Miami Herald poll on repealing stand your ground - get your vote in! - Page 4

Miami Herald poll on repealing stand your ground - get your vote in!

This is a discussion on Miami Herald poll on repealing stand your ground - get your vote in! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 Voted... 66% 34% I don't live in Florida, but after I read their headline about "license to kill" I voted anyway. ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Miami Herald poll on repealing stand your ground - get your vote in!

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Voted...

66%

34%
    I don't live in Florida, but after I read their headline about "license to kill" I voted anyway. I wish every freedom loving man and woman in the country would vote no on their stupid poll. Somewhere down the road we're going to have to make a stand or we're gonna fall. Just my .02
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    2012 and the first thing that spews forth from victims (or perpetrator), their relatives, and the media is "RACIST". Makes me proud to be an American.

And this is how bad Colorado is jacked up. We had our own protest yesterday, encouraging attendees to wear hoodies, not only for the kid that got shot a month ago, but to also tie in (which the reasoning still eludes me) is the local police brutality incidents.

the poll, the media, families and the nation wide protests. I'll patiently await the investigation and trial (if any) on this one. Right now there is only one person on the planet that knows exactly what happened. Until technology can extract the memories and thought processes of what that individual was doing, or time travel (just as likely), that is all we get to work with.

These numb-nuts just don't grasp the realities of life. Repealing this law, or even worse, doing a flip-flop and enacting a duty to retreat only empowers those intent on committing violent crimes.

Got beaten, stabbed, shot, raped...sucks to be you. Run faster next time.
    I thought the opposite of "stand your ground law" was bring a slow friend law. That way you can get awau while they are beating him up. Here is CO, especialy Aurora several buisnesses that ban hoodies. I wonder if they will be made to allow hoodies since that's racial profiling. One is a Burger King, the other was Sportsman Warehouse (they closed). Some banks also have those signs.

People don't realize how bad the opposite law can be. When I lived in MD they had a duty to retreat even in your own house. However, if the crime was extreme enough it could go the other way if your lawyer could convince the jury that a "reasonable prson" would have acted as you did.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Gotta' love a good ole' fashioned knee jerk!

Still at 34% yes 64% no.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by theskunk View Post
    This incident had nothing to do with stand your ground. This is about an idiot shooting a kid and a incompetant police dept
    We are not sure if either one of these statements are true yet. Just standby to standby.
    Bark'n likes this.

I have a FL CCW although I don't live in FL, so I get to vote. I paid my money.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I'd say that anyone with a state's license that Florida recognizes get's to vote, wouldn't you?
    goldshellback likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    I'd say that anyone with a state's license that Florida recognizes get's to vote, wouldn't you?
    Good point! Very astute observation.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links