Illinois House Executive Committee Passes Ammo Tax and Handgun Registery Bills

This is a discussion on Illinois House Executive Committee Passes Ammo Tax and Handgun Registery Bills within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Stubborn Well, if you don't like it you can climb into your time machine and go back to 1937 and change it. ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Illinois House Executive Committee Passes Ammo Tax and Handgun Registery Bills

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    Well, if you don't like it you can climb into your time machine and go back to 1937 and change it.
    It isn't mandatory, if you don't want to pay the tax, then simply don't buy guns and ammunition, fishing and hunting and camping equiptment and you won't be forced to pay it.

The Pittman-Robertson Act was the best thing that has ever been done for sportsmen.
    Why should I have my guns taxed so sportsman can go hunt animals? Why don't they start an NGO or charity of sorts and do it themselves instead of mooching off the rest of us productive gun owners. I don't want higher taxes as it is not fair to the rest of us who don't hunt but do enjoy firearms to support the freeloading "sportsman" who are taking our tax dollars.

So I ask again, why don't the sportsman dedicate their time to getting the private sector to pay for it rather than having the big gub'mint impose a tax on us? I could care less if it benefits sportsman, veterans, little children, cancer patients, or whoever as I don't want to pay taxes to support someone else more than I have to. I am trying to get by on my own.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This was Small Government at work back in the '30's, but you're too young to understand that.

And, if you read more that two of my posts here @ DC, you wouldn't dream of referring to me as a liberal, of which I am about the farthest thing from.

If someone would run for POTUS who was cloned in the likeness of Thomas Paine, He'd probably be my Hero.
    That is wonderful.

The fact is that you are imposing taxes on goods so that a select minority can benefit while the rest of us subsidize their lifestyle, even if we disapprove. I have a few gun owning friends who don't support sportsman in any shape or form and are PETA members but shoot regularly. They are forced to support something that goes against their beliefs because sportsman are asking the rest of us to pay for their recreation. What is next, they will want us to pay for contraception? Sorry but do it yourselves and take off the yoke of the federal government and allow the people to be free.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    My Dad always told me..."never argue with an idiot son, they'll pull you down to their level and beat you with experience".
    I rest my case.
    bolocanolo likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    My Dad always told me..."never argue with an idiot son, they'll pull you down to their level and beat you with experience".
    I rest my case.
    I bet not many people argue with you or your father for that matter.

So a big government liberal like you must be overjoyed at what is happening in Illinois. My vote will be the vote that cancels your vote when you vote for Obama. Keep up the hope and change.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Is'nt it funny, as the little guy when you run out of money you work more, maybe get another job. When a state runs out of money it just finds something to tax, that makes you run out of money so you still need to work more maybe get another job.

OK NOT FUNNY!
    msgt/ret likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    Is'nt it funny, as the little guy when you run out of money you work more, maybe get another job. When a state runs out of money it just finds something to tax, that makes you run out of money so you still need to work more maybe get another job.

OK NOT FUNNY!
    Not funny but oh so true.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    What do you expect from the state that gave us Barrack Hussein Obama? Marxist is as Marxist does.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Maybe Illinios can have a "Civil War" and the State of Chicago can be created and leave the rest of Illinois to finally join the United States.
    Only problem would be that the new State of Chicago would then get their own two US Senators (and we don't need more whack Chicago Senators). 'Course, maybe the new State of Illinois would cancel that out with two reasonable Senators?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberpackn View Post
    What do you expect from the state that gave us Barrack Hussein Obama?

Why would Rahm "Rahmbo Dead Fish" Emanuel want to clean up Chicago's mean streets?
    Maybe it's for the big bosses homecoming! (Sunday, January 20, 2013)

I'm gonna party like it's 1999
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post

OK NOT FUNNY!
    Welcome to government?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberpackn View Post
    What do you expect from the state that gave us Barrack Hussein Obama? Marxist is as Marxist does.
    And Ronald "I Hate Freedom and Equality" Reagan.

Senior Moderator
    This one is done. Same old crap.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links