Defensive Carry banner

Chicago, the perfectly safe Gun Free Zone - Gun Related Homicides Soar in 2012!

4K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Toorop 
#1 ·
Saturday Night (Apr 14th) Report: 2 dead, 7 wounded in separate South and West Side shootings2 dead, 7 wounded in separate South and West Side shootings - chicagotribune.com

I understand the Mayor is now blaming all this violence on a specific former Republican President, or Democratic Party Mayor Daily (which ever is more useful to blame at the time).

Quick, pass some more gun control laws to look like you care, Mr. Mayor.

............. Article on the vast increase in the first quarter of 2012.................

Chicago homicides soar in first quarter of 2012
During one particularly violent weekend last month, 49 people were shot — 10 of them fatally, including a 6-year-old girl as she sat between her mom's legs on the family's Little Village front porch. The violence was largely concentrated on the South and Southwest sides.

In the last two weeks of March, the violence continued unabated. The department's statistics show that 26 people were killed and more than 80 nonfatal shootings occurred from March 19 through April 1.

Chicago homicides soar in first quarter of 2012 compared with a year earlier - Chicago Tribune

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow, sounds like they really have the answer in that City! Take the rest of the guns from the Good People, and that should do it. With only the BG's killing people, it will cut the deaths by half!

#3 ·
Acrtually guns are legally allowed to be owned in Chicago.

The reason that crime is soaring is not the gun laws, but the fact that the city had 13,000 police officers and is now down to around 9000. CHicago has always been a violent city but it is very recently that they have had legal guns and the homicide rate is climbing. However it is only recently has the CPD been so depleted of officers.

#4 ·
Acrtually guns are legally allowed to be owned in Chicago.

The reason that crime is soaring is not the gun laws, but the fact that the city had 13,000 and now down to around 9000. CHicago has always been a violent city but it is very recently that they have had legal guns and the homicide rate is climbing. However it is only recently has the CPD been so depleted of officers.
All due respect, but the root cause of crime/homicide, whether it's Chicago or Detroit, is NOT due to a reduced police force. I wish it were that simple.

Reactions: tangoseal
#5 ·
My take on it is; it's the morel degradation and you owes me mentality of our society. The urban setting is predator vs. prey and the weak. Use has it and I wants it! We need to be a self regulating society and administer immediate and swift justice, notice I said swift and justice. The law does no one any good if there's no one around to administer it, does it? Besides, the law and justice are two totally separate concepts in our liberal so called justice system. I know, let's legislate some more laws to curb crime! When are the politicians going to realize you can't legislate morality? Abolishing the death penalty or taking 30+ years to administer it is a criminal incentive, not a deterrent and is ludicrous, IMHO. We need to start punishing criminals, not trying the failed concept of rehabilitation. No three hots and a cot, free college education, cable TV, canteen, no toilet paper, no free weight gyms, no outside / inside communications what-so-ever, no phones, no visits, no nothing except punishment.

soap box / OFF

#6 ·
What moral degradation are you talking about? I am rather young compared to some and don't understand what morals have disappeared.

Andwhat "you owes me" mentality? I would argue the urban and rural settings are no different and I am not sure what you mean by liberal justice system. The facts are that our nation has the most laws and the most incarcerated people percentage wise in the world. I do see some people trying to legislate morality with anti-drug laws and anti-protstitution laws and other useless laws like gun laws however I am not sure that abolishing the death penalty was a mistake. The innocence project proves that point. I believe the saying "Better one thousand guilty men go free than one innocent man be unjustly punished." Imagine being one of the imprisoned men who was innocent. Or the innocent man that Governor Parry let the state execute in Texas. What then? Is that justice? Is that what our Founders would have wanted?

I also wash what 3 hots and a cot? So we should starve them and let them get sick? What free college education, do you have some links? And you do realize that many guards like the idea of the inmates having free weights? You think they should be completely cut off from everyone? Talk about cruel and unusual and not to mention a way to create a hazardous working situation for the many correctional officers. Desperate men will do desperate things.

#7 ·
Obviously, they have posted the wrong kind of signs...better signs, that's what is needed!:yup:

Reactions: gator15
#8 ·
I agree with Dennis, our justice system just does not work, look at the man in Gainesville that was just released for robbery, got out and robbed another lady in the same place, cmon.... enough already.
If there was swifter justice and more severe punishment I think crime rates would go down. As for the innocent, thats a hard one, but on the other hand, if you do not put yourself in a questionable situation in the first place, there should not be any reason for you to be implicated.

The criminals have nothing to fear! It's their way of life already !

#9 ·
The convicted criminal has already done desperate and in most cases violent "things". That is why they are incarcerated. They are there for punishment not a fitness camp, nor to watch cable television or visitors smuggling contraband in to the prison. Sheriff Joe down in Arizona has it right. A prisoner is given the basics of food, water and medical treatment along with a cot, pillow and blanket with an ocasional shower, and you don't get to lay around all day. You go to work under supervision. The idea is to make an impression on the inmate that he doesn't want to come back to prison - ever. If your looking for justice - look somewhere else. The legal system is a business, period - and it's big business. It's got nothing to do with justice.

You don't think so? Ok. A person commits a crime and the police department investigates. All of the people in the police department, the prosecutors office and the court administration all get paid to put this person into the "legal" system and adjuticate.
Everyone of those people involved get paid and are dependent on the criminal justice system for a pay check. Does it matter whether the person is really innocent? Nope. Ask any of those people involved after they have their paycheck in hand, and are headed out the door for a couple weeks of vacation.

#13 ·
If I'm not mistaken, the 2nd Amendment was probably the first time in human history that any elite ruling class actually gave value to the idea of allowing the peasants to arm themselves. The more polished and successful we can be in Iowa, Missouri, Kentucky, Indiana, and Wisconsin, the more appealing our Constitutional social movement will look - even in Chicago.

Chicago is nothing to disparage. It is something to fight for. :hand10:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.