One county in IL approves CC law

This is a discussion on One county in IL approves CC law within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Pike County voters overwhelmingly approve conceal-carry ordinanc - Quincy Herald-Whig | Illinois & Missouri News, Sports And Adams county, next door to Pike, seems to ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sdprof

Thread: One county in IL approves CC law

Thumbs up One county in IL approves CC law

Pike County voters overwhelmingly approve conceal-carry ordinanc - Quincy Herald-Whig | Illinois & Missouri News, Sports

And Adams county, next door to Pike, seems to be moving in that direction as well.
    mrkurt likes this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Good progress! so people in the county can now apply? but can't leave the county concealing? or can they not apply until the entire state allows it?
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    From the article:

"Pittsfield chiropractor Dan Mefford spearheaded the ballot issue which he said had wide support from Democrats, Republicans and independent voters.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a poke in the eye for the thieves of liberty," Mefford said. "It's a thing whose time had come."

^^^^^This is important. ^^^^^ Gilgamesh or Plato or <inset your name here> would understand.

I applaud this bravery by the Pike County Sheriff and the Pike County voters. The first Humans were armed, dangerous, and smart. We should be too. Now for the musical interlude.

Congratulations to the citizens of Pike Co. Maybe someday I'll consider moving back to my home state!

Wow... That is great... If the other counties follow suit this can end up getting the entire state to follow ...

Awesome!
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I'm confused. The article says the voters approved CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY. I'm to understand that means non prohibited persons can carry open or concealed except in prohibited places. But later in the article it mentions LICENSING REQUIREMENTS.

Did I miss something?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Hey Illinois, it's the first step, and in the right direction. Hopefully, enough will get on the bandwagon, and convince the honest folks in Cook County to go with the flow. Good Luck!!!

Well, it's a start...go IL!:hand9"
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

mkh
    Every journey begins with that first step.

Here's hoping the rest of the state will wake up and follow suit.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Great News! One step at a time, One County at a Time.

"If you're basically carrying in public, you keep your weapon in a pocket or holster and that's where it stays. It doesn't come out for any reason unless life and limb are in danger," Mefford said. "You don't show it to people, don't take it out and play with it."

words well said and just for the record we don't talk about having one on us to others

VIP Member
    Illinois on the way to becoming Wellinois? Wait 'til Chitown gets a load of this.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I think this is a potentially bad idea. What happens when someone leaves the county with a concealed weapon and gets pulled over. If they start saying that Pike County approved it or something along those lines it could lead to trouble. THe problem is that Illinois is governed by anti-gun politicians in Chicago. The other major problem once the anti-gun politicos are forced out is that there is such a huge patchwork of gun laws and home rule entities in Illinois.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    I'm confused. The article says the voters approved CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY. I'm to understand that means non prohibited persons can carry open or concealed except in prohibited places. But later in the article it mentions LICENSING REQUIREMENTS.

Did I miss something?
    Board Chairman Andy Borrowman missed it. But he invited Dr. Mefford to the next board meeting to explain it so that the board can take an active role. A wise man knows that he knows not. Go Pike!
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Links