Consider this old barn the next time you vote.

This is a discussion on Consider this old barn the next time you vote. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; When I was a kid I clearly remember seeing an editorial cartoon in the newspaper. It showed a revolutionary soldier, musket in hand, and he ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 9 Post By ppkheat
  • 1 Post By QKShooter
  • 1 Post By RichB70

Thread: Consider this old barn the next time you vote.

VIP Member

Consider this old barn the next time you vote.

When I was a kid I clearly remember seeing an editorial cartoon in the newspaper. It showed a revolutionary soldier, musket in hand, and he was angry-looking. His words were, "You didn't vote, what if I hadn't fought"? It made a good impact on me and I've been an avid voter ever since. Granted I missed a couple of elections (forgot) but I'm there nearly every time.

With that in mind I recently got the information below which is a video that shows how enough people got together and were able to physically pick up an old barn and move it to a new site. All done by hand ! That group of people made me think once again of the power of the people when they exercise their right to vote.

If there is a legislative issue about our 2A, we certainly have the choice to group together and pick up that "legislative barn" and move it to where it needs to go. The next time you have the opportunity to vote, write a letter or make a phone call remember what happens when we can work together and pick up our 2A barn.

The story:
    In 1981, Herman Ostry and his wife, Donna, bought a farm a half mile outside of Bruno , Nebraska , a small community sixty miles west of Omaha .
    The property had a creek and came with a barn built in the 1920's. The barn floor was always wet and muddy. When the creek flooded in 1988, the barn ended up with 29 inches of water covering the floor. That was the last straw.
    Ostry needed to move it to higher ground. He contacted a building moving company and was discouraged by the bid.
    One night around the table, Ostry commented that if they had enough people they could pick the barn up and move it to higher ground. Everyone laughed. A few days later, Ostry's son Mike showed his father some calculations. He had counted the individual boards and timbers in the barn and estimated that the barn weighed approximately 16,640 pounds. He also estimated that a steel grid needed to move the barn would add another 3,150 pounds, bringing the total weight to just under 10 tons. He figured it would take around 350 people with each person lifting 56 lbs. to move the barn.
    The town of Bruno , Nebraska was planning its centennial celebration in late July of 1988. Herman and Mike presented their barn moving idea to the committee. The committee decided to make it part of their celebration.
    So, on July 30, 1988, shortly before 11 a.m., a quick test lift was successfully made. Then, as local television cameras and 4,000 people from eleven states watched, 350 people moved the barn 115 feet south and 6 feet higher up a gentle slope and set it on its new foundation.
    Incredible........... :)

Bruno Barn Move - YouTube
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Neat! Vote!
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    When I was a kid I clearly remember seeing an editorial cartoon in the newspaper. It showed a revolutionary soldier, musket in hand, and he was angry-looking. His words were, "You didn't vote, what if I hadn't fought"? It made a good impact on me and I've been an avid voter ever since. Granted I missed a couple of elections (forgot) but I'm there nearly every time.

With that in mind I recently got the information below which is a video that shows how enough people got together and were able to physically pick up an old barn and move it to a new site. All done by hand ! That group of people made me think once again of the power of the people when they exercise their right to vote.

If there is a legislative issue about our 2A, we certainly have the choice to group together and pick up that "legislative barn" and move it to where it needs to go. The next time you have the opportunity to vote, write a letter or make a phone call remember what happens when we can work together and pick up our 2A barn.

Thank you sir, sometimes we all need a reminder.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That was about the most awesome thing I have ever seen
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The problem is not voting but rather who to vote for. The lesser of evils is the choice it seems.

A great post none the less. Thanks!
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

VIP Member
    Let's all vote for Sixto!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Let's all vote for Sixto!
    No...we don't vote for SIXTO....if people don't VOTE...we BLAME that on SIXTO.

On a serious note if you don't VOTE then don't complain about anything related to the Government that we get/have.
    Just "Shut Up" and "live with it" because that is exactly what you did (or will be doing) by not casting your vote.
    If you can't "bother" to cast an intelligent vote then I don't want to "bother" listening to what you like and what you don't like about America.
    atctimmy likes this.

Thank you sir, sometimes we all need a reminder.

You'd be suprised what you can do if you work together. Let's find out.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

A pretty clever idea and an impressive feat.
    Thanks for sharing...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Only in America!
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Well I think this time our country is in extreme danger. Voting is your chance to protect your freedom.

Rich
    HotGuns likes this.

i'll show up if you'll buy the beer

VIP Member
    Pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

That was too cool!

Links