Update on Brian Aitken's case in NJ

This is a discussion on Update on Brian Aitken's case in NJ within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ha...............one of the worst places on earth. Had over 25+ years working there...was there during thr Riots in the 60's......will never go back......just a horrible ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Update on Brian Aitken's case in NJ

Ha...............one of the worst places on earth.
    Had over 25+ years working there...was there during thr Riots in the 60's......will never go back......just a horrible place of filth and crime of all sorts.
    BenGoodLuck and Aceoky like this.

2. Remove Ads

It was Newark, Paterson and Jersey City that got me thinking about self-defense in the first place.
    I'm one of those 'nutty' metal detecting guys you sometimes see in a park or at the beach.
    Since I hunt for old coins and jewelry (and I've found a lot of valuable stuff) I focus on the oldest parks.
    And here in Jersey, those parks are usually in iffy neighborhoods.
    I've had a number of really close calls over the years. SA, my large digger 'knife', some bluster and the Good Lord, have kept me safe so far.
    I view my hobby much like sky-divers or mountian climbers view theirs.
    Jersey isn't for the faint-hearted.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Distinguished Member Array 4my son's Avatar
    If you by some strange twist of fate get a permit in Jersey and shoot someone with ball ammo, it over-penetrates and injures someone else, can you sue the state for not allowing the use of Hollow Points?
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

VIP Member
    I first read about Brian yesterday (Brian Aitken: Father sent to jail and barred from seeing son for possessing gun | Mail Online). After reading about him, I searched DC and found this thread. I'm shocked that he could have been arrested in the first place. What reasonable cause did the police have to search his vehicle? His defense team must not have been so strong and why couldn't they get a mistrial when the judge failed to charge the jury properly?

After finding out that he is still convicted of possessing hollow points, I had to explain to my wife why hollow points are actually less dangerous than ball ammo. I found this excellent article that makes all the right points:

Are Hollowpoint Bullets More Dangerous? | Cornered Cat

My wife had accepted the media lies and misinformation about the ammo, but I'm glad she read this article and now understands the truth.

Unfortunately, I was born and raised in NJ. But I thank God every day for giving me the opportunity back in 1987 to leave that sorry excuse for a state. I hope I never have to set foot there again.
    Aceoky, joker1 and cbp210 like this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Look.................that's what I carry....Hard Ball....worked for years in the Phillipines and throughout Europe.....and If by chance I'm forced to use deadly force to save myself.....well as fate would have it...I'm not worrying about pass through shots.......wrong place wrong time.

Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    After finding out that he is still convicted of possessing hollow points, I had to explain to my wife why hollow points are actually less dangerous than ball ammo.
    Quote Originally Posted by gigamortis View Post
    It makes no logical sense that the mere possession of hollow point bullets in NJ is a felony. They are perfectly legal in other states. If a person is going to be branded a felon, it should be for an offense that is deemed a felony in all states.
    Seems to me that "felony" should absolutely, at minimum, equate to harm of innocents in some way, shape or form. Mere possession doesn't do that, not ever. No matter how many folks get bent about possibilities in their fearful little minds.

I'm thankful to live in a free state. It's nice to be free.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

And in DC you get the same treatment for a spent shell casing!

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    actually the lower court judge is the BG here, he refused to allow the laws of NJ to be properly applied in this case, the there allows you to transport your weapons in your car as long as they are not loaded and in a locked box. aikens was in compliance with the law and the judge would not allow him to use the actual law as a defense. a real crock of crap!
    I wonder what the judge was packing under his robe-or maybe it was a pair of panties.

It makes no logical sense that the mere possession of hollow point bullets in NJ is a felony. They are perfectly legal in other states. If a person is going to be branded a felon, it should be for an offense that is deemed a felony in all states. As it stands now, a person can be branded a nationally recognized felon for doing something that is perfectly legal in one state but not another. The sad outcome in this case is that he won't be able to own a gun in any state.
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    That probably is the purpose of the law.
    Yep...make as many laws as possible and make them so discombobulated that you can't possibly LIVE without committing some sort of "heinous" crime.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

It makes no logical sense that the mere possession of hollow point bullets in NJ is a felony. They are perfectly legal in other states. If a person is going to be branded a felon, it should be for an offense that is deemed a felony in all states. As it stands now, a person can be branded a nationally recognized felon for doing something that is perfectly legal in one state but not another. The sad outcome in this case is that he won't be able to own a gun in any state.
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    That probably is the purpose of the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Seems to me that "felony" should absolutely, at minimum, equate to harm of innocents in some way, shape or form. Mere possession doesn't do that, not ever. No matter how many folks get bent about possibilities in their fearful little minds.

I'm thankful to live in a free state. It's nice to be free.
    Slight side note, but you're probably not free. You own a home, even outright without a mortgage? Pay taxes on it don't ya? Yeah...You're free all right. Free to bend over for life on something you worked for, squirreled away for, and finally paid for. Now it's yours...or is it?
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Eliminate taxes, wait a few years, and see what you end up with.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Eliminate taxes, wait a few years, and see what you end up with.
    I give.....less government maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Slight side note, but you're probably not free. You own a home, even outright without a mortgage? Pay taxes on it don't ya? Yeah...You're free all right. Free to bend over for life on something you worked for, squirreled away for, and finally paid for. Now it's yours...or is it?
    The reference, obviously, was in regards to the 2A and typical unconstitutional restrictions.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Thay make California look good.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    The 2nd Amendment sais' nothing about felons not owning guns... just putting that out there.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links