More illegal gun purchases by reporters - Page 4

More illegal gun purchases by reporters

This is a discussion on More illegal gun purchases by reporters within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by OPFOR swmft - not to bust the chops of a new member/poster, but your ideas surrounding what constitutes a "police" vs. "bad ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: More illegal gun purchases by reporters

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    swmft - not to bust the chops of a new member/poster, but your ideas surrounding what constitutes a "police" vs. "bad guy" gun are...amazingly off base, in just about every way imaginable.
    Most bg guns in south Florida are ak47 or 9mm glock there are a few cases of wheel guns usual found to have been stolen. I worked drug enforcement in the river cops era, tec 9 mac 10 all street guns then. Ever seen a street sweeper? Shotgun from hell.

Quote Originally Posted by swmft View Post
    Most bg guns in south Florida are ak47 or 9mm glock there are a few cases of wheel guns usual found to have been stolen. I worked drug enforcement in the river cops era, tec 9 mac 10 all street guns then. Ever seen a street sweeper? Shotgun from hell.
    Chuck? Is that you. Mr. Schumer, wow! Big fan here. Glad you could join us.

You sure listed some scary sounding guns there. No reason ANYONE should have them scary sounding guns. No sporting reason, that's for sure! Thanks for looking out for us.

Here's your wheelgun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQvtfHJZTUc

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I looked through the entire transcript, and while the tone and agenda is very slanted, I did not find one demonstrably untrue statement in the entire piece.
    In my post #20

In fact, 34 people are murdered every day in gun violence, with many of the weapons traced back to private sales.
    The first part of that is untrue, the second part unsupported
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Good old liberal media. Can always count on them to raise the old blood pressure just before bed.

Can we just get a moment of silence for destroying a perfectly good .50 cal? OK, you can resume.
    l1a1 likes this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by pappou68 View Post
    Amazing. I don't see why any law abiding citizen would oppose a background check. You need one for a CCW permit or license. Again, the moral majority are worried about individual rights. If it keeps BGs weapons purchases down, let them check all they want to. I also don't mind being scanned B4 a flight if it helps keep me safer in the air. Lets face it, the BGs don't care about laws or people's safety so why not really crack down on them. One word-@#$#$** lawyers that will defend anyone accused of anything for a buck. Enough already!
    "Those who give up liberty for security deserve neather."
    There is nothing agenst the law in this. this is private party to private party. weather they made first contact on line or not. Are you tring to say that all gun sales should be through a FFL?
    then please tell me how making that LAW will keep the BG's from selling the stolen guns to other BG? you already stated "BGs don't care about laws" so how does adding more hoops for a standard person to get a gun make it better?
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links