Miami Herald poll on repealing stand your ground - get your vote in!

This is a discussion on Miami Herald poll on repealing stand your ground - get your vote in! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Opinion | MiamiHerald.com Poll is on upper left area of page. Pass it on to the other gun forums you visit. You'll also notice they ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Miami Herald poll on repealing stand your ground - get your vote in!

Opinion | MiamiHerald.com

Poll is on upper left area of page. Pass it on to the other gun forums you visit.

You'll also notice they have their own hit piece entitled 'Revoke This License to Kill'.

Distinguished Member
    Voted - currently 56% NO, 44% YES. So, they should ask themselves. Does a license to a car give you a license to kill? No, but many people do it and intentionally. Shall we revoke all drivers licenses so we don't have any which might turn out to not be so good?
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

If you clear your cookie cache, you can vote Chicago style - early and OFTEN.

Considering the left lean I see in that paper, I'd be surprised if its followers weren't doing the same. Some of their editorial cartoons are truly harsh.
    Bark'n likes this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

JD
    Administrator
    Voted.

The law has been around for 7 years and all of a sudden some goody two shoes want to mess with it. it’s a black eye to everyone if they screw with it and gives the criminal more rights. they need to deal with the case and not try to fix something that’s not broke
    oneshot and scgunlover1 like this.

I will catch a lot of flack for this but I don't vote in polls that are state specific and do not affect the laws in my state. I would not want folks voting on a poll about NH gun laws and other state specific legislation that has nothing to do with them. The people of FL and frequent visitors there should decide their own fates. For good or bad. Having massive amounts of folks casting multiple votes does not show a true representation of what the FL people want.

And yes I know how one states laws can start swaying other states views. But it is their business, not mine.
    Yankeejib likes this.

I live in Florida and I hear a lot of people who have never heard of stand your ground say things like "I can't believe they even have such a law." Blame the media or just plain ignorance but many people think the law means you can just shoot anyone with a hoodie for no good reason.

My bet is that this law in FL at the very least gets changed to make sure that it specifically states that you can only use deadly force if you feel your life is in danger etc. My understanding is that it does not state that now.

So at least in the future, getting a bloody nose wouldn't allow for countering with deadly force.

But that is the very least IMO. If Z walks, I would bet it gets compeletely repealed.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I will catch a lot of flack for this but I don't vote in polls that are state specific and do not affect the laws in my state. I would not want folks voting on a poll about NH gun laws and other state specific legislation that has nothing to do with them. The people of FL and frequent visitors there should decide their own fates. For good or bad. Having massive amounts of folks casting multiple votes does not show a true representation of what the FL people want.

And yes I know how one states laws can start swaying other states views. But it is their business, not mine.
    Agree. and voting early and often really isn't helping one side or the other. a poorly designed poll if you can do this.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boatman View Post
    My bet is that this law in FL at the very least gets changed to make sure that it specifically states that you can only use deadly force if you feel your life is in danger etc. My understanding is that it does not state that now.

So at least in the future, getting a bloody nose wouldn't allow for countering with deadly force.

But that is the very least IMO. If Z walks, I would bet it gets compeletely repealed.
    That IS what the law specifically states. Perhaps you should READ it before passing judgement!!!
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    That IS what the law specifically states. Perhaps you should READ it before passing judgement!!!
    Correct and it is up to the CCWer to know the laws in his/her state.

The OP link takes you to a new poll about Obama Care. I guess the results were going against them, and took it down.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bolocanolo View Post
    The OP link takes you to a new poll about Obama Care. I guess the results were going against them, and took it down.
    You're probably right. The Miami Herald is a pretty liberal rag,
    but that's OK...Obamacare needs to be repealed as bad as Stand your Ground needs to be saved, INTACT.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The "victim's" family has trademarked his "name" and hired their lawyers (why do "victim's" families need lawyers?). The multicultural "white perp" has a $10K bounty on his head. The ignorant liberal mouthpieces fawn to the cameras like a moths to blue zap-light. The (sorry excuse for a) "president" plies the racial wedge while trying to maintain legitimacy in the face of overwhelming evidence that he's an interloper/pretender. Then, evidence is released that suggests SYG was entirely applicable. Who give a flip what the Miami Herald poll says? It's irrelevant. They're only playing you for their points. Fasten your seatbelts and get ready!
    bolocanolo and Mike1956 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bolocanolo View Post
    LOL.

And the Obamacare one is off to a bad start for them. That one will probably get pulled to. Far leftists might start figuring out that there are far fewer of them than their media presence has led them to believe.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links