Anti-gun Hypocrisy

Anti-gun Hypocrisy

This is a discussion on Anti-gun Hypocrisy within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anti-Gun Founder of Media Matters Approved of Aide Carrying Gun Illegally : Firearms Truth What a bunch of hypocrites. They are anti-gun yet they unlawfully ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anti-gun Hypocrisy

Anti-gun Hypocrisy

Anti-Gun Founder of Media Matters Approved of Aide Carrying Gun Illegally : Firearms Truth

What a bunch of hypocrites. They are anti-gun yet they unlawfully carried a gun in D.C.

Senior Moderator
    Funny how it works out sometimes.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

No surprise there. Your average, every day anti-gunner usually just tends to be ignorant or afraid, but basically sincere. Usually education can at least make them neutral on the subject. Those in power (whether politically, or so-called "opinion leaders") with this view, however, seem like they usually know exactly what they're doing, and it's always good to see stories like this come out to expose them for what they really are.

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    No surprise there. Your average, every day anti-gunner usually just tends to be ignorant or afraid, but basically sincere. Usually education can at least make them neutral on the subject. Those in power (whether politically, or so-called "opinion leaders") with this view, however, seem like they usually know exactly what they're doing, and it's always good to see stories like this come out to expose them for what they really are.
    I don't change attitudes. The anti's would just be mad at the guy, not change their views on gun control. I usually just glance at articles like that. Now what does hurt is when somebody like the Tea Party guy got arrested in NYC. That gets the anti's fired up.

This was picked up yesterday by Fox:

While commanding considerable influence in Washington media and political corners, the DC report describes Brock as "volatile," "erratic" and struggling with mania, a mental illness that manifests itself in grandiose behavior. He has reportedly admitted to drug use, specifically cocaine, and has previously discussed entering the psych ward at Sibley Hospital in Northwest Washington.

Those troubles may be the cause of what is perceived as paranoia on Brock's part, according to the DC, which reported that Brock maintained a phalange of bodyguards. "He had more security than a Third World dictator," a Media Matters employee told the DC.

The need for personal security, including an assistant who carried a concealed weapon in Washington, D.C., despite very strict gun laws in the city, left Brock "terrified" that he would anger George Soros, a big source of funding for MMFA and a gun control advocate, a source told the Daily Caller.
    Reports: Media Matters Head Coordinates With White House, Builds Super PAC | Fox News

For those of you that dismiss the White House and the media lovegasm, read the link.

Brock is an hypocritical asshat, to paraphrase a noted local celebrity.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

GM
    What a surprise, right? Do as I say, not as I do
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

It is like so many in Hollywood and with our politicians. No one should have a gun except my own personal body guard of course. Sigh!
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Well, when they assign Seal Team 6 to follow me around 24/7, I'll leave my own gun(s) at home.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

In the famous words of one U.S.Marine:"Surprise,Surprise,Surprise!"

Not surprised at all....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    Any more hypocritical than gun shows whose promoters and sponsors blather endlessly about gun rights whilst hosting the event in a posted gunbuster venue and searching patrons upon entry?
    The Columbus Gun Show
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Any more hypocritical than gun shows whose promoters and sponsors blather endlessly about gun rights whilst hosting the event in a posted gunbuster venue and searching patrons upon entry?
    The Columbus Gun Show
    Hypocrisy works both ways....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Do as I say, not as I do.

Like the good book says, there is nothing new under the sun.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Hypocrisy works both ways....
    Absolutely. Depending upon which way it is working, the bogeyman is either infringing upon the rights of otherwise law-abiding citizens, or responsibly enacting/enforcing sensible safeguards for the benefit of that same citizenry. The truth invariably lies somewhere between the extremes of opposite, yet equally-self-serving agendas.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Actually, reading the article gives the impression that Brock knew his aide was carrying a gun illegally, but offers no proof. It's entirely possible that he had no knowledge of it. Not defending him, just saying!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links