As Expected

This is a discussion on As Expected within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ********* ********* Email from the Brady bunch: Reject the George Zimmerman Armed Vigilante Act Stop Trayvon's killer, and more like ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mel

Thread: As Expected

VIP Member

Thumbs down As Expected

Email from the Brady bunch:

Reject the George Zimmerman Armed Vigilante Act

Stop Trayvon's killer, and more like him, from carrying loaded guns in your state.

Dear XYZ,

Armed and dangerous people legally carrying loaded and hidden handguns in your neighborhood. "George Zimmermans" walking the streets of your community. That's the gun lobby's vision of America. But it's not ours.

Just days after the Trayvon Martin tragedy, the gun lobby is working on Capitol Hill to nationalize Florida's dangerous and irresponsible laws. Help us stop this!
    E-mail your U.S. Senators today! "Reject the 'George Zimmerman Armed Vigilante Act'. Oppose S. 2188 and S. 2213."

If your state has tougher, more sensible laws, that would prevent someone like Trayvon Martin's killer who had an arrest record and a violent past from getting a concealed carry permit, tough luck.

These new bills would force your state to honor the concealed carry permits of other states, even states like Florida, with abhorrently low standards.
    Make no mistake, this is the vision of the gun lobby. Guns everywhere, in virtually anyone's hands.

It is up to us, the American people, to flatly reject this vision and stop the George Zimmerman Armed Vigilante Act.

Please take action today and after you've e-mailed, please also forward this message to your family and friends.

Sincerely,

Dan Gross, President
    Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Never let facts stand in the way of a good protest based upon race.

mel
    @DaveH, thanks for the post, it never ceases to amaze me that the "anti's" are so willing to take advantage of a tragedy.

Maybe I am a little bitter, or naive (don't think so), but you do see pro 2nd Amend. people jumping up everytime someone is killed by some scumbag, yelling from the top of their lungs that the person could have been saved if they only had a weapon for personal defense. I would guarantee that there are more innocent people killed in a month by street trash, than there are killed by CCW holders in a year.
    MotorCityGun likes this.

Links