Mayor against illegal guns believe hr 822 dead in the senate - Page 2

Mayor against illegal guns believe hr 822 dead in the senate

This is a discussion on Mayor against illegal guns believe hr 822 dead in the senate within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Hopyard Yes you are missing a lot, and basing your view on stereotypes. Check out jpfo.org/ Hey "Hop" we're begining to agree ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Mayor against illegal guns believe hr 822 dead in the senate

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Yes you are missing a lot, and basing your view on stereotypes.

Check out jpfo.org/
    Hey "Hop" we're begining to agree on quite a bit. (I fixed your link also)

JPFO is a quality organization...if you haven't checked it out, you should.

Jews For The Preservation of Firearms Ownership

They tend to take the "hard line" stand I wish the NRA would take. Just my 2 cent opinion.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    There was and is a lot more local exception (hate) going on in our country than "fear of religious persecution by The United States", and accessbob is speaking to the practical matter.

At the time of the Constitutional convention, there were religious tests of qualification for state office much to the exclusion of non-Protestants; and the convention was not so secret as to escape the address of Jonas Phillips, founder of the Mikveh Israel Congregation in Philadelphia, where the convention was ongoing.
    Section 10 of the PA Constitution required government servants to take an oath to the New testament. Phillips, in alluding to Jewish service to the colonies against the Brits and to the Jews' religious aversion to allegiance to the New testament, begs that Jews may continue to be full partners in the brave new experiment that was the U.S. One possible result of Phillips' letter is in Article VI of the Constitution of the U.S., "but no religious test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States".
    This unification of contentious forces is just another example of the human progress that the U.S. Constitution represents.
    The founders called it a "miracle".
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    It sounds what we are really are dancing around civil defense by certain groups. The Swiss and God's chosen people have the best civil defense
    in the world.Military issued firearms are in every home. Complusary service 17-20 years for our young people would go long way as the nuclear family is the minority.I remember going to school discuss an issue with teacher who over stepped their bounds teaching moralsin the third grade.
    I calmly told them they were to stick teaching only morals was my job! In the begining everyone would be calling wolf but in the end our country
    would have less welfare,less babies out of wedlock. Exsisting taxes could be used for positive thing like paying dpown debt and education! It's
    just too simple ,we have young men in the hood having 5/6 babies by hgalf dozen women wearing on their chest as a badge of courge! Of course
    they aren't paying a cent of child support so you know what I'd require after one mistake not paying the big V ! I worked two full time jobs for 25 years so my kids could be college educated and have a better live than me.Sorry guys ,I kinda get of on a rant it's tax time and when I have to pay taxes on my consevative pension from working two jobs it pisses me off as I owned a small cleaning company so I paid 15%SS for 20years.Don't get me wrong I greatful I could.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Most of the Muslim Stock of Abraham, either through action or silent consent, would have the USA's political structure destroyed by bowing to sharia law, unlike the Jewish Stock of Abraham. There's where the road splits.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Talk about a thread hijacking!

Yes I am Jewish, Yes I am armed and Yes, a part of the reason that I am armed is the knowledge that less than 10 years before I was born every European member of my family that had not already emigrated to the United States, except for 1 person, died in the Holocaust. We think that number was more than 100 members of the extended families on both my Mother's and Father's side. For me, "Never Again" is burned into my brain. That notwithstanding, being Jewish is not the reason that most of the people I grew up with are not gun owners, the major reason is that "gun culture" is not a part of the urban/suburban NYC environment.

I learned to shoot in the Boy Scouts, but the only place to shoot was at the camp two hours from the city. When I lived in NYC there was only one public range within city limits. I did not own my first firearm until I moved to Virginia 25 years ago, largely because it is such a PITA to acquire a gun and shoot it in NYC. Among my group of boyhood friends, only one, the Scoutmaster's son, had any firearms at home. This is notwithstanding the fact that my father and every one of my Jewish friend's fathers served in the military in WW II and learned to shoot. But guess what, none of my Italian or Irish or Black friends had guns at home either. Growing up in the city, hunting or shooting pests is not common either, so guns at home in Brooklyn was just not done (unless you were mobbed up :-).

So today, I am the only member of my family in the US I know of who own guns and regularly shoots. I contrast this with family members in Israel and Israelis generally, all of whom learned to shoot and all of whom, who are in the reserves and many who are not, have a gun at home. It may strike some of my Jewish friends here as strange, but I agree with Chevy SS, I don't see how any Jew with half a brain or a functioning knowledge of our history can be unarmed in this world. We are blessed to live in a country where, as James Madison noted in Federalist No 46, the government is not afraid to trust people with arms. For those Jews who live by the Talmudic requirement to perform good deeds (mitzvot) to leave the world a better place (known as tikkun olam in Hebrew) a good place to start would be to teach Jews how to protect themselves by voting smarter and shooting straighter

armed_jews.jpg
    Pistology and MisterFleas like this.

To get back op topic of this thread.

“Mayor against illegal guns believe hr 822 dead in the senate “

Bloomy is right. HR 822 will die in the Senate. He (Bloomy) hasn’t turned any tide in the Senate. That’s just the makeup of the Senate at the moment with our beloved Uncle Harry at the helm.

Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links