How much cash does the NRA have?

This is a discussion on How much cash does the NRA have? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm guessing that they have plenty. Wouldn't mind seeing them spend some on pro 2A PSA spots. Maybe get some pro gun celebs to do ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much cash does the NRA have?

I'm guessing that they have plenty. Wouldn't mind seeing them spend some on pro 2A PSA spots. Maybe get some pro gun celebs to do them.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher; if you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    None. They had a party last night.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    I wouldn't suggest anyone try to stick them up

Earlier this week we had a similar question. While I would like to see them other than on the outdoor network, the problem maybe that the other networks absolutely refuse to run pro-gun ads seamed to be the consensus
    Last edited by Dakotaranger; August 26th, 2006 at 03:30 AM.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Administrator
    They got enough of mine over the past years...I think they stuff it into upholstered chairs so it's easier for them sit on it.
    Just my personal opinion.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Yeah, much of the media is the enemy

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    I would guess a lot.
    Afterall they pay Wayne almost a Million a year.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotaranger View Post
    the problem maybe that the other networks absolutely refuse to run pro-gun ads seamed to be the consensus
    I have no exlanation for how this got past me....you're exactly right.

I would still like to see an effort on their part (NRA) though. Maybe an aggressive marketing campaign in "anti States", aimed at the sheep, using billboards?

OVER 13 TEENAGERS DIE EVERYDAY AT THE WHEEL OF THEIR AUTOMOBILES....

....BAN AUTOMOBILES!!!!

Paid for and sponsored by the NRA

FOUR CHILDREN DIE EACH DAY IN THE U.S. FROM PARENTAL NEGLECT AND ABUSE....

....BAN PARENTS!!!

Paid for and sponsored by the NRA

Something....anything.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher; if you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

Not to mention

Dont forget those 'Assault' swimming pools that kill hundreds of children.

Exclamation Data Regarding NRA Finances

Based on conservative figures, I'd estimate the NRA has cash and investments of approximately $110 million to $125 million. This was derived by dividing "Investment Income" in the attached link by approximately 7.5% to 6.5% as an estimated rate of return. Given the financial information on the attached is FYE December 31, 2004 that's probably not too far off. This is not enough to overcome G. Soros petty cash "spend".

Of note, Wayne LaPierre's compensation was $896,000.

Of additional note, is the statement which we all need to remember "The NRA is tax-exempt under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions and membership dues are not deductible as charitable donations for federal income tax purposes."

We all need to step up our political and financial activities and supporting the NRA is one way to do so.

The Dems are acting like G. Soros speaks the "Ultimate Truth" and that fella has some real money. As we all know, he is virulently anti!

http://charityreports.give.org/Publi...CharityID=1420

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

I know I'm probably going to catch hell for this but, I tend to have a "what have you done for me lately" approach to the NRA. IMHO they spend too much time and money trying to hold on to what we have left instead of fighting to get back what has been taken away from us.

I have a thread around here about the NRA's recent "efforts" in NY...all I can say to the NRA is, PLEASE...if you're not going to be a part of the solution, then don't be a part of the problem.

I just think that they can be doing more....especially in NY and CA not to mention IL and WI.

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by distortion9 View Post
    I know I'm probably going to catch hell for this but, I tend to have a "what have you done for me lately" approach to the NRA. IMHO they spend too much time and money trying to hold on to what we have left instead of fighting to get back what has been taken away from us.

I have a thread around here about the NRA's recent "efforts" in NY...all I can say to the NRA is, PLEASE...if you're not going to be a part of the solution, then don't be a part of the problem.

I just think that they can be doing more....especially in NY and CA not to mention IL and WI.
    You won't catch any hell from me with that post.

Obviously they don't have enough yet, I receive at least one solicitation a week, for their latest crisis that I must pony up for.

VIP Member
    I think the NRA is a great organization but do not agree how they spend their money. I recieve two to three pieces of junk mail a week from them and then sometimes pieces of junk mail inside their junk mail. I think there is a better way to spend their money for me to become a member when I'm already a member.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hennessy View Post
    I think the NRA is a great organization but do not agree how they spend their money. I recieve two to three pieces of junk mail a week from them and then sometimes pieces of junk mail inside their junk mail. I think there is a better way to spend their money for me to become a member when I'm already a member.
    AMEN to that... I like to do my part and contribute but renewing every month is getting old...lol

I paid, just send me what I need.
    ::: NRA Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor, Military Veteran, Public Safety Professional :::

As far as the NRA mailings are concerned, the bottom line is that even though they are annoying, they work. If it ticks you off, just pitch it in the can (that's what I do).

I agree that the NRA needs to come up with new ideas that will get the word out. I feel that most of the NRA information about the lies of gun-control get sent to progun people (like preaching to the choir).

I think Cam's internet show was a good step. But, I think the best thing that has happened to the progun movement is the internet blogs and forums. We read things in the NRA publications that make us mad and we discuss them on blogs and forums. That gets the word out to many, many people who otherwise wouldn't here it.

I guess that's the best reason for not letting the Hillary's of the world turn the internet over to an international committee.

I also don't have a problem with the Executive Director's salary. It's a big job and you need to have a big salary to get the right guy. Now as to whether Wayne is the right guy...... ......????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links