How much cash does the NRA have?

This is a discussion on How much cash does the NRA have? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I find quotes like these very funny. Information like this comes from the same media sources that don't know anything about firearms. People stand up ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much cash does the NRA have?

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I find quotes like these very funny.

Information like this comes from the same media sources that don't know anything about firearms. People stand up for this side of the argument coming from ABC, NBC, or CNN, but when something comes out about guns from these same media sources ooo no completely wrong, "NRA do something!!!" I don't see what anybody is complaining about. We have never had this many states "EVER" that are SHALL issue states. Also, now we have an amazing law on the books that doesn't allow third party's to sue gun manufactures for criminal negligence. Castle Doctrine laws are starting to be put in to alot more states. We also, now have gotton rid of the AWB ban nation wide. I ask again. Why are we complaining about the NRA, and who's information are you believing when it comes to statements like the one you made in your post? GOA great organization, but honestly who really is big brother to the gun industry? If one of these organizations gets the shaft from some outside entity or force, who do they come screaming to.

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaXD View Post
    The NRA of late, seems to have been infiltrated by lobbyist types, that will compromise at the drop of a hat. I would like to know how many of them own firearms, and did before employment with the NRA. I know that you have to pick your fights, but they seem to be fighting less, and compromising more. I think we need more, that really believe in the cause.
    Thank God for the GOA.

2. Remove Ads

Excellant post Rob99VMI04,
    It is amazing how many gun owners want to become NRA members when a Democrat is in the White House and how many complain that the NRA is not doing enough. These same people don't vote, don't call or write their senators/representatives and many are not members of the NRA. I think the NRA does an outstanding job and will defend them anytime someone complains about them.
    "If you want security, buy a gun. If you want freedom, carry it. If you want logevity, learn how to use it." Woody
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle." Barry Goldwater

Got to disagree

Rob99VMI04 wrote

"I find quotes like these very funny.

Information like this comes from the same media sources that don't know anything about firearms. People stand up for this side of the argument coming from ABC, NBC, or CNN, but when something comes out about guns from these same media sources ooo no completely wrong, "NRA do something!!!" I don't see what anybody is complaining about. We have never had this many states "EVER" that are SHALL issue states. Also, now we have an amazing law on the books that doesn't allow third party's to sue gun manufactures for criminal negligence. Castle Doctrine laws are starting to be put in to alot more states. We also, now have gotton rid of the AWB ban nation wide. I ask again. Why are we complaining about the NRA, and who's information are you believing when it comes to statements like the one you made in your post? GOA great organization, but honestly who really is big brother to the gun industry? If one of these organizations gets the shaft from some outside entity or force, who do they come screaming to."

Got to disagree: I have CALLED the NRA Grassroot types on many occasions and they do not seem to want to fight the fight. I am VERY involved at the local, and national level. I have written and called legislators, and the various gun rights groups HUNDREDS of times over the last few years, and just calling it the way I see it! I often spend several hours a day on this issue. Do you?
    "Old Marines never die, we just smell like it." USMC 71'-83'

Stay Safe

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Well I'm sorry you can't see the facts infront of you kind of like talking to some of the anti-gun people I know. They don't want to believe Facts. Just their own personal mission and opinion.

FACT: National AWB Ban Gone (NRA thank you) if you dislike the NRA so I recommend taking your Magazines over 10 rounds and getting rid of them because you don't believe in the NRA's cause.
    FACT: Castle Doctrine getting voted into more and more states. (Marrion Hammer Thank you Former NRA President)
    FACT: 2 More States Just came on line for shall issue Concealed carry
    only a handful left (thank you NRA-ILA) If for some reason you have to travel to your neighboring states to the south and those states get reciprocity later thank the NRA.
    FACT: Frivoulous Law suit Bill enacted. ( Thank you NRA) Gun Prices have gone down and you can still by them. I hate to say it but the more gun dealers go out of business the less shootig there is. Its not like we are getting any really big new ones. (besides small custom shops)
    FACT: Hurrican Katrina (Thank you NRA)

I'm sorry GOA has done what? I'm sorry that was a cheap shot, they are a good organization but still at a small level.

You haven't even mentioned what your issues are that your working on?

Hanging on the shirt tail of 4 million NRA members is not way to get your own agenda across.

Do I spend hours a day on this issue? Well, not hours, only my entire life right now. Work, Fun, and G/F all rotate around shooting

Got to disagree: I have CALLED the NRA Grassroot types on many occasions and they do not seem to want to fight the fight. I am VERY involved at the local, and national level. I have written and called legislators, and the various gun rights groups HUNDREDS of times over the last few years, and just calling it the way I see it! I often spend several hours a day on this issue. Do you?[/QUOTE]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links