President Obama & Gun Legistlation

This is a discussion on President Obama & Gun Legistlation within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Documents: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations - CBS News Investigates - CBS News U.S. judge backs ATF multiple ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: President Obama & Gun Legistlation

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Documents: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations - CBS News Investigates - CBS News
    U.S. judge backs ATF multiple rifle sales reporting | Reuters

Reuters and CBS are not exactly known for loving guns and printing rhetoric against Obama, so I think these should be a good starting point on the gun reporting topic.
    Walk softly ...

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Got a source for this? I would love to learn more.
    Yeah, it's called the National Archives and the Library of Congress. I know what I've seen him say directly in the past. There's no mincing the words coming out of his mouth.

Do your own research! I'm certainly not going to waste my time to hunt and dig for old video clips of what I've already witnessed just to satisfy your curiosity. You might try Google and YouTube as well.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Got a source for this? I would love to learn more.
    U.S. judge backs ATF multiple rifle sales reporting | Reuters

Google is your friend.

Necermjnd, I understand completely. You have no idea what you were talking about and no proof to backup your paranoia. Don't worry about it.
    No problem I gave you a good response based on your question & your approach to others which to put it Bluntly since you asked shows you are really just wanting to argue your point of view since anyone with a pulse can find information on his actions. I don't like to argue & usually find it takes two to argue.

Now if you really knew me I might be offended by your assumption, but since you don't I tried to politely post arguing with you is a waste of my time & yours.

As for me worrying about what you think I know & don't know, "Don't Worry About It".

Obama has also signed the most pro-gun legislation in years with the national parks carry.
    The National Parks carry was a rider attached to a credit card bill Obama wanted. Do you think he would have signed a stand alone bill that legalized National Park carry?
    msgt/ret likes this.

Vote Republican

"The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    Vote Republican
    Well, I'm certainly not going to vote for Obama. Doesn't matter who the opponent is.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMia View Post
    *Sigh* So tired of hearing about all this SCOTUS nominee rhetoric. Take an objective, rational look at the current makeup of the Court, and you'll see that far and away, the most likely retirees during a potential second term are justices already considered to be on the liberal side of the spectrum. Justices historically look to retire under the term of an ideologically like-minded president, and/or when they feel like they no longer bring the type of utility/value to the Court that they once did.

In other words, dispassionately and objectively taking the above into account, barring a sad unexpected passing or retirement a second Obama term will likely mean little more than maintaining the status quo on the Court in terms of "leanings" - i.e. a 4-justice "liberal" wing, a 4-justice "conservative" wing, and Justice Kennedy (a Reagan appointee) acting as the proverbial swing vote.

To be sure, there are a lot of reasons why someone would not want to vote for Obama, and I won't get into that here. But the SCOTUS-going-liberal-and-destroying-us thing is just wildly overblown.
    You get out of here with your logic and facts!!! Can't you see grown men are trying to panic in style here?

Nevermind the next three justices likely to retire all voted against Heller? This is about Obama the supervillan.
    Toorop likes this.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R.W.Dale View Post
    You get out of here with your logic and facts!!! Can't you see grown men are trying to panic in style here?

Nevermind the next three justices likely to retire all voted against Heller? This is about Obama the supervillan.
    You do realize that people (even supreme court justices) can die unexpectedly, or have a turn in life events that make them retire, right?
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Well, I'm certainly not going to vote for Obama. Doesn't matter who the opponent is.
    And that's your perogative, it being a free country and all. I probably won't vote for him either considering that 'Mittens' is pretty much "Obama Lite".

The thing that disturbs me is that I know where Obama stands. I also know that the House and Senate (still some Republicans in there) can hold him in check.

Elect Mitt with his thoughts on gun control, as previously stated in my post, and watch the Republicans in the House and Senate defy their President. Yeah, that'll happen.
    Toorop likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    You do realize that people (even supreme court justices) can die unexpectedly, or have a turn in life events that make them retire, right?
    Well here's to hoping something makes a few liberal supreme court justices take early retirement.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    Its rare and even so you base the assumption that Romney appointees will be much more pro 2a on what?

Here's the long view for you. Lets say a anti 2a liberal Republican candidate wins the presidency in 2012. Now that the president has been set that that's what it takes to get elected how long do you think it'll be till we see a strong pro 2a Republican? How in the world are we supposed to get conservative SCOUTS nominees if all our presidents from here on out are anti?

Wich none of this matters much. Romney comes across as a pompus eletist (Kerry v2.0) who will be unable to carry the south or get even a small fraction of woman votes. In other words he has a snowball's chance in Hades.

I would not trust Romney (isn't that a type of sheep?) to do the right things as far as I could throw the Statue of Liberty. However, I already have seen Obama's history from the time he was an Illinois Legislator, through his time as a US Senator and have seen his destructiveness so far in this term. Rather than stimulating the economy by supporting the consumer.. what did he do? He spent billions to Bail out Banking Executives so that they would get their Multi-million dollar Bonuses.. then he bailed out those of the Auto Industry that helped to get him elected.. there by helping those CEO's to get their Multi-million Dollar bonuses.. When it came to supposedly helping out those at risk of losing their homes.. what did he do? He created a system that only an attorney could understand and by doing so.. only those who could afford to pay for attorney's (those that did not need help paying their mortgages) were able to afford to get their loans modified.. Those who could not hire an attorney or could not get their States AG to support action on their behalf.. could not get help and lost their homes.
    All the while he has been putting our children and grandchildren at greater responsibility for paying for his bailouts..

I have seen Fast and Furious mentioned.. someone brought up that it was a program started long ago.. Ok.. if it was.. how come there has never been an instance coming close to the finding thousands of recently confiscated and supposedly destroyed weapons showing up back in criminal hands? I don't buy it.. I suspect someone trying to pull a It was Obama's predecessors fault diatribe here.

It is a known fact that Obama and his main squeeze Hillary refusing to allow the re-importation of thousands of historical weapons that were Made in America and initially used by American Soldiers in Korea, all because they might end up back on the streets in the hands of criminals.. Any weapon being imported has to be sold under our Federal Laws, so who is Obama saying is not to be trusted? His folks at the BATF? Or maybe his appointee Eric Holder? Or is this just another means for Obama and Hillary to deny American Citizens the right to own a Piece of American History.. and this hasn't even touched on the piece of trash called Obamacare.

Who can truly say that Obama is not trying to destroy America while keeping a straight face?
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement.

MJK
    The evidence is in - Kagan, Sotomayor & Holder - OB will rip the heart out of the 2A through his appointments and regulations. Period. If you vote for him then you must not place a very high priority on preserving our hard-won freedoms! I, for one, will actively campaign to help make him a one-term president. So help me God!
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Unfortunately I do believe we will get more of the wonderful CHANGE Obama brings to the table for the next few years since Republicans don't have a strong candidate.

He may even just suspend the constitution & stay longer than two terms.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links