Defensive Carry banner

Does the GOP Convention hate freedom..

1K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Pistology 
#1 ·
Why can't I carry a water-gun or a hatchet?

It seems like the RNC should be lobbying to allow their constituency to bring not just firearms but other things such as tape and string. Why can't people have these items? Why are they afraid of melee weapons?

Why wouldn't they move to a state where carrying these items is legal?

#2 ·
So now the RNC is making laws for the city of Tampa?

Last I heard the laws of the city were enacted by their elected officials. I am sure Tampa has some qualities that caused the committee to feel that it was a suitable location in spite of such restrictions.

#4 ·
Hmmm maybe because there is no real difference between the GOP and the Democratic Party? If you're still thinking just right/left and that you have only to be on one of those two sides, you're thinking inside a much smaller box than you should be. Time to retake the power centers from the collectivists of both parties. The current rhetoric of the GOP is clearly contrary to their actions here, and it is a shame. Thank you for posting.

#6 ·
Well you would think they would have told Tampa that they have to allow all arms into the convention. Including maces, knives, water guns, and other things that they banned. I mean they are for the 2nd Amendment and this is a disgrace. Some people might like to bring their mace with them to the city for the convention. And why did Tampa try to ban guns from the convention but was not allowed. I would think the freedom loving GOP would have told them that they would have to allow firearms or else, assuming Tampa was legally allowed to ban guns.

#7 ·
Why don't they allow guns in sporting events? Parades? Schools? Courthouses? Bars? What are they doing in Charlotte? Do you pay any attention at all to Charlotte?
The rhetoric of your pointless questions is tired.

Hang on second. My 7 year old knows the answer. She say's with all the lib fruitcakes coming to protest (half of which can't even enunciate a complaint other than "Bush"), security might be an issue.

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlott...e-adopts-security-rules-for-dnc.html?page=all
What's the difference? Oh yeah. I still get to arm myself on my property. And my permit is still good walking down the street. How evil.

Reactions: DPro.40
#14 ·
Decisions about large conventions, meetings and other special events are based on a lot of other factors that rank much higher than 2A rights, good or bad. If you have 5 or 10 or 20 thousand folks flying in you need rooms, transport, F&B, and 2A just does not rank. I don't think it is intentional, it just does not hit the radar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.