Rahm Emanual Proposes Gun Tax In Chicago

This is a discussion on Rahm Emanual Proposes Gun Tax In Chicago within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Tax guns - well, then they should have a poll tax as well. Who's going to pay it for all those dead voters? And tax ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Rahm Emanual Proposes Gun Tax In Chicago

Tax guns - well, then they should have a poll tax as well.

Who's going to pay it for all those dead voters?

And tax the Occupy movement for exercising their First Amendment rights as well.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Its just revenue. Nothing more. Nothing to get excited about. Just fight it best you can. Its Chicago so you will probably lose before you even start to fight. But hey ....
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

$65 per handgun, every 5 years! That's stupid.

This is not like a car title where you pay for it once and you have it. There are legitimate reasons for car titles, and once you have it, you have it. There are also legitimate needs for gun purchase background checks and the associated databases, but why made the gun owners pay for that on an ongoing basis? The beneficiaries of those background checks is alleged to be everyone, so just tax everyone for that.

In fact, if it's all about the kids and making them more safe, then how about we tax each parent $65 every five years for each child? Surely parents would be glad to pay given that this is all about making their kids safe, right?

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    The citizens of Chicago elected this low life so as far as I am concerned they deserve what they get.
    Actually, most of the dead people who voted helped to win the election...
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; February 11th, 2012 at 05:42 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Ask Emanuel, if he's the one in the White House who approved "Fast & Furious" ..... I'm making bets that he is.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    You already buy a title for a car. You already buy a title for a motorcycle. You buy a title for a boat. Im not asking you to do anything you dont do already.
    Same old overused analogy, a car, boat or motorcycle are not rights under the Constitution. And does he really think criminals will pay the $65 dollars and register their weapons since SCOTUS has declared registration is a violation of criminals Fifth Amendment rights.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

This one is a dead issue already. The announcement was made on Thursday afternoon and by Friday afternoon our Governor Jello had already shot it down while announcing his own hair-brained proposed ban on "assault weapons".

The anti-gunners in Illinois are running scared. CCW legislation failed by only 6 votes last May and our side has been very aggressive since then in getting out to the Chicago neighborhoods and holding town hall meetings on ccw. At least one African-American state representative has publicly stated that he will vote for ccw this year. This could be the proverbial "domino" that we need to tumble in order to get ccw passed in the very anti-gun city.

Personally, I do not think that folks ought to "stay and fight" if they have a corrupt system. I believe your most meaningful vote is to vote with your feet---move somewhere else. That will accelerate the decline and the ultimate failure of such systems.

A prime example of this is not too far from Illinois; consider the state of Michigan and the chaos and rot exhibited by the city of Detroit. In the 1950's Detroit was considered "the Paris of the midwest." FYI, in the past decade, Detroit has lost 25% of its population. Detroit also has the highest crime/murder rate in the USA.

When you notice the 25% decline in Detroit's population during the past decade, it appears that a majority of people who are concerned about such matters agree that "voting with your feet" is the best possible choice.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    The citizens of Chicago elected this low life so as far as I am concerned they deserve what they get.

^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    He was sort of elected. Kind of the way they hold elections in countries run by dictators.

Did anyone even run against him?

^^^^^^^^^THIS statement^^^^^^^^^

Has a lot of validity to it though.
    NYC and Chicago seem to be very corrupt in this regard of who gets elected.
    There may be other large cities in this country, but I am unaware of it.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingWalleye View Post
    This one is a dead issue already. The announcement was made on Thursday afternoon and by Friday afternoon our Governor Jello had already shot it down while announcing his own hair-brained proposed ban on "assault weapons".

The anti-gunners in Illinois are running scared. CCW legislation failed by only 6 votes last May and our side has been very aggressive since then in getting out to the Chicago neighborhoods and holding town hall meetings on ccw. At least one African-American state representative has publicly stated that he will vote for ccw this year. This could be the proverbial "domino" that we need to tumble in order to get ccw passed in the very anti-gun city.
    You guys are doing a great job over there in Illinois. Keep up the good work. We support you all the way!

We will have all the crime in high places that we will collectively tolerate.
    No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Distinguished Member
    I'd treat it just like a dog tax. Don't register....
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

They got what they wanted... obamas puppet.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links