President Obama & Gun Legistlation

This is a discussion on President Obama & Gun Legistlation within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Obama open mic slip: 'After my election I have more flexibility' - YouTube Methinks the sentiment he's expressing isn't just about throwing the Poles under ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 90
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: President Obama & Gun Legistlation

  1. #61
    Senior Member Array NH_Esau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    865
    Obama open mic slip: 'After my election I have more flexibility' - YouTube

    Methinks the sentiment he's expressing isn't just about throwing the Poles under the bus regarding missile defense, but myriad other issues. Is Chicago-style gun law one of those issues? Don't know, but if congress sends him a bill like that, I'm pretty sure he'll sign it.

    BTW, I think he'll be re-elected.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #62
    VIP Member Array Spirit51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Central Missouri
    Posts
    2,248
    I see so many people in here trying to convince others that Romeny doesn't have a chance. I think that is just wrong.
    Many of us have seen what the person in the White House has done with his 4 years and realize the damage he would do with a 2nd term.

    I don't believe that Romeny will "pull" any tricks with our 2nd Amendment rights and I know Republicans in the Congress wouldn't allow it. They KNOW what a storm that would bring on them.

    So if anyone is trying to convince ME that Obama is a better choice than Romeny...safe your fingers. My vote goes to anyone BUT Obama. I believe that the majority of voters will feel the same way.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; April 17th, 2012 at 10:55 AM.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

  4. #63
    Member Array LkWd_Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lakewood JBLM vicinity
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    I see so many people in here trying to convince others that Romeny doesn't have a chance. ~~snip~~ My vote goes to anyone BUT Obama. I believe that the majority of voters will feel the same way.
    I hope you did not take my comment about not trusting Romney as far as I could throw the Statue of Liberty comment as meaning that I would not vote for him.. Just I do not trust him..

    As you have said.. anyone but Obama will get my vote.. but not just anyone.. it will need to be someone who will get enough votes to end Obama's rein..

    I will hope and pray that you are correct that there will be enough to oust Obama.. however.. I already know how the schools have been indoctrinating the children who are now going to be voters.. Which is another sore subject with me.. Institutions of education are not there to twist the issues or tell kids how to vote.. they are there to educate and allow the children to exercise freedom of choice..
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement.

  5. #64
    Member Array mcgyver210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    I see so many people in here trying to convince others that Romeny doesn't have a chance. I think that is just wrong.
    Many of us have seen what the person in the White House has done with his 4 years and realize the damage he would do with a 2nd term.

    I don't believe that Romeny will "pull" any tricks with our 2nd Amendment rights and I know Republicans in the Congress wouldn't allow it. They KNOW what a storm that would bring on them.

    So if anyone is trying to convince ME that Obama is a better choice than Romeny...safe your fingers. My vote goes to anyone BUT Obama. I believe that the majority of voters will feel the same way.

    As a business owner I have seen his brand of change cause allot of stressful nights for me. I have had more struggles under this administration than any in the past Democrat or Republican. We also have paid more to the Government during his administration. I do know he doesn't control every aspect but he does influence decisions & in his case if it doesn't go his way he just signs an Executive Order.

    I wouldn't Vote for Obama if he paid me though. He will not hold back on his agenda in a second term.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; April 17th, 2012 at 10:55 AM.

  6. #65
    Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    You do realize that the gun walking program started under Bush, right? It just went bad under Obama.

    Obama is not going to do anything to our guns. He has expanded gun rights far more than Ronald "I hate freedom and the 2nd Amendment" Reagan who was anti-gun to the core. Obama has also signed the most pro-gun legislation in years with the national parks carry. The NRA is a bunch of liars and hypochondriacs. It is shameful how they are using the Obama election or money an to solicit donations.
    OMG (Obama Must Go!) Here we go again, It's Bush's Fault! Please read the following before we even get to the point of blaming the BUSH Admin: Amazon.com: Fast and Furious: Barack Obama's Bloodiest Scandal and the Shameless Cover-Up (9781596983212): Katie Pavlich: Books

    It has been year since anyone has appointed a racist to the supreme court but BHO did just that with the appointment of Ms Sonia M. Sotomayor. She does not hide the fact she is a proud member of La Raza, which is the Hispanic version of the KKK! Read the link: La Raza Movement: The Truth About 'La Raza', U.S. Immigration Laws - HUMAN EVENTS

    While I don't trust any politician, I bet on Romney before I'd go with BHO!
    mcgyver210 likes this.


    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

    If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

  7. #66
    Member Array mcgyver210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    OMG (Obama Must Go!) Here we go again, It's Bush's Fault! Please read the following before we even get to the point of blaming the BUSH Admin: Amazon.com: Fast and Furious: Barack Obama's Bloodiest Scandal and the Shameless Cover-Up (9781596983212): Katie Pavlich: Books

    It has been year since anyone has appointed a racist to the supreme court but BHO did just that with the appointment of Ms Sonia M. Sotomayor. She does not hide the fact she is a proud member of La Raza, which is the Hispanic version of the KKK! Read the link: La Raza Movement: The Truth About 'La Raza', U.S. Immigration Laws - HUMAN EVENTS

    While I don't trust any politician, I bet on Romney before I'd go with BHO!
    Your post made me realize I have been wrong Obama is good at one thing, Blaming Others for His Failures continually.

  8. #67
    Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Near Hotlanta!!
    Posts
    1,334
    Well I am not worried about them banning guns, I am worried about them taxing AMMO out of existence or banning all ammo that uses gun powder because it will harm the atmosphere or something. They are going to get us. It is a matter of time because Americans are uneducated, publicly schooled, dumbed down, system dependent, FOOLS. We are going to get what we deserve and we certainly do NOT deserve freedom or a republic any longer. This is all history my friends.

    Someone has to tell it how it is.

    In the fine words of Franklin, "We have given you a republic-If you can keep it?".....

    You see we lost it years ago. Shot off to space somewhere in the dark abyss of soft tyranny. We are just a cliff's edge away from total hardcore tyranny.

    Here is the hope that you can believe in "Americans do own a damned lot of firearms". Lets see what we make of em if the time ever required.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

  9. #68
    Member Array GrandBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    in the South,by God!
    Posts
    213
    Better start stockpiling guns,ammo and food.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; April 17th, 2012 at 10:57 AM.

  10. #69
    Distinguished Member
    Array Pistology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South Coastal LA Cty
    Posts
    1,835
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMia View Post
    *Sigh* So tired of hearing about all this SCOTUS nominee rhetoric. Take an objective, rational look at the current makeup of the Court, and you'll see that far and away, the most likely retirees during a potential second term are justices already considered to be on the liberal side of the spectrum. Justices historically look to retire under the term of an ideologically like-minded president, and/or when they feel like they no longer bring the type of utility/value to the Court that they once did.

    In other words, dispassionately and objectively taking the above into account, barring a sad unexpected passing or retirement a second Obama term will likely mean little more than maintaining the status quo on the Court in terms of "leanings" - i.e. a 4-justice "liberal" wing, a 4-justice "conservative" wing, and Justice Kennedy (a Reagan appointee) acting as the proverbial swing vote.

    To be sure, there are a lot of reasons why someone would not want to vote for Obama, and I won't get into that here. But the SCOTUS-going-liberal-and-destroying-us thing is just wildly overblown.
    Quote Originally Posted by R.W.Dale View Post
    You get out of here with your logic and facts!!! Can't you see grown men are trying to panic in style here?

    Nevermind the next three justices likely to retire all voted against Heller? This is about Obama the supervillan.
    Take an objective and rational view of ages. Ginsburg voted against Heller (as did Souter whom Sotomayor replaced). But the next two oldest justices voted in favor of Heller and gun ownership. I hope that you're right about justices retiring during the term of a "like-minded" president. But that undercuts your argument that there isn't a strong connection between a president and his Supreme Court appointees. I join with many who say that there is and that there is a risk of Constitutional impact by new appointees of a president who calls "unprecedented" a court that questions the original intent of Obamacare.
    Justice Age
    Ginsburg (DC and Chicago) 79

    Scalia (Heller and McDonald) 76
    Kennedy (Heller and McDonald) 75

    Breyer (DC and Chicago) 73

    Thomas (Heller and McDonald) 63
    Alito (Heller and McDonald) 62
    Roberts (Heller and McDonald) 57

    Sotomayor (Chicago) 57
    Kagan (replaces Stevens (Chicago)) 51
    phreddy likes this.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

  11. #70
    Member Array LkWd_Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lakewood JBLM vicinity
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandBob View Post
    Better start stockpiling guns,ammo and food.
    As for stockpiling, isn't that the Mormon thing to do? Have at least a 90 day supply on hand at all times.. LOL Now you only need to figure out what a days supply might be.. LOL

    Still does not take into consideration the evils that Obama can do before he leaves office.. He has already shown that he can use EO's to his advantage even when Congress does not bend to his will, and we still have a mostly Democratic Senate that can ratify an Arms Control Treaty right before election time.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; April 17th, 2012 at 10:58 AM.
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement.

  12. #71
    VIP Member Array miklcolt45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    @ Wits' End
    Posts
    2,787
    The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

    Look at his voting record, then tell me what he will do given the chance.

    He is as anti-gun as they come.
    Look at his votes.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

  13. #72
    Member Array R.W.Dale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    ar
    Posts
    86
    In a nutshell us voters have a choice, that choice is do we want to finish the half eaten stale sandwich we have or do we start on a fresh new one and hope it comes slathered in a better flavor of poo?

    Either way we're doomed

    I say tough it out and finish what we have. Because if Obama has proven he can be counted on for anything its his complete inability to govern. I say bring on another four more years of sweet sweet Washington deadlock rather risking the Republicans feeling like they need to try to accomplish something for a RHINO
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; April 17th, 2012 at 10:44 AM.

  14. #73
    Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,791
    If you want to vote for the plastic android Romney, knock yourself out.

    He says one thing today, then the opposite tomorrow. With Obama, we know that there is no anti-gun agenda. So anybody telling you that is just telling you a bald-faced lie.

    As a capitalist, I want predictabilty. With this administration, they are predictable. The plastic phony Romney thing? No idea. It says one thing then does something else. Not predictable. It will be interesting to see what it selects as a running mate.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

  15. #74
    VIP Member Array Eagleks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,411
    "Kennedy" .... THE DECIDING vote on 2A and several other "KEY" areas related to gun rights, and now on Obamacare.... has been wanting to retire. However, when Obama was elected, he put his retirement on hold, and it has been said that he plans now to try to NOT retire as long as Obama is in office. However, health and other things can change that plan in 2 seconds.

    Don't kid yourself, ONE .... replacement ..... in Kennedy's seat would change everything on the Supreme Court.

    And , as pointed out...... we're talking the 20-30 yrs, not just the next Presidential term.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

  16. #75
    mel
    mel is offline
    Member Array mel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    254
    Can Obama be beat?

    Weren't people asking the same thing about Tiger Woods a few years back?

    Obama can, and I think has beat himself.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

gun laws under obama

,

most gun friendly states

,
most gun-friendly state 2012
,

obama gun confiscation

,

obama most gun friendly president

,
obama most gun friendly president ever
,

obama speech sign conceal weapon in state parks you tube

,
powered by mybb doing business in mexico
,

powered by mybb florida child support enforcement

,

powered by mybb michigan state

,

powered by mybb obama support

,

powered by mybb speech

,

powered by mybb washington state child support

,

the most gun friendly states

,
which state is the most gun friendly
Click on a term to search for related topics.