I am near speechless!

This is a discussion on I am near speechless! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It is just a bad idea proposed only to make it so hard to sell or buy guns in CA that they are effectively banned ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am near speechless!

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    It is just a bad idea proposed only to make it so hard to sell or buy guns in CA that they are effectively banned without going through the messy illegalities of a ban.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Okay, so they put a tiny stamp on the face of the breech.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

What a bunch of Garbage!

The problem here is that they think the firearm will be acquired by legal means- do they think bad guys go down to their local ffl and fill out forms when they buy a weapon??

The only reason for this is to impede legal citizens from legally purchasing firearms- that's it! they don't trust you and I with weapons- it makes them nervous!

Remember- it's all for our own good!
    -and the check's in the mail,
    -and I won't ...you get the idea!

Steve
    "When only the police are armed, it's called a Police State"... Robert A. Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoFan View Post
    It is just a bad idea proposed only to make it so hard to sell or buy guns in CA that they are effectively banned without going through the messy illegalities of a ban.
    This may have repercusions beyond California. We shouldn't delude ourselves into thinking that firearms manufacturers will refuse to sell guns to California based on 2nd Amendment principles. What is more likely is that firearms manufacturers will not want to give up the California market, and they will tool up and manufacture their parts all the same. This is alread being done with the fired casings that ship with every new handgun. Only a handful of states mandate the fired casings, but the manufacturers ship them with every new handgun to every state.

Automobiles are the same way. California mandates special emissions requirements, but they appear as standard items on every new car sold in the US.

The net effect is that you won't be able to buy a new handgun in the US without these markings, and the mechanism will be in place to put these tracking systems into operation all across the country. This truly is a slippery slope.

There is truth to the rumor that what starts in California usually ends up being felt all over the country.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Administrator
    Interesting that in parts of CA pet owners will also now be required by law to have their dogs spayed, neutered, AND microchip implanted.
    I'm surprised that the dog owners themselves are not yet required to be "tracking chip implanted" to mate them to their respective pets. That's the next move I guess.
    So begins the next extensions of TRACKING the exact whereabouts and actions the "Free" American Citizen.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Perhaps if criminals were not back out on the streets to commit violent acts repeatedly, the problem would be solved without affecting those who decide to carry legally....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Quote Originally Posted by p8riot View Post
    This may have repercusions beyond California. We shouldn't delude ourselves into thinking that firearms manufacturers will refuse to sell guns to California based on 2nd Amendment principles. What is more likely is that firearms manufacturers will not want to give up the California market, and they will tool up and manufacture their parts all the same. This is alread being done with the fired casings that ship with every new handgun. Only a handful of states mandate the fired casings, but the manufacturers ship them with every new handgun to every state.

Automobiles are the same way. California mandates special emissions requirements, but they appear as standard items on every new car sold in the US.

The net effect is that you won't be able to buy a new handgun in the US without these markings, and the mechanism will be in place to put these tracking systems into operation all across the country. This truly is a slippery slope.

There is truth to the rumor that what starts in California usually ends up being felt all over the country.
    Roger that Patriot! Although, We could get lucky and all the manufacturers turn to John Barrett for advice. He pretty much left them high and dry didn't he?

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Roger that Patriot! Although, We could get lucky and all the manufacturers turn to John Barrett for advice. He pretty much left them high and dry didn't he?
    He did, but Barrett markets to a specialty group. The more traditional firearms purchasers are more likely to buy from S&W, Ruger, Glock, and similar mass producers who see California as the biggest market out there, and if they comply with these new requirements can keep their market share. It's business not principle that guides them. I'm not saying that is wrong, it's just good business. You do what you can to keep and expand your market share.

John Barrett stands out as one of the few manufacturers that seem to stand on principle. But It hasn't hurt him that much either.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    I guess what I was trying to point out is that CA is trying to ban guns without passing a ban by making the manufacturing and selling of guns impossibly difficult, not that some chucklehead anti in some other state wouldn't try it also.

From a practical engineering standpoint, you can make a gun that will microengrave something on a casing when fired. But it won't last and can be defeated so easily as to be worthless.

This is s chicken little senario. The sky is falling or perhaps the california politicians fell out of the sky and landed on their heads.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links