Defensive Carry banner

Consider this old barn the next time you vote.

981 views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  tubadude 
#1 ·
When I was a kid I clearly remember seeing an editorial cartoon in the newspaper. It showed a revolutionary soldier, musket in hand, and he was angry-looking. His words were, "You didn't vote, what if I hadn't fought"? It made a good impact on me and I've been an avid voter ever since. Granted I missed a couple of elections (forgot) but I'm there nearly every time.

With that in mind I recently got the information below which is a video that shows how enough people got together and were able to physically pick up an old barn and move it to a new site. All done by hand ! That group of people made me think once again of the power of the people when they exercise their right to vote.

If there is a legislative issue about our 2A, we certainly have the choice to group together and pick up that "legislative barn" and move it to where it needs to go. The next time you have the opportunity to vote, write a letter or make a phone call remember what happens when we can work together and pick up our 2A barn.

The story:
In 1981, Herman Ostry and his wife, Donna, bought a farm a half mile outside of Bruno , Nebraska , a small community sixty miles west of Omaha .
The property had a creek and came with a barn built in the 1920's. The barn floor was always wet and muddy. When the creek flooded in 1988, the barn ended up with 29 inches of water covering the floor. That was the last straw.
Ostry needed to move it to higher ground. He contacted a building moving company and was discouraged by the bid.
One night around the table, Ostry commented that if they had enough people they could pick the barn up and move it to higher ground. Everyone laughed. A few days later, Ostry's son Mike showed his father some calculations. He had counted the individual boards and timbers in the barn and estimated that the barn weighed approximately 16,640 pounds. He also estimated that a steel grid needed to move the barn would add another 3,150 pounds, bringing the total weight to just under 10 tons. He figured it would take around 350 people with each person lifting 56 lbs. to move the barn.
The town of Bruno , Nebraska was planning its centennial celebration in late July of 1988. Herman and Mike presented their barn moving idea to the committee. The committee decided to make it part of their celebration.
So, on July 30, 1988, shortly before 11 a.m., a quick test lift was successfully made. Then, as local television cameras and 4,000 people from eleven states watched, 350 people moved the barn 115 feet south and 6 feet higher up a gentle slope and set it on its new foundation.
Incredible........... :)

Bruno Barn Move - YouTube

See less See more
#3 ·
When I was a kid I clearly remember seeing an editorial cartoon in the newspaper. It showed a revolutionary soldier, musket in hand, and he was angry-looking. His words were, "You didn't vote, what if I hadn't fought"? It made a good impact on me and I've been an avid voter ever since. Granted I missed a couple of elections (forgot) but I'm there nearly every time.

With that in mind I recently got the information below which is a video that shows how enough people got together and were able to physically pick up an old barn and move it to a new site. All done by hand ! That group of people made me think once again of the power of the people when they exercise their right to vote.

If there is a legislative issue about our 2A, we certainly have the choice to group together and pick up that "legislative barn" and move it to where it needs to go. The next time you have the opportunity to vote, write a letter or make a phone call remember what happens when we can work together and pick up our 2A barn.

Thank you sir, sometimes we all need a reminder.

#7 ·
No...we don't vote for SIXTO....if people don't VOTE...we BLAME that on SIXTO. :biggrin2:

On a serious note if you don't VOTE then don't complain about anything related to the Government that we get/have.
Just "Shut Up" and "live with it" because that is exactly what you did (or will be doing) by not casting your vote.
If you can't "bother" to cast an intelligent vote then I don't want to "bother" listening to what you like and what you don't like about America.

Reactions: atctimmy
#9 ·
You'd be suprised what you can do if you work together. Let's find out.

#14 ·
Pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.