President Obama & Gun Legistlation

This is a discussion on President Obama & Gun Legistlation within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Within the gun owner community there is a general feeling and assumption that President Obama is anti second amendment and is out to get our ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: President Obama & Gun Legistlation

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar

Within the gun owner community there is a general feeling and assumption that President Obama is anti second amendment and is out to get our guns. I can remember during the last election how hard it was to get ammo and firearms. When I asked gun shops why, their reply was "silly Obama!"

During President Obama's first term I don't know of any anti gun legislation the he signed or endorsed. In 2010 President Obama signed Legislation that would allow carry in National Parks.

I agree that President Obama may not be the most gun friendly President. But who is actually driving gun and ammo sales? The NRA, Republican talking heads, or is it our fears about what President Obama might do in his second term?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by HotGuns; April 15th, 2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: language workaround
    ANGLICO likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    Obama's Supreme Court appointments. We are one appointment away from losing the 5 - 4 for 2A court.

Quote Originally Posted by tiwee View Post
    Obama's Supreme Court appointments. We are one appointment away from losing the 5 - 4 for 2A court.
    +1

I doubt a second term 0bama could get much legislation through to hurt 2A gains over the last few years, especially since most of those gains have been made at the state level...

But one more 0bama appointee to SCOTUS and we could be hosed for years...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

I hear mixed things on this topic. Some people think he is waiting until his second term (if he has one), so that he won't have to worry about ticking the voters off. Others think he isn't as anti-2A as people say.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

I think Tiwee has it figured out. I'm not so afraid of Owebama as I am about the radicals he puts in powerful positions such as Eric Holder, Sonia Sotomayor or Van Jones that can screw up the 2A forever. That's why I keep saying that in the 2012 election we're not voting for a President as much as we are voting for a Supreme Court Justice.
    ericb327 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveJay View Post
    +1

I doubt a second term 0bama could get much legislation through to hurt 2A gains over the last few years, especially since most of those gains have been made at the state level...

But one more 0bama appointee to SCOTUS and we could be hosed for years...

^^^^^^^I am in these camps^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Could" is would !!

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    I hear mixed things on this topic. Some people think he is waiting until his second term (if he has one), so that he won't have to worry about ticking the voters off. Others think he isn't as anti-2A as people say.

^^These "others" you speak of are delusional^^^^^^^^^^

He will have a lot of help, from the majority of the Democrats, and quite a bit of the Republicans.
    This would be all part of the grand design called the NWO, and will vote accordingly, to gain favor with those who would be king.

ROBERT KENNEDY, former U.S. Attorney General of the U.S.: "All of us will ultimately be judged on the effort we have contributed to building a NEW WORLD ORDER." - 1967

MAYER AMSCHEL BAUER, (alias Rothschild/Head Bloodsucker) The Godfather of the Rothschild Banking Cartel of Europe stated, "Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws."
    (Our Congress gave him and fellow international Bankers complete control of the U.S. monetary system through passage of the "Federal Reserve Act, the Income Tax Act, and the 17th Amendment in 1913.)

GEORGE W. MALLONE, U.S. Senator (Nevada), speaking before Congress in 1957, alluded to the families that secretly own the "Federal" Reserve Bank and control the finances of the U.S. He stated:
    "I believe that if the people of this nation fully understood what Congress has done to them over the last 49 years, they would move on Washington; they would not wait for an election... It adds up to a preconceived plan to destroy the economic and social independence of the United States!"

Quote:
    Operation Vampire Killer 2000 - The Lawful Path

Technically, we are already being hosed.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

It's the law of supply and demand. Demand is high for several reasons.
    1. Election year
    2. Mayan calendar ends, ie preppers
    3. Iran working on nukes
    4. N Korea working on nukes
    5. Europe about to financial collapse

But I have faith in my lord and savior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh Don't get me started. . .
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    During Obama's first term I don't know of any anti gun legislation the he signed or endorsed. In 2010 Obama signed Legislation that would allow carry in National Parks.
    The only reason he signed it was because it was attached to the credit card bill HE demanded it was not by HIS choice.
    beararms likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

If a Scotus appointment doesn't doesn't remove our rights then an Exective act by Potus will. He doesn't seem to mind he thinks he knows what's best for America. If we fail to get out the current Potus then I'm humbled concerning the future of the second amendment.....the whole constitution. Once gains are made removing our rights, state laws will will yield to the Feds.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

I never cease to be amazed when I passively query the "professed Obama voter" why. Their answers are varied but usually no one is able to provide a single positive example, other than regurgitating hackneyed (D) talking points ie: he got Bin Laden, he saved the economy (BWAAAAHAHAHA), he's looking out for the common man, etc. etc., Or their answer is a regurgitation of the negative talking points from our so-called leader: Romney only cares about the wealthy, (R)'s are responsible for wars, the recession, the price of gas, the housing market, etc.etc. The majority of our electorate is uninformed, unaware, and completely susceptible to the state run propaganda machine (the media). Obama is not the danger. Those citizens are the danger. We will recover from the Obama fiasco. We may never recover from the people that put him there.

The reason for the shortage...
    The NRA and anyone else who can profit in the gun and ammo industry are doing so by creating fear from propaganda. Nothing boosts sales like fear and they know it. It's all money driven hype from those within the industry. Obama has done nothing to create these fears but don't they love to point the finger of blame at him. Misdirection at it's finest. They will try to keep the fear going for as long as they can.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

make no mistake about it,Obama has a long history of being anti gun long before he even became president..taking away our gun rights will be one of his priorities if re-elected..lets defeat Obama in 2012...

Obama And The Second Amendment - YouTube
    paching likes this.

Publicly the gun industry is against Obama. Privately they will be giving each other high fives when he gets re-elected.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    A +1, but we've forgotten his most important appointment, Eric Holder. Mr Holder is our country chief law enforcement officer! So before you even get to the supreme count you must go through him.

Some may not remember, but Mr. Holder and the appointed BATF officals set up Fast & Furious to show Americans we need stronger laws to prevent guns going to Mexico.

Another example, the people in OZ said the same thing right before they took their guns.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links