Update on Brian Aitken's case in NJ

This is a discussion on Update on Brian Aitken's case in NJ within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A mixed outcome from Brian's appeal here in Jersey. Bottom line, he's still felon due to the hollow points that were found in his trunk. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Update on Brian Aitken's case in NJ

A mixed outcome from Brian's appeal here in Jersey.
    Bottom line, he's still felon due to the hollow points that were found in his trunk.
    Links:

State Appellate Court Upholds 1 Conviction, Overturns 2 Others For Brian Aitken CBS New York

Ruling is for gun activist | Courier-Post | courierpostonline.com
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

It makes no logical sense that the mere possession of hollow point bullets in NJ is a felony. They are perfectly legal in other states. If a person is going to be branded a felon, it should be for an offense that is deemed a felony in all states. As it stands now, a person can be branded a nationally recognized felon for doing something that is perfectly legal in one state but not another. The sad outcome in this case is that he won't be able to own a gun in any state.
    ccman, joker1, msgt/ret and 1 others like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gigamortis View Post
    It makes no logical sense that the mere possession of hollow point bullets in NJ is a felony. They are perfectly legal in other states. If a person is going to be branded a felon, it should be for an offense that is deemed a felony in all states. As it stands now, a person can be branded a nationally recognized felon for doing something that is perfectly legal in one state but not another. The sad outcome in this case is that he won't be able to own a gun in any state.
    That probably is the purpose of the law.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Whenever traveling to a "RESTRICTIVE" State,you really need to research the laws,kinda like some people with Marijuana medical cards getting caught on Federal land by a game warden that told them your card ain't worth squat on federal land`
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    NJ is out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    NJ is out of control.
    ^^^^^^
    Don't forget about the absolute worst-NYC. Remember what I've said time and time again-these are easy arrests. The LA gun owner will not shoot or fight with police. The stats are jacked up and all the politicos are happy living in a dream world.
    If only all the effort pursuing and prosecuting those that didn't do anything bad with their firearms would be spent on BGs that HAVE done bad things with theirs. Since the BGs aren't really being stopped, the GGs are a target of opportunity for the anti 2A crowd. Sad, moronic & pathetic.
    BenGoodLuck and ccman like this.

Lord please, if I should ever become so out of my mind that I approach new jersey, new york, or illinois with anything even resembling a pair of nail clippers or worse give me quick dose of electricity and turn me around.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Lord please, if I should ever become so out of my mind that I approach new jersey, new york, or illinois with anything even resembling a pair of nail clippers or worse give me quick dose of electricity and turn me around.
    Unfortunately, the inlaws live in Illinois. Traveling there is to be an unarmed victim in the making, but it has to be done from time to time.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

That sucks JoJo, well at least they don't make you leave your SA at home (at least I think that is still legal to posses in illinois).
    Last edited by joker1; April 2nd, 2012 at 03:35 PM.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    I personally can't think of any reason on the planet to venture to any of those police states to begin with.. In fact, any state that wants to take our God given rights away, wouldn't bother me in the slightest if it just disappeared altogether. Now, I'm not wishing any ill will towards the good folks that occupy any of those states, well, not the level headed ones that is.

As for the rest

welder516, Aceoky, joker1 and 2 others like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

So If you happen to be traveling thru NJ as you approach NJ stop and throw ammo into a sewer or lake.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Whenever traveling to a "RESTRICTIVE" State,you really need to research the laws,kinda like some people with Marijuana medical cards getting caught on Federal land by a game warden that told them your card ain't worth squat on federal land`
    You must not know this case then. He WAS following their laws and was still arrested and convicted. He's now a convicted felon because the judge refused to allow a lesser sentence as an option to the jury.

Really, all of the convictions should be tossed out, and the state of NJ should be sued with a huge payout going to Mr. Aitkens along with laws being changed because of the wrongful conviction of a law-abiding person.
    BenGoodLuck and Aceoky like this.

actually the lower court judge is the BG here, he refused to allow the laws of NJ to be properly applied in this case, the there allows you to transport your weapons in your car as long as they are not loaded and in a locked box. aikens was in compliance with the law and the judge would not allow him to use the actual law as a defense. a real crock of crap!
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

YUP.................what your missing there is to and from a range, gunsmith, place of business if your the owner and I believe that's it for a handgun.
    The hollow point issue here is nothing to be taken lightly......just saw an old friend who just retired as LE after 22yrs.....had to go an re-qualify for his CCW here in NJ and told me he can no longer carry HP ammo as a civilian.
    They will lock you up here for any infraction and the lawyers will be happy to take what you have.............$$$$.
    Aceoky and BenGoodLuck like this.

The more I see posted about New Jerky, the happier I am that I DIDN'T accept that job in Newark.
    Aceoky and BenGoodLuck like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links