Paul Quander, Deputy Mayor for Public Safety and Justice, says...

This is a discussion on Paul Quander, Deputy Mayor for Public Safety and Justice, says... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Apologies if this was already posted, I searched but couldn't find anything. MILLER: D.C.'s crime solution: Be a victim - Washington Times “The problem is, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Paul Quander, Deputy Mayor for Public Safety and Justice, says...

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Apologies if this was already posted, I searched but couldn't find anything.

MILLER: D.C.'s crime solution: Be a victim - Washington Times

“The problem is, if you are armed, it escalates the situation. It is much better, in my opinion, to be scared, to be frightened, and even if you have to be, to be injured, but to walk away and survive. You’ll heal, and you can replace whatever was taken away.” - Paul Quander, Deputy Mayor for Public Safety and Justice, the District of Columbia

It scares me that there are people, people in power, that feel a human being should chance giving up their lives, or receive serious life altering injuries, to support a criminal act. Lesser, that I should willingly hand over my money and possessions to a thief. A thief that is threatening me with a deadly weapon. Or, for the ladies, a man that may want much more than your possessions.

What if it is a kidnapper? Is it that easy to "replace" a wife and child?

I think Mr. Quander needs to do some serious soul searching before he flippantly makes that decision for other people. It's truly amazing the lengths someone can reach out, to support their political ideology.
    surefire7 likes this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Grrrr, blood pressure rising.
    atctimmy likes this.

VIP Member
    Unless his boss has an appointed position, the voters of DC have exactly what they deserve.
    jem102 likes this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Senior Moderator
    DC is a disaster. It's truly beyond hope.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Appeasement serves little purpose with questionable outcomes for weak-minded people. There are too many examples of the failures of said behavior on a individual basis as well as a group basis.
    QKShooter likes this.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Maybe he would like to demonstrate his technique during an attack on him or his family in a real life or death situation. I'd buy a ticket! Of course, he's probably surrounded by armed bodyguards 24/7.
    WHEC724 likes this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Makes me wonder what he is getting out to the deal that makes him want criminals to succeed in their violent escapades...
    Sig 210 likes this.

Unbelievable. Not that he would hold this opinion but that he would say it out loud. Why would the people of the district keep reelecting fools likt this?
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "...but to walk away and survive."

And if only that were the case. Unfortunately, all to often the victim can't walk away afterwards. This fool lives in the past when BGs generally only wanted your money; now they want your money and no witnesses.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Just proves elections matter. The people of DC should mount up and vote in people with solid American values. Sadly, I don't see this happening.
    hazard123 likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    My inlaws live in the DC area, and based on my conversations with them, sheeple are perfectly content being sheeple. When my sister-in-law lived in the district, there was a club on every steering wheel, metal grating on every window, and a lights-out-and-lay-on-the-floor drill whenever the frequent gunshots were heard.
    W9HDG likes this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

mel
    DC is a a hole filled with criminals, white and blue collar. They have to live under government rule that doesn't care about them.

The political elites, the rich and powerful will always make sure they have access to protection from those who would cause them harm.

Above all the negative characteristics of human nature, I despise hypocrisy the most.
    hazard123 likes this.

VIP Member
    Looks like the everyday-garden-variety talking Anal Pore which seems to emanate from
    Disneyland on the Potomac (Washington D.C.)
    Translation;
    useless piece of garbage.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

What he said was just a what the elites consider as the politically correct version of the old saying "I think that if rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it." .

Technically it amounts to saying the same thing and making the same point only without angering any special interest groups.

Michael

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links