Colorado= win some/lose some

This is a discussion on Colorado= win some/lose some within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well your supremes are allowing campus carry...but your legislature wants LEO to be able to confiscate your guns in a declared emergency... and a business ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Colorado= win some/lose some

Well your supremes are allowing campus carry...but your legislature wants LEO to be able to confiscate your guns in a declared emergency... and a business owner can't shoot an intruder like a homeowner can...

Sigh

Here's the story
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Why is it the "officer safety" cry always seems to trump "citizen safety" in these debates?
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Depressing.

If it isn't about US Citizen safety then you have no business being in law enforcement or politics nor do you deserve the respect of the position as far as I am concerned.

VIP Member
    “This says that the Democrats in the Senate don’t believe that citizens should have their guns in times of emergency,”

Sad
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    If it isn't about US Citizen safety then you have no business being in law enforcement or politics nor do you deserve the respect of the position as far as I am concerned.
    What, you want them to uphold the Constitution? That's a brazen thought...
    TX expat likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    “This says that the Democrats in the Senate don’t believe that citizens should have their guns in times of emergency,”

Sad
    I'm sure some of them don't believe we should have them at all. House cleanin' time.

VIP Member
    I wonder who the unlucky sucker is that gets to go collect them. I think they should send the legislators out to do that. It is their law after all.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    Why is it the "officer safety" cry always seems to trump "citizen safety" in these debates?
    Because those in government believe that their rights and the rights of those supporting them in governmental roles are superior to the rights of the rest of us. Not exactly constitutional, but they are getting away with it.
    Dadsnugun likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Waaaayyy too many Californians that transplanted to CO. Trying to remake the state in their image.

Denver PD, looking more and more like the LAPD. I can go on forever on this list....

I was unaware of the seizure laws though. That bothers me greatly. We have 1 or 2 SOEs a year.

Anyone know the Colorado Revised Statute # that is listed under?
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

WE continue to work on a new legislature. Politics starts at ground level.

Since we have a State Senate which is controlled by Democrats and the current Governor of Colorado is a Democrat, this is not a surprise.

We will need to hold majorities in both the State House (Republicans currently do) and the State Senate and replace the current Colorado Governor with a Republican Governor.

Given the recent very spotty performance of the Republican party here in Colorado, that may take a while.

I don't think the Republicans are making ANY headway here. Looks to me like the Democrats are gaining ground. I'm just going to say I sold all my guns at the gun show. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Waaaayyy too many Californians that transplanted to CO. Trying to remake the state in their image.
    Denver PD, looking more and more like the LAPD. I can go on forever on this list....
    I was unaware of the seizure laws though. That bothers me greatly. We have 1 or 2 SOEs a year.
    Anyone know the Colorado Revised Statute # that is listed under?
    Yeah I would like California's slave culture to stay where I left it back in the PRK.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post

Same as "It's for the chiiiillldren".

On the other hand Loveland CO just paid off an OCer for unconstitutional harassment and had to institute an "educational" program to teach their officers not to harass law abiding citizens, and he turned down their $5,000 to keep quiet about it so the story is going around the gun circles out here.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links