Illinois legislature to consider CC again

This is a discussion on Illinois legislature to consider CC again within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The proposal has made it out of committee and will go on to the Illinois House of Representatives for a full vote soon. House Committee ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Illinois legislature to consider CC again

Illinois legislature to consider CC again

The proposal has made it out of committee and will go on to the Illinois House of Representatives for a full vote soon.

House Committee OKs Concealed Carry Proposal « CBS Chicago

Hoping for positive results for residents of IL.

*I apologize for starting this thread in the wrong forum section.* Thanks for relocating it to the proper area.

Edited: Here's the link I meant to add: http://illinois.statehousenewsonline...d-in-illinois/
    Last edited by stancehold; March 9th, 2012 at 01:40 AM.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Here's wishing good luck for them - It would be great if they can get it passed.

Good luck!

Senior Moderator
    I wish them the best...but untill the people of Illinois start voting the opposers out, I dont see it happening.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I won't hold my breath.

The fine print likely says they are voting to allow only government officials to carry.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stancehold View Post
    The proposal has made it out of committee and will go on to the Illinois House of Representatives for a full vote soon.

House Committee OKs Concealed Carry Proposal « CBS Chicago

Hoping for positive results for residents of IL.
    Reading the responses on that story it becomes clear that the anti gun people are solely emotional when it comes to this area. Their "logical arguments" are to spout off rhetoric not backed up by any statistics at all, or to say that we have our stats all wrong with no evidence shown which contradicts it. It is almost futile to try to argue with them.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Hope it will pass

I'm rooting for it!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    Reading the responses on that story it becomes clear that the anti gun people are solely emotional when it comes to this area. Their "logical arguments" are to spout off rhetoric not backed up by any statistics at all, or to say that we have our stats all wrong with no evidence shown which contradicts it. It is almost futile to try to argue with them.
    That's why we have the Supreme Court and decisions like McDonald.

Rev. Michael Pfleger has long sought stricter gun laws in Illinois, saying he’s convinced an armed population would only mean more violence.
    On the whole, in the U.S., gun law's don't reduce violence; and formal respect of gun rights doesn't cause an increase in gun violence. The founders knew to protect the gun rights of citizens. We can't have restrictive gun laws and protection of gun rights under the same Constitution.

“Do I want to wonder who’s got a gun on them and who doesn’t?” he said, “particularly today, where we see guns being used in so much, just (as the) first line of offense.”
    "Who's got a gun on them" is no reason to "wonder" - unless you're a violent criminal trying to size up a mark - in which case an honest citizen needs an effective last line of defense - not a stricter gun law.

The Second Amendment only protects a right to possess a firearm in the home for self-defense, and that wide variety of gun laws are constitutionally permissible,” [Samantha Fields of Mayor Richard M. Daley’s office] said.
    Again, this is why we have the Supreme Court. Before McDonald, Daly's last argument was that 2A had no application to the states - except to give local governments the power to ban guns. Some come kicking and sreaming to the Constitution and BOR.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

If it passes, I expect Chicagoland to be like NYC... except they won't allow copping pleas (for possession of a weapon) , they'll incarcerate every violator in Cook Co. Jail... until Uncle Rahm is elected president. Then, he'll sign an executive order to eliminate the 2nd Amendment.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Illinois....the last safe haven from crazy gun violence in the U.S. (Liberal Democrats actually spew this vile filth as gospel)
    oakchas likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I keeping my fingers crossed and my crossed eye cat on my lap :)
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Illinois....the last safe haven from crazy gun violence in the U.S. (Liberal Democrats actually spew this vile filth as gospel)
    Ain't that the truth! I don't think Chicago even reports to the UCR (FBI). There is a site that keeps track of in town homicides, but I'm not at home so I can't link to it.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Well, it did make it out of Committee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links