More illegal gun purchases by reporters

This is a discussion on More illegal gun purchases by reporters within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by pappou68 Amazing. I don't see why any law abiding citizen would oppose a background check. You need one for a CCW permit ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: More illegal gun purchases by reporters

Quote Originally Posted by pappou68 View Post
    Amazing. I don't see why any law abiding citizen would oppose a background check. You need one for a CCW permit or license. Again, the moral majority are worried about individual rights. If it keeps BGs weapons purchases down, let them check all they want to. I also don't mind being scanned B4 a flight if it helps keep me safer in the air. Lets face it, the BGs don't care about laws or people's safety so why not really crack down on them. One word-@#$#$** lawyers that will defend anyone accused of anything for a buck. Enough already!
    I wish they would take the ccw as a pre clear for flying it is now faster to drive to orlando from miami than fly. How stupid! as for person to person transfers I want a ffl record if I buy because it proves I was not the possessor before the date of purchase so if the gun was ever used in a crime they dont come after me

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by rmilchman View Post
    Police grade pistols are built to a higher standard then criminal grade pistols, everyone knows that :)
    So, what you're saying is he didn't buy a HIPOINT?

(BTW I happen to be a HIPOINT owner, and find them to be an adequate weapon.)
    It could be worse.
    "A law that burdens the exercise of an enumerated constitutional right by simply making that right more difficult to exercise cannot be considered “reasonably adapted” to a government interest, no matter how substantial that interest may be."
    Wollard V Sheridan

sgb
    Sounded like an infomercial.
    l1a1 likes this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Police grade weapons are usually 9mm 38 special or 40 chosen as not to over penetrate and cause collateral incidence. bad guy guns are those which go thru houses and cars with impunity by the by in south florida you cant tell the good guys from the bad we have soooooo many bad cops the good ones are affraid

That article was so full of hyperbole and buzzwords, all designed to inflame more than inform.

...tactical assault rifle modified to use bullets for an AK-47, along with an easy-to-conceal pistol.
    What "assault rifle" wouldn't be tactical? I never heard of a strategic one.

In fact, 34 people are murdered every day in gun violence, with many of the weapons traced back to private sales.
    There's that mythical 12000 "gun murders" a year. Not supported by any study or valid statistics (FBI, CDC) How many is "many of the weapons"? 20 a year? 1000 a year?

To find out what kind of dangerous weapons we could buy,...
    I can go into Wal-Mart and buy dangerous baseball bats, axes, tire irons, not to mention cheesecakes (oh the cholesterol bombs!)

Then there his whole train of thought of "buying guns online". No, he's finding a seller online, but buying face to face.

What a crock of smelly stuff.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

I like the count there are more killed with hammers and other non wepons

Quote Originally Posted by swmft View Post
    Police grade weapons are usually 9mm 38 special or 40 chosen as not to over penetrate and cause collateral incidence. bad guy guns are those which go thru houses and cars with impunity by the by in south florida you cant tell the good guys from the bad we have soooooo many bad cops the good ones are affraid
    Really?

I did not know that.../Johnny Carson voice, off/

The nine is a notorious over penetrator... Bad guy guns are the same as any other... and so are, ahem, "Police Grade." But once you put those hollow points in any gun, watch out! Those are designed for "maximum internal damage"... That's why I use only hollow point bbs... as dangerous as any other projectile out there... Maximum damage, I'm tellin' ya... wow!

/sarcasm off/
    l1a1 likes this.
    It could be worse.
    "A law that burdens the exercise of an enumerated constitutional right by simply making that right more difficult to exercise cannot be considered “reasonably adapted” to a government interest, no matter how substantial that interest may be."
    Wollard V Sheridan

For many if something is not regulated by the government it is a loophole.
    Freedom comes to mind.

Michael
    ctr likes this.

I wish they would take the ccw as a pre clear for flying it is now faster to drive to orlando from miami than fly. How stupid! as for person to person transfers I want a ffl record if I buy because it proves I was not the possessor before the date of purchase so if the gun was ever used in a crime they dont come after me
    Good point. You sure don't want to be the owner of record of a weapon used in a nasty crime B4 you even got it. Trouble.

VIP Member
    Ummmmmm...... Wha?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Originally Posted by swmft
    I have no problem with you wanting that or even demanding that as a condition of sale when you buy or sell a weapon in a face to face transaction. Trouble comes when you attempt to force others to do the same thing.
    I recently bought something and as a condition of sale made the seller provide me with all maintenance records on the object. I would not however force others to do the same thing.

Michael

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    And they even bought evil hollowpoint ammo.Did you know those are designed to kill and maim? I mean really, unlike those harmeless other rounds? I wanna puke.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Amazing. I don't see why any law abiding citizen would oppose a background check. You need one for a CCW permit or license. Again, the moral majority are worried about individual rights. If it keeps BGs weapons purchases down, let them check all they want to. I also don't mind being scanned B4 a flight if it helps keep me safer in the air. Lets face it, the BGs don't care about laws or people's safety so why not really crack down on them. One word-@#$#$** lawyers that will defend anyone accused of anything for a buck. Enough already!
    Because I should not need a permission slip to exercise a right.

As you stated, BGs don't care about laws or people's safety. My rights are being infringed, but not the BGs ability to get a firearm illegally.
    ctr, gigamortis, l1a1 and 1 others like this.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

What?

Please cite your source of your information.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Good point. You sure don't want to be the owner of record of a weapon used in a nasty crime B4 you even got it. Trouble.
    If you buy used it will ALWAYS have a history of some kind unless you test every gun you by for ballistics you dont know and if you use the gun in self defense with no chain of possession you will have a tuff time proving you did not pull whatever crime it was used in and they will ASS u ME you are guilty

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links