Defensive Carry banner

Bloomberg to push to overturn 'stand your ground' laws nationwide

5K views 52 replies 45 participants last post by  Edward7 
#1 · (Edited)
Apparently there will be a press conference this afternoon in Washington D.C. with the Rev. Al Sharpton, the NAACP, the National Urban League and other groups

------------------

Bloomberg to push to overturn 'stand your ground' laws nationwide

Mayor Bloomberg is launching a campaign to overturn "stand your ground" laws around the nation, such as the one in Florida that led to the controversial shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

Bloomberg has scheduled a press conference this afternoon in Washington with the Rev. Al Sharpton, the NAACP, the National Urban League and other groups to announce the initiative.

The billionaire mayor is expected to fund most -- if not all -- of the drive.

A couple of weeks ago, the mayor's office rushed to sign up volunteer lawyers to compile a list of stand-your-ground laws -- described by Bloomberg as "shoot first" laws -- around the country.

Read more: Mayor Michael Bloomberg to push to overturn 'stand your ground' laws nationwide - NYPOST.com

UPDATE ARTICLE Below, more detail = 'You must submit to all criminals that attack you'

The campaign aims to repeal or reform the laws that eliminated a person's duty to retreat when threatened with serious bodily harm or death. These laws have passed in 25 states.

Bloomberg said these laws undermine the integrity of the justice system, threaten public safety and make it more difficult to prosecute shooters.

The grassroots campaign will contact state legislators who have passed what he terms "shoot first" laws, produce education material for the public and create model legislation.

http://www.wmdt.com/story/17389322/mayor-bloomberg-launches-campaign-against-gun-laws

See less See more
#3 ·
He is the chief nanny of the biggest city in the U.S. I really could give two craps what this bozo thinks, or wants.....

Reactions: tkruf and Badey
#6 ·
That's the liberal mentality...if they don't like something or don't want something then they think no one else should like it or be able to have it.

Reactions: tkruf
#5 ·
Well, he thinks he is responsible for killing HR-822 so now he has a case of the "big me-little you" syndrome.
I would imagine he will be showing up all over trying to keep his anti-gun machine rolling.
What a buffoon.

Reactions: killingjoke
#12 · (Edited)
Well, he thinks he is responsible for killing HR-822 so now he has a case of the "big me-little you" syndrome.
I would imagine he will be showing up all over trying to keep his anti-gun machine rolling.
What a buffoon.
I dislike calling Bloomberg a 'buffoon'...that is an insult to 'buffoons' everywhere.

#7 ·
Oh the sweet irony of this liberal yankee hypocrite. These people make me SICK SICK SICK

rewind a couple of years.....

LePaul Gammons, man shot by Mayor Bloomberg's body guard, to sue for $5 million - New York Daily News

The unarmed man shot by Mayor Bloomberg's bodyguard in a fight over a woman says he was threatened at gunpoint by the elite officer before and cops took no action.

Now he's planning to sue the city for $5 million.

LePaul Gammons said it was Valentine's Day 2007 when Detective Leopold McLean drew a handgun while off duty and told him "he didn't have a problem with shooting me."

Gammons called 911 to report the threat and ended up arrested himself for harassing ex-girlfriend Assia Winfield, a beautiful aerobics instructor who was dating McLean.
he is well protected with all of his bodyguards, so who cares about the peasants

#10 · (Edited)
Anyone remember this awesome event to protest Bloomberg a few years ago?

"Bloomberg Gun Giveaway" Draws Crowd - CBS News

This was my favorite line from the article.

"Anybody who showed up at Thursday's event was eligible for the drawing — except Bloomberg and his immediate family, who were explicitly excluded from the contest by VCDL organizers."

#11 ·
People like bloomberg, menino, and daley really give me a feel about the real IQ of the voters in their areas. It makes me laugh it is so pathetic that all of these people allow these hypocritical rich "tyrants" pull the wool over their eyes and deny them the same rights and perks they themselves cannot do without, and this goes way beyond the 2A...... I feel sad for these voters, then I realize it is their blind stupidity that makes them subjects with a false sense of security.

#14 ·
Thank goodness that all of NYC's problems are solved to the extent that there are no longer problems or issues significant enough that warrants Bloomberg's attention, freeing him of his local responsibilities so that he can take care of the rest of us in the other 49 states.

Now I can finally sleep at nights knowing I'm in good hands. Thank you Sir Bloomberg.

#15 ·
Bloomberg must think he is a Czar or something,Texas will tell bloomberg and the Feds to go pound sand,in fact the Feds try to over reach their powers and you will see States starting to secede and actually take the Constitution at face value

#19 ·
If I had my own security detail and billions like Bloomberg then maybe I would be so flippant about self-defense laws.If He really cared about such as public safety He would fix New York City and let the rest of We The People protect ourselves.But remember to Him We are unrefined peasants.

#21 ·
Updated Ariticle on this Ass Hat!

UPDATE ARTICLE Below, more detail = 'You must submit to all criminals that attack you'

The campaign aims to repeal or reform the laws that eliminated a person's duty to retreat when threatened with serious bodily harm or death. These laws have passed in 25 states.

Bloomberg said these laws undermine the integrity of the justice system, threaten public safety and make it more difficult to prosecute shooters.

The grassroots campaign will contact state legislators who have passed what he terms "shoot first" laws, produce education material for the public and create model legislation.

Mayor Bloomberg launches campaign against gun laws - WMDT 47 News - Delmarva's Choice

#23 ·
He won't be happy until he gets the rest of the Country as safe as NYC! :blink:

#24 ·
This guy is blinded by his money and ego. In the larger scheme of things it will mean nothing. Like one person said, I hope Bloomberg spends all his money "tilting at that windmill".

#27 ·
As some have mentioned already Bloomberg has his own armed 'stand your ground' body guards. He is one of those "don't do as I do, do as I say" people.

However full of hot air we think he is we can not let our guard down. He has the money to push what he seeks which makes him a danger to our 2nd amendment and state laws. Our battle is one that most likely will never end. We can never stop telling our government representatives that we do not ever want to give up our 2nd amendment rights or the right to defend ourselves.

Sadly tragedy's often happen. Will there be times when a shooting is ruled as not in self defense, of course there will. That is no reason we should throw out the baby with the bath water. People have too many drinks and kill someone with their vehicles, we still allow people to drive.

Mayor Bloombreg, the NAACP and the other groups that are pushing for a nationwide appeal of these laws are doing it for self serving purposes. Appealing of the laws would reverse the "even playing ground" law abiding citizens have gained over the criminals it recent years. The want to name the proposed law the "Trayvon Martin Law". A more appropriate name for the proposed law should be "Criminals Have no Fear No One Will Shoot Back and You Will Be Allowed to Cop a Plea to Serve Little Prison Time" Funny how so many anti gun laws (or proposed laws) protect the criminal element and subtly punish the law abiding citizens.

Reactions: MleeC and beararms
#32 ·
Bloomberg is and has been a thief and a crook all his life. Now that he is getting near the end he is trying to maker up for by embraces such causes . He is now as he has always been.
A dishonest phony.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.