Anti-gun celebrities

Anti-gun celebrities

This is a discussion on Anti-gun celebrities within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If you're on the Guns and Ammo email list, you've seen this. Otherwise, here is a G&A online story about eight surprising anti-gunners. These have ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Anti-gun celebrities

Anti-gun celebrities

If you're on the Guns and Ammo email list, you've seen this. Otherwise, here is a G&A online story about eight surprising anti-gunners. These have seen the last of my movie/DVD/CD/PPV/iTunes money, plus anytime their names come up in conversation, they'll get a "did you know?" from me:

Sylvester Stallone
    Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Sean Connery
    Dany DeVito
    Mark Wahlberg
    Matt Damon
    Kevin Bacon
    Shania Twain

8 Surprising Anti-Gun Celebrities - Guns & Ammo
    Bill
    "If I were the Devil, I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious."-Paul Harvey, 1964

Thanks for posting this. I always encourage my friends not to go to movies or rent DVDs featuring "stars" who espouse views contrary to American traditional values. For me, that includes but is not limited to Second Amendment rights. My wife once brought home a DVD with a well-known looney as the star and I had her take it back to the video rental store (back when there were video rental stores.) I'm amazed what the average person doesn't know about the celebrities our culture worships. Matt Damon probably heads my list as a very deceptive individual and I'm not surprised by Marky Mark. There is tremendous pressure in Hollywood to be part of the cool, politically-correct crowd and Damon, Marky Mark and others are not people of substance, they are simply insecure poseurs succumbing to peer pressure. In other words, they've never left high school.

Quote Originally Posted by lazytl View Post
    ... I'm not surprised by Marky Mark. There is tremendous pressure in Hollywood to be part of the cool, politically-correct crowd and Damon, Marky Mark and others are not people of substance, they are simply insecure poseurs succumbing to peer pressure. In other words, they've never left high school.
    And look at the picture of him in the G&A article. Holding a stainless 1911, and incorrectly at that!
    Bill
    "If I were the Devil, I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious."-Paul Harvey, 1964

Wonder how many body guards they employ ,,,,, never listen
    to anyone who speaks gun control ,,,, but hires protection
    that uses guns,,,, laughable idiots.
    DC, sid1, Orangeman and 8 others like this.

VIP Member
    Sylvester Stallone ,,,,,, Should be ashamed of himself.
    Arnold Schwarzenegger,,,,, should be ashamed of himself.
    Sean Connery,,,,,,,,,,,,,, [B]Should be ashamed of himself.
    Dany DeVito ,,,,,,,,,,,, No suprise
    Mark Wahlberg,,,,,,,,,,, Should be ashamed of himself.
    Matt Damon,,,,,,,,,,,,,, No suprise
    Kevin Bacon,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No suprise
    Shania Twain,,,,,,,,,,, No suprise

I think the Gun mags should list the people in Hollywood/Sports/Singers who are firearms/2Amendment supporters and shooters/hunters etc.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I don't give a hoot about celeberties political views. If a film comes out I'll see it if I like it. I am not going to go down the entire cast list to figure out if some actress, actor, producer, writer, best boy, hairstylist, grip or what ever personally fits my political leanings. Now, I do admit Hanoi Jane would be an exception because she activly travelled to Vietnam and used POW's as props for her agenda. Michael Moore I wouldn't see his documentaries because that is what they are. Not fiction movies. If I went by other issues besides the 2nd A I would never watch a TV show or a movie.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    celebraties for the being famous started (i think) with the Rat Pack.
    but those guy's came out of WWll and were very gun savy.

check out you tube sammy davis jr 'fast gun'
    --pretty slick, yes?

todays famous....i wish would for the most part just go away
    or shut-up with their unfounded idiot feel good opnions
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Wealthy idiots...nothing more!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    I detest the two Matts because they made their fortune running around in hand with that which they purport to despise.
    multistage likes this.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

VIP Member
    Bob Lee Swagger doesn't like guns?
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    One oscar-winner I spent some time with told me that since the profession of acting is "little more than being able to lie convincingly", he found it hard to not fool himself in his daily life. I have met a bunch of "hollywood types", and don't hold them in high regard, although a small few are decent people and don't follow the herd.

My cousin works in the movies. He is in the credits somewhere having to do with cameras. He has met some big name actors and says most of the peons that work on the set don't pay them much mind. They are pretty full of themselves and he believes they really think they are above the rest of us.
    But again, if boycotted shows and movies and entertainment based on the cast I would be stuck in my house watching Planet of the Apes and the Ten Commandments and listening to Cat Scratch Fever Wang Dang Sweet PoonTang (Ted Nugent)
    atctimmy and thephanatik like this.

VIP Member
    It is too bad they don't just do their jobs. Why do they always have to throw in their two cents worth of politics. Many sheeple believe these celebrities and it can influence more. I don't spend any money going to the movies, it is way to expensive for an hour or two of entertainment.

Here's a somewhat dated list of organizations, companies, and individuals with anti-gun leanings.
    Anti-gun Companies, Organizations, Media And Celebrities - Gun Owners Of America

Here's a list of some who are reputed to be pro-gun
    Pro gun celebrities - TheFirearmsForum.Com
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Ex Member
    I never been a big fan of "let's see what celebrities think so I can think like them." I make my own decisions.
    oakchas and joker1 like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links