Anti-2A Hypocrisy

Anti-2A Hypocrisy

This is a discussion on Anti-2A Hypocrisy within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Am I the only one who sees an inherent hypocrisy with the anti-gun folks? These are the people who scream about getting guns out of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Anti-2A Hypocrisy

Anti-2A Hypocrisy

Am I the only one who sees an inherent hypocrisy with the anti-gun folks? These are the people who scream about getting guns out of our hands, as if guns are the actual problem, yet take no issue with the military and police utilizing guns to keep THEM safe when necessary. It reminds me of that old quote about "rough and ready men and their guns" making things right. These antis have no problem with the guns in "approved" hands, used to keep them safe from molesters, rapists, burglars, serial killers, and mass murderers...but the rest of us are "unqualified".

My problem with their premise stems from the "gun" issue to begin with. Obviously, "guns" aren't the problem--they've made that clear with their "only in the hands of approved and trained cadres" argument. Guns are great, as long as they protect our freedoms--via the police and the military. But us "regular Joes"--we don't really need them!

But I would guess, that if the nightmare scenario occurred to one of them (say, a home invader with rape, torture, and murder on his mind), they would fervently wish that, say, someone like one of us on this forum with our "gun nut", "paranoid" mentality were there with our guns to ventilate the Bad Guys on their behalf!

What makes me angriest is this: If you don't wish to utilize your 2nd Amendment rights...then don't! But why are you so hot to take my freedom to utilize this one right (not privilege; right) completely away? Then smugly know that "rough and ready men" with guns will come around to make you safe from men like me should I attack you for your efforts to do away with my Constitutional right?

Seems to me, it would be like me smacking one of my kids for smacking the other kid...then saying, "Don't do that!"

Quote Originally Posted by hrufrdr1 View Post
    Am I the only one who sees an inherent hypocrisy with the anti-gun folks?
    In a word, NO.

Hypocrisy runs rampant among the anti-gunners, as do distortions, blatant mistruths, and fallacious logic of the "have you stopped beating your wife yet" kind.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

VIP Member
    I see ignorance, hysteria, and flawed logic on both sides of the debate...and yes, hypocrisy. Is one side worse than the other? Hard to say.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I see ignorance, hysteria, and flawed logic on both sides of the debate...and yes, hypocrisy.
    Indeed.

For a long time the anti-gunners have made up "statistics" distorted the facts and told outright lies in order to further their cause. Very sadly, beginning a few years ago pro-gun organizations started distorting the facts and telling outright lies.

About two weeks after Obama was elected a friend told me the US congress had passed legislation "taking away our guns" and Obama was going to sign it. i corrected my friend: He said an OK state trooper told him that. Told him tell the trooper he was wrong. Its a sad thing when pro-gun organizations pander to the uninformed, the conspiracy theorists and the TEOTWAWKI bunch.

Am I the only one who sees an inherent hypocrisy with the anti-gun folks? These are the people who scream about getting guns out of our hands, as if guns are the actual problem, yet take no issue with the military and police utilizing guns to keep THEM safe when necessary
    No you are not. The hypocrisy of the antis and the "someone else take care of me" mentality of the weak are obvious to any thinking person. You are going to be singing to the choir here on this one.

Rosie O'Donell is one of them as she hires bodyguards armed to protect her and her wife.

Anti-gun= Do as I say, not as I do. You are a little person who does not know any better. A slave to the state. Unless of course you are one of the privileged few.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by cbp210 View Post
    Rosie O'Donell is one of them as she hires bodyguards armed to protect her and her wife.
    Don't forget Ronald Reagan (excuse me while I spit) and his hatred of our 2nd Amendment freedom. He is evil in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Don't forget Ronald Reagan (excuse me while I spit) and his hatred of our 2nd Amendment freedom. He is evil in my book.
    While acting as POTUS, Reagan had very little involvement with 2A legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I see ignorance, hysteria, and flawed logic on both sides of the debate...and yes, hypocrisy. Is one side worse than the other? Hard to say.
    Excellent observation...

I really hate the anti's with their "Guns Kill" bumper stickers...I've left my gun sitting in the middle of a group of people, and it did nothing...

Yet pro-2A groups have "Guns Save Lives" stickers....I have never once heard of a gun saving a life...

To save a life...or take a life...the gun needs a human...

Humans save lives (sometimes with a gun) and humans kill (sometimes with a gun)...

Don't attack the tool...and don't glorify the tool...
    Toorop likes this.
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Nilloc View Post
    While acting as POTUS, Reagan had very little involvement with 2A legislation.
    How so? He banned machine guns? And what about his destruction of freedom and liberty in California and their RKBA? Sorry but the man was not for the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveJay View Post
    Excellent observation...

I really hate the anti's with their "Guns Kill" bumper stickers...I've left my gun sitting in the middle of a group of people, and it did nothing...

Yet pro-2A groups have "Guns Save Lives" stickers....I have never once heard of a gun saving a life...

To save a life...or take a life...the gun needs a human...

Humans save lives (sometimes with a gun) and humans kill (sometimes with a gun)...

Don't attack the tool...and don't glorify the tool...
    I definitely agree. It is the person behind the gun not the gun itself.

Reagan (poster child of the right wing) probably did more to hurt our 2a rights than any other President and was a strong proponent of the 'Brady bill'. Yet how interesting it is that everyone blames Obama for taking away our gun rights when the reality is he has done NOTHING of the sort.
    Toorop likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Reagan (poster child of the right wing) probably did more to hurt our 2a rights than any other President and was a strong proponent of the 'Brady bill'. Yet how interesting it is that everyone blames Obama for taking away our gun rights when the reality is he has done NOTHING of the sort.
    He actually expanded them more than any POTUS in recent times with his allowing us to carry into national parks. But the NRA won't forgive him for it. The only candidate I think who has a better record right now is Ron Paul.
    Pistology likes this.

VIP Member
    The antis want to restrict step by step until we have no guns like contemporary Great Britain. Pro-2A wants traditional enjoyment with a need to revisit continually the wisdom of our founders who declared independence from Great Britain.
    I wake up in the morning and go to bed at night with no doubt of the light of liberty in this world. If we can save it from the undeserving.
    It was a minority of colonists who took arms against Great Britain during the costly War of American Independence. Popular puffery won't stand up to traditional American values won by the blood of patriots. If only a minority, keep the faith.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links