Florida Stand Your Ground law

This is a discussion on Florida Stand Your Ground law within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Regarding the incident in Florida, I have yet to hear in the media anything about the fact that the Stand Your Ground law is not ...

Regarding the incident in Florida, I have yet to hear in the media anything about the fact that the Stand Your Ground law is not at fault, it's the fact that this bozo didn't FOLLOW it. That law doesn't allow you to pursue anybody.

AND - has anyone heard anything about the police dispatcher being reprimanded??? The dispatcher was on the phone with a guy who was clearly violating the law, and who was in the act of demonstrating that he either did not understand the scope and intent of the law or was willfully disregarding it for his own agenda. And all the dispatcher could come up with was "Yeah, we don't need you to do that". He had a responsibility at that point to strongly assert "Sir, under no circumstances are you to pursue or otherwise follow the 'suspect' any further. You will be arrested and charged if you do so."
    "I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you ---- with me, I'll kill you all."

Marine Corps General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Links