Mother of fallen Virginia Tech Student speaks out..

This is a discussion on Mother of fallen Virginia Tech Student speaks out.. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; PRESS - Virginia Open Carry ** Mother of fallen Virginia Tech Student speaks out.. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - April 16, 2012 - 9AM - Contact ...

Like Tree16Likes
  • 15 Post By DaveH
  • 1 Post By kapnketel

Thread: Mother of fallen Virginia Tech Student speaks out..

VIP Member

PRESS - Virginia Open Carry

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - April 16, 2012 - 9AM - Contact - Ed Levine - VaGunRights@gmail.com

On April 16, 2007, my child, Leslie Sherman, was killed by Seung-Hui Cho during the Virginia Tech massacre. Today is the fifth anniversary of her death. Always in my memories, every day I wish that this tragedy was a nightmare and I could wake up to hold my daughter even if it is just one more time. That opportunity might have been possible if someone been able to defend and protect my daughter in her classroom before Cho took 30 precious lives.

There is an unfortunate drive for more gun control and the continuation of preventing guns on campus by parents whose children lived or survived during that fatal day. Several family members of those victims have actively voiced their support for increased gun control measures. As result, it has been assumed that they speak for all families of the Virginia Tech victims. I am writing this to make it clear that this is not the case. They do not represent me and my views.

Speaking for myself, I would give anything if someone on campus; a professor, one of the trained military or guardsman taking classes or another student could have saved my daughter by shooting Cho before he killed our loved ones. Because professors, staff and students are precluded from protecting themselves on campus, Cho, a student at Virginia Tech himself, was able to simply walk on campus and go on a killing rampage with no worry that anyone would stop him.

I ask a simple question: Would the other parents of victims be forever thankful if a professor or student was allowed to carry a firearm and could have stopped Seung-Hui Cho before their loved one was injured or killed? I would be. I also suspect that the tragedy may not have occurred at all if Cho knew that either faculty members or students were permitted to carry their own weapons on campus. Cho took his own life before campus police were able to reach him and put a stop to his killing spree.

A sad testament to this anniversary date is the number of similar killings in schools and public places that have taken place afterwards as if nothing has changed to help prevent such needless and heartbreaking events. That is why I fully support the
    VCDL in their outstanding efforts to help prevent this type of tragedy and loss from occurring in the future.

Holly Adams

###

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Thanks for the post.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    Some people get it. Unfortunately, most administrators in education don't.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

If they would just make murder illegal, we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Some people get it. Unfortunately, most administrators in education don't.
    - It's not just the administrators in education. There are still a good number of states that make it very difficult for the average citizen to get a pistol permit.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I'll bet she is never interiewed by the press...
    goldshellback likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Thanks for posting this. I had suspected that some of the parents had to feel this way, but had not seen that confirmed. From the way the media tells it, the parents have all banded together and are holding hands with the Bradys. I thought that was a very well thought out and respectfull letter. I wish it could get more widely distributed.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    I'd like to see if she has the 'gumption' of Suzanna Gratia Hupp. That'd get a 'few' headlines.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Can't confirm "never", but I sent copies of her Press Release to three local news organizations.

Nothing reported to date.

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Links