Defensive Carry banner

Canada's Long Gun Registry Dead As Of Today, Unless you live In Quebec.

670 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  oneshot 
#1 ·
After years of frustration, we finally won a round today. We will no longer have to register our rifles and shotguns with the RCMP, unless you live in the province of Quebec.

After passing through months of debates through Parliament and our Senate, Bill C19 finally received Royal assent and passed into law today.

The fly in the ointment is the province of Quebec. They today received an injunction delaying the promised destruction of all the data of all the firearms registered there until court hearings can be held over the next few weeks. They want the data transferred from the federal database to them so they can start up their own registry.

#4 ·
GREAT DEAL .... seriously. You guys have really had a battle and a hard climb, and finally got all of the right people in office that were open to it. Good job ! ! ! Keep pressuring the politicians, and don't give up.

#11 ·
Hasn’t Quebec wanted to secede from the rest of Canada from many years? Their desire to keep the registery is just more proof they are in their own little world. Back when I was driving a truck I had a delivery in Quebec. After trying unsuccesfully to find someone that spoke english I made a copy of the BOL and told the guy in receiving I was leaving and would drop the load at the terminal. Glory be it was amazing how fast he learned to speak english.

#12 ·
Until Canada's main body of goverment ceases to be refered to as "Parliament", and you stop using the term "Royal",
The government will view your very existence as as something that is owned/controlled by them.
Its getting that way here in the US slowly but surely.
This is a small drop in the bucket, but most assuredly a leap in the right direction.
Hope things keep moving in the right direction for you gyus to the north, Gunny

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.