Miami Herald poll on repealing stand your ground - get your vote in!

This is a discussion on Miami Herald poll on repealing stand your ground - get your vote in! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I voted and I did to just "stick my finger" in the "eye" of a rag publication who puts the header of Repeal This License ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Miami Herald poll on repealing stand your ground - get your vote in!

I voted and I did to just "stick my finger" in the "eye" of a rag publication who puts the header of Repeal This License to Kill. They are trying to justify their liberal opinion and I say to them plant a big wet one right here!
    Inspector71 likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bolocanolo View Post
    The OP link takes you to a new poll about Obama Care. I guess the results were going against them, and took it down.
    My guess is they have a new poll every day. the poll has moved to the center of the page, but still there, I just looked and the No's are now up to 65%
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

2012 and the first thing that spews forth from victims (or perpetrator), their relatives, and the media is "RACIST". Makes me proud to be an American.

And this is how bad Colorado is jacked up. We had our own protest yesterday, encouraging attendees to wear hoodies, not only for the kid that got shot a month ago, but to also tie in (which the reasoning still eludes me) is the local police brutality incidents.

the poll, the media, families and the nation wide protests. I'll patiently await the investigation and trial (if any) on this one. Right now there is only one person on the planet that knows exactly what happened. Until technology can extract the memories and thought processes of what that individual was doing, or time travel (just as likely), that is all we get to work with.

These numb-nuts just don't grasp the realities of life. Repealing this law, or even worse, doing a flip-flop and enacting a duty to retreat only empowers those intent on committing violent crimes.

Got beaten, stabbed, shot, raped...sucks to be you. Run faster next time.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    That IS what the law specifically states. Perhaps you should READ it before passing judgement!!!
    Easy dude, no need for caps. My apologies, I had thought I had read in another thread that the Florida SYG statute was deficient in spelling out specifics. Thanks to others with the exact wording showing this is not the case.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boatman View Post
    Easy dude, no need for caps. My apologies, I had thought I had read in another thread that the Florida SYG statute was deficient in spelling out specifics. Thanks to others with the exact wording showing this is not the case.
    Well...this whole thing is like rubbing my butt with sandpaper and pouring turpentine on it.

Florida led the nation with good, strong self-defense laws. Laws that other states copied and modeled their laws after.
    Now, over 1 (one) incident, (that the facts have not even been released ) Florida is being bombarded by a bunch of idealistic, liberal, "goody-two-shoes" that live in fantasy worlds, telling us how our laws should be changed.
    These well meaning sheep need to stay home and change their own laws if they like, and leave us the hell alone.

The vast majority of these whinners have never read the law, have absolutely no idea what the laws states or requires, only what they have "heard" on ABC, CBS, or NBC.

We all know that the major networks have an extremely anti-gun agenda. Yet some people insist on thinking they can get their facts there.

Now here it is 10am in the morning and I'm already hot enough I'm going to have to pee in the creek to keep from setting the woods on fire.

Inspector71, TheShadow and Bark'n like this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    Now here it is 10am in the morning and I'm already hot enough I'm going to have to pee in the creek to keep from setting the woods on fire.

You should see a doctor about that LOL Prostate care is very important!
    Stubborn and Bark'n like this.

65% - 35% against repealing Stand Your Ground. Not exactly what the Miami Herald was hoping for.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Voted.

35% yes
    65% NO

NORTH MIAMI BEACH, Fla. - North Miami Beach police said surveillance video shows dozens of high school students demonstrating in the Trayvon Martin case Friday ransacking a Walgreens store.
    The negative coverage by the media is starting to boil over. look up Local 10 | Miami News, Fort Lauderdale News, Florida News, Weather | WPLG Local 10 for video.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Looks more like looting and robbing to me. Of course the media sees it as demonstrating - surprise, surprise!
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Of course the media sees it as demonstrating. This is exactly what they've been trying to get started for two weeks now.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member
    Nothing like a little looting to show what law abiding, stand-up, model citizens are mad about. C'mon folks let's go damage and loot other places too to get our message that we feel something isn't good.

EDC - Glock 36 OR Glock 30, Ruger LC9, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Voted...

66%

34%
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    The anti-gunners only consider polls to be valid if the final poll results are what they want them to show. If not then they simply and completely disregard the poll.

This incident had nothing to do with stand your ground. This is about an idiot shooting a kid and a incompetant police dept

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links