Does the GOP Convention hate freedom..

This is a discussion on Does the GOP Convention hate freedom.. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Why can't I carry a water-gun or a hatchet? It seems like the RNC should be lobbying to allow their constituency to bring not just ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Does the GOP Convention hate freedom..

  1. #1
    Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Midwest Area to be Precise.
    Posts
    1,206

    Does the GOP Convention hate freedom..

    Why can't I carry a water-gun or a hatchet?

    It seems like the RNC should be lobbying to allow their constituency to bring not just firearms but other things such as tape and string. Why can't people have these items? Why are they afraid of melee weapons?

    Why wouldn't they move to a state where carrying these items is legal?

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    VIP Member Array mcp1810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,744
    So now the RNC is making laws for the city of Tampa?

    Last I heard the laws of the city were enacted by their elected officials. I am sure Tampa has some qualities that caused the committee to feel that it was a suitable location in spite of such restrictions.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

  4. #3
    Ex Member Array Yankeejib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    So now the RNC is making laws for the city of Tampa?

    Last I heard the laws of the city were enacted by their elected officials. I am sure Tampa has some qualities that caused the committee to feel that it was a suitable location in spite of such restrictions.
    I wish they'd picked an area closer to the midwest to be precise.

  5. #4
    VIP Member Array peckman28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,040
    Hmmm maybe because there is no real difference between the GOP and the Democratic Party? If you're still thinking just right/left and that you have only to be on one of those two sides, you're thinking inside a much smaller box than you should be. Time to retake the power centers from the collectivists of both parties. The current rhetoric of the GOP is clearly contrary to their actions here, and it is a shame. Thank you for posting.
    rammerjammer and Tzadik like this.

  6. #5
    VIP Member
    Array ANGLICO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    Posts
    3,156
    Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    Hmmm maybe because there is no real difference between the GOP and the Democratic Party? If you're still thinking just right/left and that you have only to be on one of those two sides, you're thinking inside a much smaller box than you should be. Time to retake the power centers from the collectivists of both parties. The current rhetoric of the GOP is clearly contrary to their actions here, and it is a shame. Thank you for posting.
    +1 to peckman28
    Socialism Kills! Time proven, with a very large body count! We are a Constitutional Republic....... not a Democracy, get it correct!

    Don't be mistaken for a Gecko45: http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

    Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14qTdp-Dd30

    ANGLICO Images

  7. #6
    Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Midwest Area to be Precise.
    Posts
    1,206
    Well you would think they would have told Tampa that they have to allow all arms into the convention. Including maces, knives, water guns, and other things that they banned. I mean they are for the 2nd Amendment and this is a disgrace. Some people might like to bring their mace with them to the city for the convention. And why did Tampa try to ban guns from the convention but was not allowed. I would think the freedom loving GOP would have told them that they would have to allow firearms or else, assuming Tampa was legally allowed to ban guns.

  8. #7
    Ex Member Array Yankeejib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Well you would think they would have told Tampa that they have to allow all arms into the convention. Including maces, knives, water guns, and other things that they banned. I mean they are for the 2nd Amendment and this is a disgrace. Some people might like to bring their mace with them to the city for the convention. And why did Tampa try to ban guns from the convention but was not allowed. I would think the freedom loving GOP would have told them that they would have to allow firearms or else, assuming Tampa was legally allowed to ban guns.
    Why don't they allow guns in sporting events? Parades? Schools? Courthouses? Bars? What are they doing in Charlotte? Do you pay any attention at all to Charlotte?
    The rhetoric of your pointless questions is tired.

    Hang on second. My 7 year old knows the answer. She say's with all the lib fruitcakes coming to protest (half of which can't even enunciate a complaint other than "Bush"), security might be an issue.

    http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte....html?page=all
    What's the difference? Oh yeah. I still get to arm myself on my property. And my permit is still good walking down the street. How evil.
    DPro.40 likes this.

  9. #8
    VIP Member Array mcp1810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Well you would think they would have told Tampa that they have to allow all arms into the convention. Including maces, knives, water guns, and other things that they banned. I mean they are for the 2nd Amendment and this is a disgrace. Some people might like to bring their mace with them to the city for the convention. And why did Tampa try to ban guns from the convention but was not allowed. I would think the freedom loving GOP would have told them that they would have to allow firearms or else, assuming Tampa was legally allowed to ban guns.
    I think you have the GOP confused with someone else. Part of the GOP platform has always been to let local people decide what is in their own best interest. Some parties might decide that they know what is best and force their opinions on others, but that is not the GOP style.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

  10. #9
    Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Midwest Area to be Precise.
    Posts
    1,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Why don't they allow guns in sporting events? Parades? Schools? Courthouses? Bars? What are they doing in Charlotte? Do you pay any attention at all to Charlotte?
    The rhetoric of your pointless questions is tired.

    Hang on second. My 7 year old knows the answer. She say's with all the lib fruitcakes coming to protest (half of which can't even enunciate a complaint other than "Bush"), security might be an issue.

    Charlotte adopts security rules for DNC - Charlotte Business Journal
    What's the difference? Oh yeah. I still get to arm myself on my property. And my permit is still good walking down the street. How evil.
    Why wouldn't they find a pro-freedom place to hold their convention is what I am wondering? I am sure the city of Tampa would be willing to cave into the side of freedom in order to bring the revenue that the GOP convention would generate. I don't think calling them "Lib Fruitcakes" is appropriate either or relevant to this discussion.

  11. #10
    VIP Member Array rammerjammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    3,216
    to answer the question in the title, Yes
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

    Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

  12. #11
    Member Array LkWd_Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lakewood JBLM vicinity
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    snip ~~ I mean they are for the 2nd Amendment and this is a disgrace. Some people might like to bring their mace with them to the city for the convention. And why did Tampa try to ban guns from the convention but was not allowed. I would think the freedom loving GOP would have told them that they would have to allow firearms or else, assuming Tampa was legally allowed to ban guns.
    Maybe I got a different gist of what is happening in Tampa.. From what I got out of the video is that the Secret Service tried to create a GUN FREE perimeter but because of the Firearms laws that exist in Tampa.. they can not ban guns at the convention.. So the Secret Service is making the rules and restricting everything else.. (of course.. hopefully we all know who is in charge of the Secret Service at the Moment.. Obama's other main squeeze Janet Napolitano at Homeland Security) to make the powers that be as happy as possible.. and knowing who they are.. the RNC should feel lucky that they selected a place that is so pro 2a and pro-gun.
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement.

  13. #12
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    Most politicians fear freedom. Its not a matter of any particular party policy. Its about control.

    Michael

  14. #13
    Senior Member Array DaveJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    536
    It's a "Special Security Event" as declared by the Secret Service...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...Security_Event

    They make the rules...not the political party
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

  15. #14
    Moderator
    Array Rock and Glock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado at 35,670'
    Posts
    11,559
    Decisions about large conventions, meetings and other special events are based on a lot of other factors that rank much higher than 2A rights, good or bad. If you have 5 or 10 or 20 thousand folks flying in you need rooms, transport, F&B, and 2A just does not rank. I don't think it is intentional, it just does not hit the radar.
    Richard

    NRA Life Member

    "But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

    "You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

    "Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

  16. #15
    Ex Member Array Yankeejib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    I don't think calling them "Lib Fruitcakes" is appropriate either
    The best part about it is the sheriff's dept is gearing up to arrest, book, and get preliminary hearings accomplished in record time and make $800 a pop. Kinda like tag and release.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

secret 17th ammendment gop
,
tampa city council members party affiliation
,

tampa city council party affiliation

,
tampa city counsel party affiliation
Click on a term to search for related topics.