Illinois House Executive Committee Passes Ammo Tax and Handgun Registery Bills

This is a discussion on Illinois House Executive Committee Passes Ammo Tax and Handgun Registery Bills within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Illinois House Executive Committee passed HB5831 and HB5167 Handgun Registry and Ammo Tax 2/29. Illinois House panel approves bills on handgun registration, ammo tax ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Illinois House Executive Committee Passes Ammo Tax and Handgun Registery Bills

Illinois House Executive Committee Passes Ammo Tax and Handgun Registery Bills

The Illinois House Executive Committee passed HB5831 and HB5167 Handgun Registry and Ammo Tax 2/29.

Illinois House panel approves bills on handgun registration, ammo tax - I4U News

2. Remove Ads

I am really beginning to hate my birth state.
    jerp likes this.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Maybe we can fence them off and let Canada have them. They'd fit in a lot better there.
    joker1 and Gforty like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Wow, just wow. I don't feel bad for the citizens that live there. They elected these idiots.

Have they completely lost there marbles? This is incredibly stupid! I knew they were going to vote on this but was sure level minds would prevail! I see why everyone wants out! Real smart Illinois! I'm thinking it's the drinking water, gotta be something in the water!

The ammo tax... It is what it is. The registration part, I don't see that one lasting too long.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

North Dakota - South Dakota
    North Carolina - South Carolina
    Virginia - West Virginia
    North Illinois - South Illinois

As a 38 year Illinois veteran I finally realized the factual adage of, "you can't fix stupid"! So I finally moved to a gun friendly state
    JoJoGunn and stevem174 like this.

Its like the midwestern california except more corrupt!
    Stubborn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    Its like the midwestern california except more corrupt!
    Good one - Like that
    NRA Member
    Ruger LC9
    Taurus PT92 AF
    Mosin-Nagant 91/30 (2)
    If you are going to shoot at Mimes, should you use a silencer?? ( Steven Wright)

This is just amazing to me. 49 states are moving toward gun & civil rights, while IL is moving away from gun & civil rights. Best decision I've made in my life was to get out of that God-forsaken state.

OpJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    North Dakota - South Dakota
    North Carolina - South Carolina
    Virginia - West Virginia
    North Illinois - South Illinois

As a 38 year Illinois veteran I finally realized the factual adage of, "you can't fix stupid"! So I finally moved to a gun friendly state

Said this many times, my wife is a former resident of Illinois. They are surrounded by states that are allowing citizens to have firearms. Wisconsin is the most recent state to allow it's citizens to get concealed carry permits and revamp the Castle Doctrine laws.

Someday when the residents of Illinois grow weary of total control by whack jobs in Chicago, boot them out of office and the entire state, then and only then will this restrictive policy towards firearm ownership cease. I know many people there and they absolutely hate the laws but with the Chicago thugs running things, it is tough.

West Virginia, my home state should actually not be a state. Early on, the Federal Gov't passed law that did not allow territory of an existing state to be carved off to form another. It was due to a little known event with the formation of the State of Franklin around 1785. Some counties in the Territory of TN, some in State of NC and some in State of VA decided to form their own state. It was defeated by one vote in Congress and they changed the law. However, the American Civil War created West Virginia because 45 counties of Virginia did not ceceed from the Union in 1861 and Virginia was not considered a part of the United States until after the War. West Virginia joined the Union June 20,1863 as the 35th state.

Maybe Illinios can have a "Civil War" and the State of Chicago can be created and leave the rest of Illinois to finally join the United States.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    The sponsor disagreed. Rep. Kelly Cassidy, D-Chicago, said there’s nothing unconstitutional about the 2
    percent tax, which would generate money for trauma centers in high-crime areas.
    Registration is the first step to confiscation, period!

I would have NO problem with a 2% ammo tax IF the money were to be used as "Pittman-Robertson" tax dollars are used, to further the outdoor sports.
    I DO have a huge problem with that money being used to subsidize hospitals. (probably privately owned facilities)

We all laugh or shake our heads and call California the "Communist state", but it appears Illinois is trying it's best to garner that title.
    "You can't fix stupid", and the only way to stop corruption is to cut the head off the beast.
    Just my 2 cent opinion.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

We all laugh or shake our heads and call California the "Communist state", but it appears Illinois is trying it's best to garner that title.
    I think they have won the title. Just hasn't been crowned yet in the media.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    Registration is the first step to confiscation, period!

I would have NO problem with a 2% ammo tax IF the money were to be used as "Pittman-Robertson" tax dollars are used, to further the outdoor sports.
    I DO have a huge problem with that money being used to subsidize hospitals. (probably privately owned facilities)

"You can't fix stupid", and the only way to stop corruption is to cut the head off the beast.
    Just my 2 cent opinion.
    On the flip side I don't want my tax dollars to further the outdoor sports. I would rather they went to hospitals. But in all honesty, I would rather just not pay an extra taxes. If people want to pay to further the outdoor sports or hospitals they should elect a congress person that will just raise taxes.

Time for IL residents to take a stand.... take your tax dollars and income and move out of state. Let them rot.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links