President Obama & Gun Legistlation - Page 3

President Obama & Gun Legistlation

This is a discussion on President Obama & Gun Legistlation within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There is a "whole" list of things he's done, but I'm tired of posting for people who haven't been paying attention. You can start with ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: President Obama & Gun Legistlation

There is a "whole" list of things he's done, but I'm tired of posting for people who haven't been paying attention. You can start with various gun imports stopped, the attempt to eliminate lead bullets, the ATF regulations, etc they've tried to do,.... it's a long list.
    mcgyver210 and tkruf like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMia View Post
    *Sigh* So tired of hearing about all this SCOTUS nominee rhetoric. Take an objective, rational look at the current makeup of the Court, and you'll see that far and away, the most likely retirees during a potential second term are justices already considered to be on the liberal side of the spectrum. Justices historically look to retire under the term of an ideologically like-minded president, and/or when they feel like they no longer bring the type of utility/value to the Court that they once did.

In other words, dispassionately and objectively taking the above into account, barring a sad unexpected passing or retirement a second Obama term will likely mean little more than maintaining the status quo on the Court in terms of "leanings" - i.e. a 4-justice "liberal" wing, a 4-justice "conservative" wing, and Justice Kennedy (a Reagan appointee) acting as the proverbial swing vote.

To be sure, there are a lot of reasons why someone would not want to vote for Obama, and I won't get into that here. But the SCOTUS-going-liberal-and-destroying-us thing is just wildly overblown.
    SO SO SO short sighted, do you leave milk out of the refrigerator because it will probably still be good tomorrow??????

Yes an old liberal dinosaur retires under Obummer, to be replaced by a young liberal who will sit on the court for 20-30 or more years, and somewhere in the not too distant future the liberals get a solid 5-4 majority, then what?????

Let's put a (sudo) conservative in the White House and start tipping the balance our way NOW!!!! The battle will go in-defiantly, they can loose every battle now and keep fighting, we can only loose once and we are done.....NEVER GIVE AN INCH!!!!
    Spirit51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    The most interesting thing about discussions like this is how it exposes those who live in fear and see 'shadows behind every tree'. Those who imaginations run wild with conspiracy. Often with liberty and freedom comes an irrational fear of losing it and their fears cause them to lose freedoms in there own minds. The media knows who these people are and feeds them what they want to hear.
    I'm sure those words or similar would have been of comfort to the Russians of 1917, the German Jews of 1938, the Cambodians of 1973......
    HotGuns and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Please explain. What are you talking about?
    I started to write a long detailed answer but then thought, If I really need to explain the so obvious I would be wasting my time & yours because we would never agree anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ROBERT KENNEDY, former U.S. Attorney General of the U.S.: "All of us will ultimately be judged on the effort we have contributed to building a NEW WORLD ORDER." - 1967
    And RFK wasn't the only one.......
    Welcome to cremationofcare.com - You are currently in the 'The New World Order' section.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I'm worried abt all of them and our rights, both parties......
    mcgyver210 likes this.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Within the gun owner community there is a general feeling and assumption that President Obama is anti second amendment and is out to get our guns. I can remember during the last election how hard it was to get ammo and firearms. When I asked gun shops why, their reply was "silly Obama!"

During President Obama's first term I don't know of any anti gun legislation the he signed or endorsed. In 2010 President Obama signed Legislation that would allow carry in National Parks.

I agree that President Obama may not be the most gun friendly President. But who is actually driving gun and ammo sales? The NRA, Republican talking heads, or is it our fears about what President Obama might do in his second term?

Thoughts?
    All I know is he appointed two established anti-gunners to the Supreme Court during his first term, which will be making decisions long after he's out of office.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    When the Supreme Court ruled on the 2nd amendment President Obama said " I will fix that mistake when I appoint one more justice to the court."
    try to cover it up best you can he made it clear.
    Got a cite for that?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    As I see it, the danger Obama presents is in the appointment of Supreme Court Justices. The next POTUS will most likely be replacing two and quite possibly three justices.
    Considering both "Heller" and "MacDonald" were 5-4 decisions, any more liberal justices on the bench would not bode well for the Second Amendment.
    Any future cases involving gun rights would be resounding losses for our cause.

We also have the issue of the United Nations "Small Arms Trade Treaty"...frankly scares the crap out of me, knowing we have "Hillary" looking out for our "gun rights" through the drafting of this treaty, and Obama has pledged his "full support" for the treaty.

Obama can kill us without anything going before the House or Senate, simply by loading the federal courts and SCOTUS with his brand of activist judges.

Romney, I don't trust either. He is such a flip-flopper.
    I see him as the type of person that would absolutely "fall for" and support many types of "common Sense" gun control.
    We saw him push for this crap while he was Gov. of Mass. His "common sense" baloney would likely be the end of any and all "high capacity" mags. and most likely "assault TYPE weapons".

I honestly wouldn't pee on either one of them if they were on fire.
    But I gotta go with Romney on this...The impostor in the White House is simply too dangerous. He has made a living out of side-stepping the congress, and formulating his back-room deals at midnight. He's been running this country by his brand of crooked-ass Chicago politics.
    This man has basically been wiping his butt with our constitution for the last three years, it's time for it to stop!

tkruf and Spirit51 like this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    All I know is he appointed two established anti-gunners to the Supreme Court during his first term, which will be making decisions long after he's out of office.
    This is all I need to make up my mind. You can't just worry about retiring judges either. What happens when one gets sick or dies?

Quote Originally Posted by mcgyver210 View Post
    I started to write a long detailed answer but then thought, If I really need to explain the so obvious I would be wasting my time & yours because we would never agree anyway.
    Necermjnd, I understand completely. You have no idea what you were talking about and no proof to backup your paranoia. Don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    You do realize that the gun walking program started under Bush, right? It just went bad under Obama.

Obama is not going to do anything to our guns. He has expanded gun rights far more than Ronald "I hate freedom and the 2nd Amendment" Reagan who was anti-gun to the core. Obama has also signed the most pro-gun legislation in years with the national parks carry. The NRA is a bunch of liars and hypochondriacs. It is shameful how they are using the Obama election or money an to solicit donations.
    Hypochondriacs? really? As for the National Parks carry, that one got slipped past him.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    As I see it, the danger Obama presents is in the appointment of Supreme Court Justices. The next POTUS will most likely be replacing two and quite possibly three justices.
    Considering both "Heller" and "MacDonald" were 5-4 decisions, any more liberal justices on the bench would not bode well for the Second Amendment.
    Any future cases involving gun rights would be resounding losses for our cause.

We also have the issue of the United Nations "Small Arms Trade Treaty"...frankly scares the crap out of me, knowing we have "Hillary" looking out for our "gun rights" through the drafting of this treaty, and Obama has pledged his "full support" for the treaty.

Obama can kill us without anything going before the House or Senate, simply by loading the federal courts and SCOTUS with his brand of activist judges.

Romney, I don't trust either. He is such a flip-flopper.
    I see him as the type of person that would absolutely "fall for" and support many types of "common Sense" gun control.
    We saw him push for this crap while he was Gov. of Mass. His "common sense" baloney would likely be the end of any and all "high capacity" mags. and most likely "assault TYPE weapons".

I honestly wouldn't pee on either one of them if they were on fire.
    But I gotta go with Romney on this...The impostor in the White House is simply too dangerous. He has made a living out of side-stepping the congress, and formulating his back-room deals at midnight. He's been running this country by his brand of crooked-ass Chicago politics.
    This man has basically been wiping his butt with our constitution for the last three years, it's time for it to stop!

I would hit the "Like" button 10 more times if I could, but they only let me hit it once.
    Stubborn likes this.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Something noone seems to have mentioned yet is the "Justice" Department mandating reporting of multiple long gun sales in the border states. Essentially by "presidential" decree, they have initiated a gun registration scheme. It is narrow in scope, and specific in requirements, but that is how they get started. Yeah, I know it sounds paranoid, but it is a foot in the door, slippery slope, etc... and all the other platitudes of warnings. But just because you are called a conspiracy theorist, doesn't mean your theories aren't true. That is part of the strategy to make us look crazy, and dismiss us as fringe extremists. If we let Obama and his appointees stay around, he will impliment more such restrictions, bypassing congress and ignoring the will of the people or the oversight of the courts.
    tkruf and msgt/ret like this.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    Something noone seems to have mentioned yet is the "Justice" Department mandating reporting of multiple long gun sales in the border states. Essentially by "presidential" decree, they have initiated a gun registration scheme. It is narrow in scope, and specific in requirements, but that is how they get started. Yeah, I know it sounds paranoid, but it is a foot in the door, slippery slope, etc... and all the other platitudes of warnings. But just because you are called a conspiracy theorist, doesn't mean your theories aren't true. That is part of the strategy to make us look crazy, and dismiss us as fringe extremists. If we let Obama and his appointees stay around, he will impliment more such restrictions, bypassing congress and ignoring the will of the people or the oversight of the courts.
    Got a source for this? I would love to learn more.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links