And now for some really good news ....

This is a discussion on And now for some really good news .... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; With the controvery over the recent "Stand Your Ground" self Defense shooting in Florida, I'm pleased that important 2A issues on other fronts, ecpecially Illinois ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SIGP250

Thread: And now for some really good news ....

VIP Member

Thumbs up And now for some really good news ....

With the controvery over the recent "Stand Your Ground" self Defense shooting in Florida, I'm pleased that important 2A issues on other fronts, ecpecially Illinois are gaining traction. This is a major Victory for 2A.

NSSF Calls Illinois Ruling a 'Victory' for Second Amendment

Please click on the link below to read.

accessbob likes this.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

2. Remove Ads

I wish I could say that the link worked. But not for me.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Okemo View Post
    Strange, I just clicked it again and it worked for me. Are you clicking on it from work by chance? Maybe it is blocked there (if you are).
    EDC - Glock 36 OR Glock 30, Ruger LC9, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    Strange, I just clicked it again and it worked for me. Are you clicking on it from work by chance? Maybe it is blocked there (if you are).
    No, I'm at home. It opens blank window and then the DC.com page goes here. Email Marketing Solutions from Constant Contact
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Distinguished Member
    No, I'm at home. It opens blank window and then the DC.com page goes here. Email Marketing Solutions from Constant Contact
    Hmm, that doesn't sound good. That almost sounds like you have a virus which has set up its own proxy which you are going through. I may be wrong but I can't think of other reasons.
    EDC - Glock 36 OR Glock 30, Ruger LC9, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Good news! A small step towards liberating Illinois.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    Not all browsers work exactly the same. It also depends on how many services you are running and how much bandwidth is being used by other programs.

It can also have plenty to do with your Internet service provider. At peak times some ISP's deliver only the minimum amount of guaranteed bandwidth to the customer. That means If you are paying for 25mps/sec. You may only be getting 70% during peak times of the day.

When a link does not work by clicking on it, the best thing to do is to open your Internet browser of choice, then cut and paste the link into the browser's address box.

To cut and paste, first highlight the link. Hold the left mouse button down while swiping the mouse across the underlined text link. If it does not stay highlighted do the same but then once highlighted press the shift key (while holding the left mouse button down) This will hold the highlight.

Then, use Hot keys. For Copy, CTRL+C keys. That copies the link to the clipboard.

Next, backspace over any text in the Browser's address text box.

Lastly with the cursor blinking in the address box, Press CTRL+V keys to paste the link into the address box. Press enter on your keyboard and it should open the website page to read the article.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Small steps towards CCW in IL...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayllts View Post
    Okay, the article is short enough so here is the full text.

To: ALL MEDIA
    For immediate release

April 5, 2012
    For more information contact:
    Bill Brassard Jr.
    203-426-1320
    NEWTOWN, Conn. -- The Illinois Supreme Court today reversed a trial court's dismissal of a lawsuit challenging Cook County's so-called "assault weapons" ordinance banning certain commonly owned and widely used semi-automatic firearms, including modern sporting rifles -- a decision the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the trade association for the firearms and ammunition industry, called a victory for the Second Amendment.
    The court actually reached two decisions in Wilson v. Cook County, sending part of the case challenging the ordinance on Second Amendment grounds back to the lower court, while at the same time upholding the lower court's dismissal of the plaintiffs' challenge that the county's ordinance was unconstitutionally vague.
    Given recent U.S. Supreme Court rulings in the Heller and McDonald cases reaffirming the individual right to lawfully own firearms that are in common use, NSSF is confident of a favorable decision by the trial court following its reconsideration of the Second Amendment infringement challenge to the ordinance.
    "A record can now be developed in the trial court demonstrating that these rifles are used for legitimate purposes, and the claim that they are 20 times more likely to be used in the commission of a crime is a canard. It's time to bring Cook County into the 21st Century," said Lawrence G. Keane, NSSF senior vice president and general counsel.
    NSSF filed an amicus brief in Wilson v. Cook County last August to help educate the court about modern sporting rifles and their owners and the lawful purposes for which these firearms are commonly and widely used, such as target shooting, hunting, collecting and self-defense. In its brief, NSSF said Cook County's ban on the ownership of modern sporting rifles and their magazines infringed on the core Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.
    In addition to NSSF filing an amicus brief, the Illinois Supreme Court allowed the Commonwealth Second Amendment, the Illinois Conservation Police Lodge, certain Illinois legislators, the Illinois Firearms Manufacturers Association and the National Rifle Association to submit amicus briefs in support of plaintiffs.
    In the Wilson case, various plaintiffs challenged the broad and sweeping assault-weapons ordinance banning the manufacture, sale and possession of several popular classes of semi-automatic firearms, including commonly owned and used modern sporting rifles, simply because of their cosmetic features.
    The Illinois State Rifle Association funded the named plaintiffs in the lawsuit.
    -30-
    About NSSF
    The National Shooting Sports Foundation is the trade association for the firearms industry. Its mission is to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports. Formed in 1961, NSSF has a membership of more than 7,000 manufacturers, distributors, firearms retailers, shooting ranges, sportsmen's organizations and publishers. For more information, log on to www.nssf.org.
    - Zen Saying

Links