Defensive Carry banner

Brady Campaign President: NRA Put ‘the Gun in George Zimmerman’s Hands’

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  BigStick 
#1 ·
Brady Campaign President: NRA Put ‘the Gun in George Zimmerman’s Hands’
By Melanie Hunter
April 16, 2012

Brady Campaign president Dan Gross called on Congress to “take simple action to stop arming dangerous people.”

“Arming dangerous people just to support a lobby that sells guns. That is shameful. It is immoral. It is almost criminal. That’s why we’re here in D.C., this week, to demand Congress make it abundantly clear whose vision they support – the NRA’s dark, paranoid vision of guns just about anywhere in just about anyone’s hands or our vision – an America where tragedies like ours and the 32 others that will occur today no longer happen,” Gross said.

Can someone define who he thinks the 'Dangerous People' are? It ain't me.

Lets pass some more failed gun control laws so that only criminals will have firearms! Lots more in the Article:

Brady Campaign President: NRA Put

Moderator Note: Keep comments on point Re: The Brady Campaign etc. NOT ZIMMERMAN

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for re-opening what is a very relevant thread. From the last paragraph of the article:

“‘I believe that these people should not be able to buy, own, or carry a gun anywhere in our nation: convicted felons, convicted domestic abusers, terrorists, and people found to be dangerously, mentally ill,’ Gross said."

The last time I checked, these people are not legally allowed to buy, own, or carry a gun anywhere in our nation now.

#3 ·
Just for the record, I was not going for the Zimmerman sensation (that was a part of the article's title), I was looking at this from the bonehead's stance of 'let's reinforce failure of already too many poorly written and implemented firearms laws in the US'.

#5 ·
I have repeatedly asked pro-Brady folks what is reasonable restrictions are... After the usual awb and things that are already banned, I ask is that all. If they answer at all,they say we will have to see...

#7 ·
Yeah, that's working out real well in the UK right now. First the last 10 years of Knife Killings, now they are back to high incidents of Gunshot Killings (even thought they are banned).

Even the Bobbies are packing MP-5s.

Sad!

#8 ·
"Can someone define who he thinks the 'Dangerous People' are? It ain't me.

From their perspective it is you. Anyone who wantsd a firearm is a dangerous person, as ther eis no good reason to own one from their point of view. Therefore you are mentally unstable.

#9 ·
i“Here’s what it says: ‘I believe that these people should not be able to buy, own, or carry a gun anywhere in our nation: convicted felons, convicted domestic abusers, terrorists, and people found to be dangerously, mentally ill,’ Gross said.
Well that is what background checks do; weed out these people. GZ would not have a CCW permit if he was the "convicted criminal" they claim he is. Another false accusation by the gun grabbers

#10 ·
Mr. Gross is taking up to many natural resources by breathing.

#11 ·
I still do not believe non violent felons should lose the right to self defense "legally". It is overkill and did not used to exist before these anti-gun laws were put in place. Before we actually believed that once you served your sentence life for you went back to normal.

#13 ·
That has always been the issue with Brady. They want more laws rather than to enforce the ones already in place.
On second thought, they don't want more laws, they just want all guns banned.

#16 ·
I can't help but laugh when I read anything that these guys put out. Every time I read an article or quote, or see them on TV. But then I get sad and annoyed realizing that some people actually buy into this garbage and the media keeps presenting it like its a groundbreaking news story. The only thing that keeps me feeling warm and fuzzy is how much money Bloomberg and all the other folks waste trying to push this stuff onto the American people, who are surprisingly still at least moderately intelligent and thoughtfull about their ideas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.