it works in VA.

Here the "leadership" uses "Death Star" / "Black Hole" sub-committees to avoid votes in full committees and floor votes for just that reason -- to avoid having a voting record for their party members in "vulnerable" districts and to minimize publicity in general (as sub-committees get far less press coverage as to full committees and in-turn the full committees get less press than floor votes).

See:
    Another good night for Virginia! Action Item/Help needed

"Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made." -- Otto von Bismarck

From the "leadership" point-of-view that should read, ""Laws are like sausages, it is better that the voters not to see them being made." That way politico (like Bloomberg) can say they "believe in the Second Amendment" with a straight face -- as long as the voters don't know what's actually happening it the halls of Congress and the State capitals.

----

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance,"-- often attributed to Jefferson, no original source for this has been found in his writings.

So, I'll go with, "The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance...." -- John Philpot Curran in a speech upon the Right of Election (1790)
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Good alert.... keep up the good work.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    I don't know GA politics.

But I do know how it works in VA.

Here the "leadership" uses "Death Star" / "Black Hole" sub-committees to avoid votes in full committees and floor votes for just that reason -- to avoid having a voting record for their party members in "vulnerable" districts and to minimize publicity in general (as sub-committees get far less press coverage as to full committees and in-turn the full committees get less press than floor votes).
    Check out Subcommittee No. 3: It's the boneyard of rejected bills | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com By antiRKBA Bill Sizemore of The Virginian-Pilot

Subcommittee No. 3: It's the boneyard of rejected bills

SNIP

Among the dozens of gun bills in the hopper, however, some have fallen by the wayside. Republicans say that's because they need more study. Some Democrats suggest it's because Republicans are worried that voters will decide they've overplayed their hand and punish them at the polls.

Enter Subcommittee No. 3.

It is a curiosity in the Assembly. In the overwhelmingly Republican House, it is the only subcommittee with a Democratic majority.

The Republican speaker of the House, Del. Bill Howell, appoints the committees. And the panels' Republican chairmen select the members of the subcommittees.

[emphasis added by me]

SNIP

Welcome to the world of Realpolitik!

BTW, both parties do this. The Democrats did it, in the Senate, to some very good gun bills last year.

FWIIW, the Roanoke Times ran the same story under the headline Subcommittee the goon of Gun Bills
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Links