G.O.A. email regarding United Nations Arms

This is a discussion on G.O.A. email regarding United Nations Arms within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; February 14, 2012 Gun Owners of America Huge Issue Looming Under the Surface of Presidential Politics Dear Friend of the Second Amendment, While most people ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: G.O.A. email regarding United Nations Arms

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar

G.O.A. email regarding United Nations Arms

February 14, 2012

Gun Owners of America

Huge Issue Looming Under the Surface of Presidential Politics

Dear Friend of the Second Amendment,

While most people would rate the economy and jobs as the most important issues in the 2012 Presidential campaign, another issue of overwhelming importance would be the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.

Many Americans have never heard of this treaty. But President Obama and Hillary Clinton reversed the position of President Bush and are pushing a UN treaty that could ban large classes of firearms (such as semi-automatic firearms) and license everything else.
    In secretive, behind-closed-door meetings, the UN committee charged with drafting the Arms Trade Treaty language has covered lots of ground. From deciding how to force the US to reduce its military strength, to deciding if every American should give up our guns, these folks have every intention of weakening our ability to protect our nation.

If this treaty were to be ratified by the United States Senate, every American citizen's Second Amendment rights would be threatened by the United Nations. If that doesn't scare every freedom-loving American, nothing will!

This is one of the biggest reasons why Gun Owners of America believes the most important elections in 2012 after the Presidential race are in the United States Senate, where we must take the gavel away from left-wing dictator Senator Harry Reid.

There is only one Republican candidate running for President who has not committed to reversing the Obama/Clinton position on the Arms Trade Treaty -- Mitt Romney.

While every other candidate still in the running for the Republican Presidential nomination has said they would oppose this treaty, Mitt Romney has refused to state his position, refusing to answer the Gun Owners of America questionnaire on this and many other gun-related issues.

Many in the media have tried to coronate Mitt Romney as the eventual nominee, but we think the nomination is still up for grabs. This is why we want to get every Republican on record.

There is too much at stake to allow Mitt Romney a "pass" on this issue. With the field getting smaller--we need an answer from Romney.

Gun Owners of America is asking every person who reads this alert to contact the Romney campaign and ask why he is ducking our Questionnaire, especially on the question of the UN Arms Trade Treaty.

You can email the Romney headquarters at info@mittromney.com, or call 857-288-3500. Let him know what you think and tell him you would like an answer.

Time is running out. It's time to get EVERY candidate to answer the tough questions. Stop dodging, Mitt . . . start answering.

Sincerely,

Tim Macy
    Vice Chairman

PS Of the four Republican candidates remaining in the race, only Mitt Romney has refused to take a stand on important issues such as opposing a UN gun control treaty. Please contact the Romney campaign at info@mittromney.com, or call 857-288-3500 and urge him to return the Gun Owners of America Presidential Questionnaire.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Remove Ads

From Reid v Covert 354 U.S. 1 (1957) Mr. Justice Black writing for the majority:
    Article VI, the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution, declares:

"This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; . . . ."

There is nothing in this language which intimates that treaties and laws enacted pursuant to them do not have to comply with the provisions of the Constitution. Nor is there anything in the debates which accompanied the drafting and ratification of the Constitution which even suggests such a result. These debates as well as the history that surrounds the adoption of the treaty provision in Article VI make it clear that the reason treaties were not limited to those made in "pursuance" of the Constitution was so that agreements made by the United States under the Articles of Confederation, including the important peace treaties which concluded the Revolutionary [354 U.S. 1, 17] War, would remain in effect. 31 It would be manifestly contrary to the objectives of those who created the Constitution, as well as those who were responsible for the Bill of Rights - let alone alien to our entire constitutional history and tradition - to construe Article VI as permitting the United States to exercise power under an international agreement without observing constitutional prohibitions. 32 In effect, such construction would permit amendment of that document in a manner not sanctioned by Article V. The prohibitions of the Constitution were designed to apply to all branches of the National Government and they cannot be nullified by the Executive or by the Executive and the Senate combined.
    There is nothing new or unique about what we say here. This Court has regularly and uniformly recognized the supremacy of the Constitution over a treaty.
    Sig 210 and JCabranes like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

"You can have my conspiracy theory and fear mongering when you pry them from my cold, dead brain"

Ain't but a thing. Won't stand up in court like the gentleman stated above. I don't lose sleep over stuff that ain't going to happen

The GOA keeps cranking this rubbish out.

First of all, there are 57 Senators who have either written collectively or individually to Obama stating they oppose this and will NOT give their consent. This Treaty has no chance getting past the Senate.

I wrote about this back in September 2011 here

With an update here.

Chris

When George Soros says he would be fine with either Obama or Romney, that should cause all of us a lot of concern.

I've preached this time and time again, from the mountain tops to the ghettos. The only way for the liberals to get guns out of the hands of law abiding americans, is with a U.N. Treaty. A U.N. Treaty thrumps the U.S. Constitution, federal law and state law, period. Do some research if you don't believe me.

Do some research on the millions of acres of public land that has the U.N. flag flying under Old Glory, and what it means! We're headed for a one world global government.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    I've preached this time and time again, from the mountain tops to the ghettos. The only way for the liberals to get guns out of the hands of law abiding americans, is with a U.N. Treaty. A U.N. Treaty thrumps the U.S. Constitution, federal law and state law, period. Do some research if you don't believe me.

Do some research on the millions of acres of public land that has the U.N. flag flying under Old Glory, and what it means! We're headed for a one world global government.
    Enlighten us. Show us the documentation/US law that allows a UN treaty to override the Constitution

Hummm. For this to be true, we must have had at least 4, possibly 5 amendments to the Constitution. I wonder how I might have missed these amendments.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Varmiter View Post
    The GOA keeps cranking this rubbish out.

First of all, there are 57 Senators who have either written collectively or individually to Obama stating they oppose this and will NOT give their consent. This Treaty has no chance getting past the Senate.

I wrote about this back in September 2011 here

With an update here.

Chris
    We have a winner....

Now for all of you that think the U.N. will come into the U.S. and take our guns....Take a deep breath, and think about 300 million guns coming at you..Would you want to try that task on for size....Use your tin foil for baking chicken....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    A U.N. Treaty thrumps the U.S. Constitution, federal law and state law, period.
    Where do you people come up with this stuff?

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    From Reid v Covert 354 U.S. 1 (1957) Mr. Justice Black writing for the majority:
    Thank you for saving me the trouble...
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    We have a winner....

Now for all of you that think the U.N. will come into the U.S. and take our guns....Take a deep breath, and think about 300 million guns coming at you..Would you want to try that task on for size....Use your tin foil for baking chicken....
    I would love to openly say what my reaction to a gun grab would be but I don't feel like getting snitched out again and jammed up.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

It's worse than that. The UN has taken over the FEMA camps. They have brought in an international retinue of voluptuous sex starved female guards.
    torgo1968 likes this.

mel
    Quote Originally Posted by pir8fan View Post
    When George Soros says he would be fine with either Obama or Romney, that should cause all of us a lot of concern.
    Ain't that the truth. I just want our country back.

VIP Member
    I say let the UN try and take them. To quote a member of this board: "It would be like blue helmet whack a mole."
    shooterX, msgt/ret and oakchas like this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links