More illegal gun purchases by reporters

This is a discussion on More illegal gun purchases by reporters within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So they admit to making illegal purchases, and say the laws aren't sufficient. How about locking up the reporter. Rossen Reports: Anyone can buy guns, ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: More illegal gun purchases by reporters

So they admit to making illegal purchases, and say the laws aren't sufficient. How about locking up the reporter.

Rossen Reports: Anyone can buy guns, no questions asked - TODAY Rossen Reports - TODAY.com

It may not really be illegal. The private sale of a gun from one person to another does not require a background check in most states, as I understand it.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Amazing. I don't see why any law abiding citizen would oppose a background check. You need one for a CCW permit or license. Again, the moral majority are worried about individual rights. If it keeps BGs weapons purchases down, let them check all they want to. I also don't mind being scanned B4 a flight if it helps keep me safer in the air. Lets face it, the BGs don't care about laws or people's safety so why not really crack down on them. One word-@#$#$** lawyers that will defend anyone accused of anything for a buck. Enough already!

VIP Member
    'Very deceptive article. It suggests that online purchases bypass the FFL process; which is of course, bull hockey.

They are trying to twist a face to face transaction into an online transaction (since they may have met online). Trash journalism from an anti - what a surprise.

You could purchase illegal prescription drugs in the same back alleys as they bought these guns, yet they aren't screaming to shut down pharmaceutical companies...

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    It may not really be illegal. The private sale of a gun from one person to another does not require a background check in most states, as I understand it.
    I guess it maybe open to interpretation. They told the seller when buying a Glock that they would not be able to pass a background check. That tells me that they can not legally own a gun, but the seller sold it anyway.

I bet he hasn't written a single story on the US Government supplying mexican cartel members with firearms that have actually resulted in many deaths both US and Mexican.
    rammerjammer, BkCo1 and TomEgun like this.

Quote Originally Posted by whec724 View Post
    you could purchase illegal prescription drugs in the same back alleys as they bought these guns, yet they aren't screaming to shut down pharmaceutical companies...
    exactly!
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by rmilchman View Post
    I guess it maybe open to interpretation. They told the seller when buying a Glock that they would not be able to pass a background check. That tells me that they can not legally own a gun, but the seller sold it anyway.
    Then that falls on the seller. BOTH of them are at fault, and performing an illegal sale. The one gun purchase I made from a person I didn't know, as a personal sale, we traded permit numbers, phone numbers, and BOTH of us have a copy of all the information that we BOTH signed.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Where is the ATF on this? Probably hiding in shame because their 2d amendment operation failed miserably.

First of all, the number of transactions that occur at these shows is a mere fraction of the guns sold in general.

Two, you typically have to travel to the shows.

Three, most criminals buy their illegal firearms in the neighborhoods they live in and commit crimes.

All facts proven over and over again. Criminals by and large do not travel to gun shows to buy guns. They are too lazy to do that. It's their laziness that makes them choose to be a criminal in many cases. "Effort is for suckers" is what some of the gangbanger kids have said to myself and other staff in the high schools I've worked in. Their words, not mine.

Why travel to gun shows when you can send your narco buddies into local az gun shops and get weapons directly from the ATF?

They were legal purchases. I fail to see the "BIG DEAL"
    Stubborn likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    What is a police-grade pistol?

"We bought everything from a police-grade pistol to a semiautomatic assault rifle. We did it over and over again, even hinting that our buyer is a criminal. Within 12 hours, we bought eight dangerous guns....."

My LGS sells a lot of "police-grade pistols", matter of fact sometimes they get in a shipment of used "police grade pistols" when a department is changing out duty weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Elk Hunter View Post
    What is a police-grade pistol?

"We bought everything from a police-grade pistol to a semiautomatic assault rifle. We did it over and over again, even hinting that our buyer is a criminal. Within 12 hours, we bought eight dangerous guns....."

My LGS sells a lot of "police-grade pistols", matter of fact sometimes they get in a shipment of used "police grade pistols" when a department is changing out duty weapons.
    Police grade pistols are built to a higher standard then criminal grade pistols, everyone knows that :)
    atctimmy, l1a1 and multistage like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pappou68 View Post
    Amazing. I don't see why any law abiding citizen would oppose a background check. You need one for a CCW permit or license. Again, the moral majority are worried about individual rights. If it keeps BGs weapons purchases down, let them check all they want to. I also don't mind being scanned B4 a flight if it helps keep me safer in the air. Lets face it, the BGs don't care about laws or people's safety so why not really crack down on them. One word-@#$#$** lawyers that will defend anyone accused of anything for a buck. Enough already!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

I can almost 100% guarantee you are not a law abiding citizen. You are in probably in violation of some law or another. Have you had your property checked for arsenic in the soil? Is everything in your home up to current building code? Have you ever driven over the speed limit by 1 measly mile per hour?

By allowing the small incremental decreases in our liberties, we become boiling frogs... and we won't know we're cooked until it's too late.

I for one, wish that instead of scanning/searching me at the airport, they simply handed every passenger a loaded Glock with frangible bullets. After all, less than .001% of all airline passengers are or have been terrorists. Surely 99.999% of the law abiding citizens on a plane could take care of the .001%?
    Stubborn, rolyat63, ctr and 2 others like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links