Anti-gun celebrities - Page 2

Anti-gun celebrities

This is a discussion on Anti-gun celebrities within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Funny how many of them don't mind making movies with guns since it nets them some cash. It just further illustrates their hypocrisy. It's OK ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Anti-gun celebrities

VIP Member
    Funny how many of them don't mind making movies with guns since it nets them some cash. It just further illustrates their hypocrisy. It's OK when they say it's OK, but otherwise it's not.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Bob Lee Swagger doesn't like guns?
    Iirc isn't he a felon?

Btw Was watching the police academy movies the other day and just found out that the extremely hot lady from the police academy movies is pro gun she lists on her imb account that she's an NRA member. She's the blond with the very.........long legs.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by wburychka View Post
    If you're on the Guns and Ammo email list, you've seen this. Otherwise, here is a G&A online story about eight surprising anti-gunners. These have seen the last of my movie/DVD/CD/PPV/iTunes money, plus anytime their names come up in conversation, they'll get a "did you know?" from me:

Sylvester Stallone
    Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Sean Connery
    Dany DeVito
    Mark Wahlberg
    Matt Damon
    Kevin Bacon
    Shania Twain

8 Surprising Anti-Gun Celebrities - Guns & Ammo
    Most anti-gun celebrities have no clue. Some have also had charges brought against them for having a weapon. Hollywood is not here nor in the rest of America. Something to be realized. Also....don't place your faith in movie stars or give them more power than they have now to dictate anyone else' life. Celebrities won't save you....your mind is concerned with things that don't matter. Drug use seems to be common with many celebrities. Are these the folks you want to look up to when it comes to opinions? Not to mention most of them are filthy rich. Who do you want to listen to?

I've had a little -- very little -- experience with the Hollywood crowd, so when I choose not to help pay the wages of certain stars I've done so at my own professional expense. The anti-gun stars that preach the loudest are clouded somewhat by ignorance, but their main vice is self-ambition. I can choose to overlook the beliefs of those whose political leanings are different than mine, but why patronize those who are actively working to take away the very freedoms you cherish? It's a cultural war. Know thy enemy.
    Pistology likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I don't give a hoot about celeberties political views. If a film comes out I'll see it if I like it. I am not going to go down the entire cast list to figure out if some actress, actor, producer, writer, best boy, hairstylist, grip or what ever personally fits my political leanings. Now, I do admit Hanoi Jane would be an exception because she activly travelled to Vietnam and used POW's as props for her agenda. Michael Moore I wouldn't see his documentaries because that is what they are. Not fiction movies. If I went by other issues besides the 2nd A I would never watch a TV show or a movie.
    Im in this camp, I really do not care..They have a right to there opinion, even if I do not agree with them....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Arnold is on the OP's list and sdprof's pro-gun list. But the list is old--the Hager twins have been dead awhile--so I guess Arnold changed his tune to get elected in CA.
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd taken better care of myself when I was younger

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    And look at the picture of him in the G&A article. Holding a stainless 1911, and incorrectly at that!
    What is he doing holding a 1911? Isn't he a convicted felon? If so, he shouldn't be near a gun unless he is handling a gun for a movie role.
    Cleandean likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Iirc isn't he a felon?

Btw Was watching the police academy movies the other day and just found out that the extremely hot lady from the police academy movies is pro gun she lists on her imb account that she's an NRA member. She's the blond with the very.........long legs.
    Leslie Easterbrooke who played Sgt./LT Callahan.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Storm View Post
    Leslie Easterbrooke who played Sgt./LT Callahan.
    Yep that's her....... Who wants to rescue ME!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I don't give a hoot about celeberties political views. If a film comes out I'll see it if I like it. I am not going to go down the entire cast list to figure out if some actress, actor, producer, writer, best boy, hairstylist, grip or what ever personally fits my political leanings. Now, I do admit Hanoi Jane would be an exception because she activly travelled to Vietnam and used POW's as props for her agenda. Michael Moore I wouldn't see his documentaries because that is what they are. Not fiction movies. If I went by other issues besides the 2nd A I would never watch a TV show or a movie.
    I agree. Actors are artists; artists are eccentric. There are only so many Jon Voight films out there (but if I were forced to only watch one movie for the rest of my life, it might be Heat). I like movies, so I go to be entertained.

Matt Damon has been in a ton of really good movies. Arnold and Sly made dozens of classic action films. Mark Wahlberg starred in Boogie Nights, which is one of the greatest American films ever made (yes, I realize about 2% of this site would even watch BN, but it was a masterpiece). Kevin Bacon was in Animal House, which is one of the best comedies ever.

Well, I guess the point is, guns aren't really on my mind all the time.
    suntzu likes this.

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    I watch movies and listen to music to be entertained. Beyond that, I'm really not interested in the soft, fruits and nuts mentality of the stars. Most of them seem flaky with over inflated egos. Shut up and act or sing but stop preaching!
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Add Ronald Reagan to that list even though he has passed.

And the Catholic Church has spoken out against firearms ownership.
    Sig 210 likes this.

And look at the picture of him in the G&A article. Holding a stainless 1911, and incorrectly at that!
    Mark Wahlburg aka Markie mark (whatever) had a colorfull past after the birthdate of 18. AND YES HE IS A CONVICTED FELON , AGGRIVATED ASSAULT. NO WONDER = ANTI GUN DUH, HE'S NOT ALLOWED TO OWN ANY.

Who cares what they think?

Illuminati puppet's will say what their told to say!

RugerLCP for EDC
    CWFL Florida
    NRA member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links