Marine says NO!

This is a discussion on Marine says NO! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Marine refuses plea in NY gun case OORAH he may just be the hero to shoot down the illegal NY gun laws! :up:...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Marine says NO!

Thumbs up Marine says NO!

Marine refuses plea in NY gun case
    OORAH he may just be the hero to shoot down the illegal NY gun laws! :up:
    Badey and The Old Anglo like this.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Illegal NY gun laws?

VIP Member
    Unfortunately, at present, NY's laws, while certainly Draconian, are not illegal. With luck, this case will get to define them as illegal (unconstitutional), but they are not presently.
    Toorop likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Illegal NY gun laws?
    I think he meant unconstitutional.

At this point, I am thinking we just cut our losses and consider selling New York City back to the Native Americans for a handful of wampum.

That or release about 10,000 screaming Marines on the city and see if maybe they can change their stupid gun laws.

Either works just fine for this Texas.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

VIP Member
    What did they mean by registered? Where is the registration? He should not have gone to the Empire State building while carrying. If he was there for work I agree he needed to protect himself and the $15,000.00 in jewelry. Once you go site seeing that changes the situation.
    Another story from a rag mag.

Quote Originally Posted by lordofwyr View Post
    At this point, I am thinking we just cut our losses and consider selling New York City back to the Native Americans for a handful of wampum.

That or release about 10,000 screaming Marines on the city and see if maybe they can change their stupid gun laws.

Either works just fine for this Texas.
    Where do I sign up?
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

VIP Member
    They do have stupid gun laws there. No reason for me to ever go there.
    genauwiedu likes this.

Jerome screwed up.

"Before coming to New York, Jerome had looked at a website that described which states he could legally bring his gun to -- but was confused by how the columns were formatted on his screen and sincerely believed that his Indiana license was sufficient here."

Ignorance is no excuse. I realize his mistake was unintentional but you shouldn't "be confused" when it comes to carrying a gun around. Especially the Empire State building. Come on man...use your head or ask someone.
    Toorop and rammerjammer like this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Jerome screwed up.

"Before coming to New York, Jerome had looked at a website that described which states he could legally bring his gun to -- but was confused by how the columns were formatted on his screen and sincerely believed that his Indiana license was sufficient here."

Ignorance is no excuse. I realize his mistake was unintentional but you shouldn't "be confused" when it comes to carrying a gun around. Especially the Empire State building. Come on man...use your head or ask someone.
    Or he could have violated posted rules and not declared his gun, once he had made his delivery what prey tell was he supposed to do with his gun?

Option 1 leave post haste.
    Option 2 retreat to a close by gun friendly state, drop off gun and return for the tour.

None of these are realistic options PERIOD, and thanks for the correction, unconstitutional draconian NY gun laws, hence illegal gun laws, are only good until challenged in a proper venue.

We the people of the US trusted this Marine with far more dangerous weapons than a hand gun, and now NY has seen fit to charge him as a common criminal for nohthing more henious than wanting to stay alive in the murder rape capital of the NE. Go after the true criminal like Bloomburg.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

I wish him luck. Although stupidity is no excuse in violating this stupid law.

I wonder if bloomturds army of private security has to declare their weapons.... oh wait, he is a king not a peasant and lives by a different set of rules.
    Toorop likes this.

I have served as a Police Officer in the Commonwealth of Virginia for over 17 years and I could never be a Cop in a Place like Libtard New York City. No way are any of their gun laws Constitutional.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    Or he could have violated posted rules and not declared his gun, once he had made his delivery what prey tell was he supposed to do with his gun?

Option 1 leave post haste.
    Option 2 retreat to a close by gun friendly state, drop off gun and return for the tour.

None of these are realistic options PERIOD, and thanks for the correction, unconstitutional draconian NY gun laws, hence illegal gun laws, are only good until challenged in a proper venue.

We the people of the US trusted this Marine with far more dangerous weapons than a hand gun, and now NY has seen fit to charge him as a common criminal for nohthing more henious than wanting to stay alive in the murder rape capital of the NE. Go after the true criminal like Bloomburg.
    Just because he was a marine doesnt mean he is above the law. Sorry, but he messed up. Ignorance is not a good defense....
    Sig35seven and Toorop like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

JD
    Administrator
    What everyone has to remember, is that as of now, it has been ruled by SCOTUS that states can apply "reasonable" restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms, and that they have not yet declared that we have a constitutional right to carry those arms concealed.

Many states have permit systems that prohibit out of staters or enters reciprocity agreements with select few other states. If this were a state that had a permit system, but did not honor the IN permit, and this guy carried there and got busted would we be singing the same tune? If I carried in MN with my IA permit, I would be doing so illegally. Where is the outrage against MN?

He carried in a state that does not honor his permit. Illegally, which is within the parameters of SCOTUS rulings regarding the right to keep and bear arms. PERIOD.

As for "We the people of the US trusted this Marine with far more dangerous weapons than a hand gun" I get sick and tired of seeing this argument. We the people of the US trust Marines with far more dangerous weapons than a handgun...when on the range, and in theater. Stateside we weren't trusted with a knife greater than 3" in a barracks room or a glass bottle of orange juice for that matter. Where's the outrage over that?

Are NY gun laws "wrong"? Yes, but claiming ignorance of those laws as a defense is just as wrong.

I can't see how pleading not guilty of this when he clearly was is going to pan out in his favor...

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    As for "We the people of the US trusted this Marine with far more dangerous weapons than a hand gun" I get sick and tired of seeing this argument. We the people of the US trust Marines with far more dangerous weapons than a handgun...when on the range, and in theater. Stateside we weren't trusted with a knife greater than 3" in a barracks room or a glass bottle of orange juice for that matter. Where's the outrage over that?

Are NY gun laws "wrong"? Yes, but claiming ignorance of those laws as a defense is just as wrong.

I can't see how pleading not guilty of this when he clearly was is going to pan out in his favor...
    That is an excellent point in bold. And I agree as we all do the law is wrong but it is a law. But he got a deal which they don't offer everybody. He should have taken it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links