Bristol Ranges in Kenosha WI say no CC allowed

This is a discussion on Bristol Ranges in Kenosha WI say no CC allowed within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey folks, I saw this in Bristol Range website... Is this usual at ranges? **************** Concealed Carry and open carry firearms are not allowed on ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SFury

Thread: Bristol Ranges in Kenosha WI say no CC allowed

Hey folks, I saw this in Bristol Range website... Is this usual at ranges?

Concealed Carry and open carry firearms are not allowed on CCKC!

At the August 8, 2011 Board of Directors meeting, the board determined that concealed carry or open carry firearms will not be allowed on the ranges.

This decision was made with operational safety being the primary concern. The board determined that the Rifle/Pistol Range could not be safely closed to go downrange for target changes if loaded firearms were still on the line. The board also determined that it did not want concealed permit holders practicing from the draw during normal hours of operation as it can be dangerous for adjacent shooters on the line.

This decision does not impact the use of holsters for possible special events and training programs or during Action Pistol, Action Steel, Cowboy, or Urban Action Matches!

Here is their website: http://www.bristolranges.com
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

VIP Member
    They can do what they want .. My club allows permit holders to carry. but not in the bar at the club. So when done with the shoot if we decide to have a beer we lock up our firearms in our safes in our trucks. come out and join out club. we would love to have you join up!!!!

I like to drive up to our range pull out my carry gun and shoot with out a range bag!!!!!!! The put it back in the holster.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    They can do what they want .. My club allows permit holders to carry. but not in the bar at the club. So when done with the shoot if we decide to have a beer we lock up our firearms in our safes in our trucks. come out and join out club. we would love to have you join up!!!!

I like to drive up to our range pull out my carry gun and shoot with out a range bag!!!!!!! The put it back in the holster.
    That's ironic, the one place where you can shoot is the place where they say you can't carry... Just for that I am canceling my membership!

Thanks for the invite to your range...
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

What has me is they are also banning OC. I'm not certain how that will work. When you are on the line, you are OCing after all...

Do they not want people to shoot? Maybe it's a conspiracy to get dues without having to maintain the range.

If things are potentially not safe, do they not have a range officer or two there when it is open?

They do have them...They have always been a little different at this range... They do not allow full magazines either...

-James Earl Jones

Quote Originally Posted by 1911_Kimber View Post
    . They do not allow full magazines either...

WHAT?!

Man, it sounds like a range that does not want, nor deserve, my business.
    atctimmy likes this.

They do not allow full magazines either...
    Yes! I've read on their site that they only allow you to single load your AR's. It was stated that if you needed to "test magazine function" with more rounds you had to run it by the Range officer. Between the no CC and single loading I have not and will not give them my buisness.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Wow this range sounds like a real winner! I can't believe that anyone would ever want to waste the fuel driving there much less actually participating in any shooting at that place.

This is from their website at the bottom and it makes NO sense at all. Who is running this place? The government? That is about what it sounds like.....

Concealed Carry and open carry firearms are not allowed on CCKC!

At the August 8, 2011 Board of Directors meeting, the board determined that concealed carry or open carry firearms will not be allowed on the ranges.

This decision was made with operational safety being the primary concern. The board determined that the Rifle/Pistol Range could not be safely closed to go downrange for target changes if loaded firearms were still on the line. The board also determined that it did not want concealed permit holders practicing from the draw during normal hours of operation as it can be dangerous for adjacent shooters on the line.

This decision does not impact the use of holsters for possible special events and training programs or during Action Pistol, Action Steel, Cowboy, or Urban Action Matches!
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

It makes me think of the UK shooting competitors who have to live in another nation to practice. Without some sort of special dispensation otherwise.

It's too bad they operate like that... It's a nice range...

-James Earl Jones

It's too bad they operate like that... It's a nice range...
    This is typical Kenosha politics at it's best.They don't need or want your business

Links