How much cash does the NRA have? - Page 2

How much cash does the NRA have?

This is a discussion on How much cash does the NRA have? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ok, here's some ideas for the NRA: 1. Keep track of when memberships are close to expiring, then offer to renew for longer terms with ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How much cash does the NRA have?

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Ok, here's some ideas for the NRA:

1. Keep track of when memberships are close to expiring, then offer to renew for longer terms with flexible payments. Don't send the offers more than 2 or 3 times.

2. Don't hire telemarketers to solict for funds. You could get members to do it gratis, and let the caller ID show up as NRA (I'm on the do not call list for a reason).

3. When there is a grassroots movement in a state, don't let your co-ordinator for that state quash the protests so it won't offend the politicians (i.e. Illinois).

4. Stop being defensive and go on the offense. Go after bad laws. Hold politicians feet to the fire. Point out what freedoms we have lost and don't just get them back, go for more. Make the anti's react to us. Be out there showing how proud you are to represent us. Sponsor a Nascar Team, a Golf Tournament, a Tennis Tournament, American Idol, do something to mainstream shooting.
    Last edited by AutoFan; August 30th, 2006 at 12:18 AM. Reason: spelling

I could ***** and whine all I want, but the bottom line is anyone on the BoD for the NRA has done more in a week to protect my RKBA than I could ever do myself in a lifetime. I have been a Life Member of the NRA since I was 12yo (I'm 25 now). I have no complaints.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Distortion9,
    Why are you depending on the NRA to recover what you've lost? Call &/or write your senators, congressmen, governor. Get envolved in getting pro gun people elected. Stand on your own two feet. Quit bashing the NRA, without them, we would have lost the 2nd Amendment many years ago.

Sir, you don't know me well enough to make such suggestions. Trust me, I have my end covered.

Why are you depending on the NRA to recover what you've lost?
    I don't DEPEND on them to do it but, It certainly is EXPECTED of them. They are the biggest, richest, most powerful, pro-2A organization on the planet, It's their job and it's what they are paid to do. I can assure you, I do my part, all I ask is that they hold up their end of the bargain.

It is MY OPINION that the NRA does not play enough offense. Defense is great but, eventually, you WILL get scored on. You need to get the damn ball once in awhile and put some points up on the board.

The NRA was founded in New York, in 1871 and yet I can not carry a gun for self protection on Long Island or in NYC in the year 2006.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher; if you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

1943 - 2009
    cowboy0707,

First of all, welcome to the forum. It's customary for a newcomer's first post to be in the New Members Introduction forum, not for flaming another member.

Just a suggestion.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Captain Crunch. Who is flaming another member? Kinda sensitive aren't you? I was simply giving Distortion9 a suggestion to take some action instead of pointing an accusatory finger at the NRA. The NRA is a hugh organization of 4 million members. However, there are an estimated 80 million gun owners. If all gun owners were NRA members maybe we could restore some of the rights we have lost. But I've got to tell you and Distortion9, as long as they elect the likes of Hillary and Chucky, they can expect more 2nd Amendment attacks. Get envolved!!!

distortion9

"what have you done for me lately" approach to the NRA.

distortion9 please check out the NRA web sites and you will see they are very active.

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=14

$100MM sould like a lot of bucks but this is a very large effort to protect the Bill of Rights, 2nd Ammendment!

The NRA needs and puts to good use our support.

When the need is greatest 1911 is faster than 911

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    IMHO.

As an Insider Looking Out I here this argument alot. I usually take the JFK approach. Ask not what the NRA can do for you but what you can do for the NRA, and I'm not speaking only monatarily... Most people know the antigun argument is based on ignorance. Well, how do you win this...Become an NRA Certfied Instructor and challenge them to take a class. They only fight what is alien to them, something they've never done. Get them to take a course Shotgun, Rifle, Pistol or what ever.... most people will admit that if you try Skeet or trap ( the real skeet game or trap game) its like cocaine. It only takes 2, 3 explosions in the air to say "I'm hooked and I'm doing this again" , and then after a while you have a competative shooter. Thats how you beat the anti's by teaching them.
    As far as putting points on the board in this game. Everystate that has concealed carry on the books can be credited to the NRA. Castle Doctrine, sunset of AWB, Kansas, NE, Frivoulous law suits against manufactures "You can now enjoy to continue to buy guns because of this" I know I hate to say this but if you don't like the laws in NY moveout. America is a free enterprise system and when you don't like the product (Product in this case=what state you live in, pay taxes in for leaders, protection, and utilities)you shop else where (move to another state buy somebody elses leadership, roads, protection, and utilities)

Quote Originally Posted by distortion9 View Post
    Sir, you don't know me well enough to make such suggestions. Trust me, I have my end covered.

I don't DEPEND on them to do it but, It certainly is EXPECTED of them. They are the biggest, richest, most powerful, pro-2A organization on the planet, It's their job and it's what they are paid to do. I can assure you, I do my part, all I ask is that they hold up their end of the bargain.

It is MY OPINION that the NRA does not play enough offense. Defense is great but, eventually, you WILL get scored on. You need to get the damn ball once in awhile and put some points up on the board.

The NRA was founded in New York, in 1871 and yet I can not carry a gun for self protection on Long Island or in NYC in the year 2006.

If you can't do a better job yourself, there isn't much room to criticize someone else.

ETA: Not aimed at anyone specifically, just general comment.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by freakshow10mm View Post
    If you can't do a better job yourself, there isn't much room to criticize someone else.

ETA: Not aimed at anyone specifically, just general comment.

Freakshow a lot of people might not be able to do certain jobs but might have a great mind to figure out to improve a certain job without having to ability to do it theirself. Does that mean if we can not do it then we have no say so in it. As you say your just general comment makes no sense and sounds like something my mother might of said to me when I was 5 years old. Lets face it the NRA is a great organization and they have done great things for all of us. My hats off to them. But there is room for improvment and I welcome to hear other comments on the subject even though I might not be able to run the NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed fatman View Post
    None. They had a party last night.
    ummm no. But I know where it all went!

It went to postage. Postage to send me more junk mail than any man have ever seen before. And postage to send me renewal forms 2 MONTHS AFTER I PAID!

The NRA of late, seems to have been infiltrated by lobbyist types, that will compromise at the drop of a hat. I would like to know how many of them own firearms, and did before employment with the NRA. I know that you have to pick your fights, but they seem to be fighting less, and compromising more. I think we need more, that really believe in the cause.
    Thank God for the GOA.
    "Old Marines never die, we just smell like it." USMC 71'-83'

Stay Safe

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy0707 View Post
    Captain Crunch. Who is flaming another member? Kinda sensitive aren't you? I was simply giving Distortion9 a suggestion to take some action instead of pointing an accusatory finger at the NRA. The NRA is a hugh organization of 4 million members. However, there are an estimated 80 million gun owners. If all gun owners were NRA members maybe we could restore some of the rights we have lost. But I've got to tell you and Distortion9, as long as they elect the likes of Hillary and Chucky, they can expect more 2nd Amendment attacks. Get envolved!!!
    Actually, no, he was not being overly sensitive. As a new member, he gave you some good advice. Everyone here has an opinion and we work very hard to provide the forum for them to voice it, without flames from others that have differing opinion. We simply don't allow flames here....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hennessy View Post
    Freakshow a lot of people might not be able to do certain jobs but might have a great mind to figure out to improve a certain job without having to ability to do it theirself. Does that mean if we can not do it then we have no say so in it. As you say your just general comment makes no sense and sounds like something my mother might of said to me when I was 5 years old. Lets face it the NRA is a great organization and they have done great things for all of us. My hats off to them. But there is room for improvment and I welcome to hear other comments on the subject even though I might not be able to run the NRA.

A lot of the NRA's critics are not members, have never been a member, expect someone else to do the dirty work, probably don't even vote. These are the people that don't have any room to comment. They are not part of the solution. These are the people I am referring to. The people that refuse to get involved but then criticize the NRA when the NRA has done more for gun rights in a half hour than the critic will ever do in their lifetime.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

I'm an NRA member and think they have done an good job (better than I could) of helping to keep and get back our rights . I do my part as an individual by writing my reps in my state and bringing more people into the fold . 2 people I work with have gotten NRA materials but never thought about it until I invited them to come down to the range with me . Now both have bought thier own weapons , become members of the range , and become members of the NRA . People can talk or gripe all day about the NRA , but they are just a part of the equation . Individuals are just as responsible to fight the fight . Those that don't get involved somehow with keeping thier rights , but instead expect an orginization or the govt to do it for them , should expect to lose those rights to the one's that WILL get involved .

The NRA is just one tool we can use , the rest is on us . Get involved , become a trainer , sponsor the local range , and most of all , get the younger generation involved . Oh , and don't forget to vote .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links